PDA

View Full Version : Forehead too big

Moon_Rabbit
September 4th, 2018, 11:06 AM
This is a really dumb post but I don't know what to do. So i have bangs now and i really do not like them but my forehead is so big I have to wear them. Is there any other hairstyle or anything i could do?

Lady Stardust
September 4th, 2018, 11:41 AM
First of all, hello and welcome to the forum!

There are all sorts of ways to wear a fringe (bangs). They could be long, very short, sideswept, wispy, full, blunt cut or chopped into - if you don’t like the current style you have you could try wearing them a different way. It could make all the difference. Side swept suit just about everyone I think.

You say that you have to have them because you have a big forehead, but honestly I think large foreheads are beautiful. The leading ladies in classic Hollywood films had their hair swept back to show their foreheads, and there are plenty of celebrities these days who don’t hide away behind a fringe. Of course, you should do what you’re comfortable with, but it would be great if you could learn to love your features and don’t try to hide them. It would free you up to try lots of styles.

I was conscious of my forehead when I was a teenager, which is a shame because swept back hair actually suits me quite well. There’s plenty of time to adjust and try out something new. Go easy on yourself and experiment a bit, it can’t hurt.

spidermom
September 4th, 2018, 01:17 PM
By whose criteria is your forehead so big that it must be hidden by bangs? The only person you have to please with your hairstyle is yourself because you will NEVER be able to please everybody else. If you liked yourself better without bangs, grow them out and tell everybody else to pay attention to their own hair and faces, not yours.

If you agree your appearance benefits from bangs, but the style that you have doesn't please you, there are other styles to explore, as Lady Stardust points out. The nice things about bangs is that you only have to grow for a few months at most before you can change the style. You might want to spend some time on YouTube learning what style of bangs is flattering for the different face shapes.

But always - you do you. Nobody else's opinion about your appearance counts as much as your own.

lithostoic
September 4th, 2018, 01:20 PM
I have a really big forehead and choose not to wear bangs. It makes me more conscious because I am forced to focus on it. I used to care but not anymore. It isn't my job to look pretty. But I did have bangs on and off for years.

lapushka
September 4th, 2018, 01:31 PM
Maybe you are just used to the bangs, and it is just the getting used to not having them? Maybe try wearing side bangs for a while. It takes getting used to as well, but it might be a good solution.

Ylva
September 4th, 2018, 01:48 PM
I have a big forehead too and I used to feel very insecure about it. People still sometimes make comments that my forehead looks huge, but I don't care, it's none of their concern anyway. I don't know if bangs "objectively" look good on me or not - I think a little bit of face framing looks good on me. But I get very oily on my forehead and my bangs always end up looking like a greasy piece of ass, so I am just letting my hair grow. Also, I don't have that much hair that I would be happy about "sacrificing" a portion of it for bangs. So those people who aren't happy with my forehead can just look at me from behind then for all I care.

LittleHealthy
September 4th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Absolutely! When I experienced some really bad post partum hairloss, my hairline receded really badly. I just switched up where I parted my hair. I started parting it over one side instead of in the middle. So then I had a bit of side-swept hair to mask my massive forehead with. I only ever went back to a middle part very recently, 3 years later!

Kat
September 4th, 2018, 04:51 PM
I also have a big forehead-- high hairline, plus the fact that my hair is kind of "flat" to my head when pulled back that visually continues that "bald" look-- but it doesn't bother me enough to make me want to wear bangs (especially since I think they'd make me look young).

sallyd
September 5th, 2018, 08:22 AM
This is a really dumb post but I don't know what to do. So i have bangs now and i really do not like them but my forehead is so big I have to wear them. Is there any other hairstyle or anything i could do?

I'm sorry Moon_Rabbit that your forehead is causing you woe.

I agree with the other posters here, you could try styling your hair a bit differently at the front, or use bangs of a different kind from those you currently have.

I am a fellow highbrow, and I've just come to the conclusion, after many ventures with weird-looking bangs, that my forehead is so large because it decorates the front of a giant brain... maybe!

Finally I just wanted to say, forehead scale is entirely a fashion thing. In the fifteenth century, gals used to pluck or shave their hairline to get the look that we have naturally! Small comfort I know if you're not feeling happy with yourself. I hope you find a style that makes you happy.

If anyone's interested, beauty tips from the late Middle Ages and some images of massive great foreheads can be seen here (https://www.xojane.com/beauty/how-to/medieval-beauty-tips).

illicitlizard
September 7th, 2018, 02:18 AM
I'm so over this trend of telling people what they can and can't wear/do to their appearance to appease some arbitrary standard of beauty.

If you don't like bangs, you're not obliged to keep them just because you've got a bigger forehead! I would recommend changing your part if you feel like the no bangs look is too severe though, especially if you're currently wearing a centre part.