PDA

View Full Version : BCL by Christmas 2019

Dark40
September 2nd, 2018, 08:39 PM
Hi, I don't think there is a thread and if there is I strongly apologize. Who would like to join me to achieve this goal of BCL by Christmas of 2019? Right now, at WL. I think this length achievable by then.

Corvana
November 19th, 2018, 08:58 PM
I'm not sure I'll actually make it, but I'm sure going to try! :laugh:

Dark40
November 19th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Welcome to the thread! :) Yes, me too! We are going to try this together. :)

Spar
November 19th, 2018, 10:14 PM
I'm at waist length too! Lets do this

Krissycats
November 19th, 2018, 11:37 PM
I should be ablet to make it by then.

gustavonut
November 20th, 2018, 04:07 AM
Nope, I cut short. Lol :whistle:

Dark40
November 20th, 2018, 07:36 PM
I'm at waist length too! Lets do this

Hi! I can see your hair on your profile photo. It's so pretty! :) And, yes it is at waist length. You know, without the curls it looks like your hair is almost hip length stretch! :D

Dark40
November 20th, 2018, 07:38 PM
Welcome to the forum everyone! :)

ArabellaRose
November 23rd, 2018, 05:01 AM
I've just had my mum take a photo for me and it looks like I'm currently at hip, I'm in the TBL by Christmas 2019 challenge but with microtrimming I'm not 100% certain I'll make it so I'll join this one too.

Here's my length shot, red is BCL and blue is TBL.

https://preview.ibb.co/jA1CcA/20181123-114815.jpg (https://ibb.co/hzrpPq)

Corvana
November 24th, 2018, 04:45 PM
I'm not sure I'll actually make it, but I'm sure going to try! :laugh:

I might actually make it! I got a remeasure done for my milestones (finally), and my measurement for BCL was 2" too long! So instead of potentially hitting it at the beginning of February (well really, later than that, as I plan to do a small trim on the first of the year), I've got it listed now as the end of October! So I can trim almost a full inch and can still likely make it by Christmas 2019!

Dark40
November 29th, 2018, 07:59 PM
I might actually make it! I got a remeasure done for my milestones (finally), and my measurement for BCL was 2" too long! So instead of potentially hitting it at the beginning of February (well really, later than that, as I plan to do a small trim on the first of the year), I've got it listed now as the end of October! So I can trim almost a full inch and can still likely make it by Christmas 2019!

What do you mean by your measurement for BCL was 2" too long? Oh, so you're planning on doing a small trim on at the first of the year? Ok. Oh, I see. Sounds like you're going to be trimming twice a year? I also trim once or twice a year too. Or, whenever it needs it. I mostly do a lot of dustings. How long is your hair now?

Dark40
November 29th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Welcome ArabellaRose! Congratulations on reaching hip! :) That's good that you're in the Tailbone length challenge as well.

Corvana
November 29th, 2018, 10:45 PM
What do you mean by your measurement for BCL was 2" too long? Oh, so you're planning on doing a small trim on at the first of the year? Ok. Oh, I see. Sounds like you're going to be trimming twice a year? I also trim once or twice a year too. Or, whenever it needs it. I mostly do a lot of dustings. How long is your hair now?

I had measured from hip to BCL while sitting, which caused a discrepancy in my measurements.

I plan to trim as little as possible, actually! I last trimmed in I think June? Of 2017, and hope that my trim on the first of 2019 will be enough for at least a year, if not more.

I'm currently at MBL, and will be very nearly waist when I trim on the first of January.

Dark40
November 30th, 2018, 07:40 PM
I had measured from hip to BCL while sitting, which caused a discrepancy in my measurements.

I plan to trim as little as possible, actually! I last trimmed in I think June? Of 2017, and hope that my trim on the first of 2019 will be enough for at least a year, if not more.

I'm currently at MBL, and will be very nearly waist when I trim on the first of January.

Awwwwww, I'm so sorry to hear that measuring caused you some discrepancy.

Oh, that's a good thing that you are planning a small trim as possible! My last trim was June of this year, and I'm not planning another trim until I really need it. That's if my ends behave. :) I remember being at MBL for many years in my life. That was my natural hair length but after joining here at the LHC my hair has been able to grow a little longer down to WL! But after trimming this passed June I had to trim back to MBL again, and now I'm almost at WL again! I have chemically relaxed hair, and I'm planning on getting it relaxed again this coming week, and I know when it gets done it will stretch out to WL or a little bit longer! :D Yay!

Pouncequick
December 2nd, 2018, 08:55 AM
I think I'll join this. I may trim a bit to deal with damage and I'm currently about 3 inches away. I was considering joining the tailbone thread but that's about 6 inches for me with no trims and that will put it out of reach if I do a bigger trim.

Dark40
December 2nd, 2018, 07:28 PM
Welcome to the thread, Pouncequick! I'm looking forward to growing with you between now and next year. I've got a long ways to go before I reach BCL. I've joined the tailbone thread as well. Because, I'm short 5'3", and I feel that by the end of next year I will have reach BCL and maybe perhaps tailbone length. To be honest, the 2 lengths are in the same area on me. Some others say it's in the general same area on the body.

Pouncequick
December 2nd, 2018, 07:44 PM
Welcome to the thread, Pouncequick! I'm looking forward to growing with you between now and next year. I've got a long ways to go before I reach BCL. I've joined the tailbone thread as well. Because, I'm short 5'3", and I feel that by the end of next year I will have reach BCL and maybe perhaps tailbone length. To be honest, the 2 lengths are in the same area on me. Some others say it's in the general same area on the body.

Oh cool! We're the same height. For me the two are about 3" apart or a bit less. BCL is where it is just passed my belt and TBL is about a quarter of the way down my pockets in my usual jeans.

Dark40
December 3rd, 2018, 07:16 PM
Oh cool! We're the same height. For me the two are about 3" apart or a bit less. BCL is where it is just passed my belt and TBL is about a quarter of the way down my pockets in my usual jeans.

Yes, that is cool! We are the same height! ;) Yes, BCL on me is the same mark as well and TBL is about a quarter of the way down my pockets in my usual jeans too.

Ylva
December 17th, 2018, 07:13 PM
I think I'm joining. Considering that I'll be cutting back to hip at New Year, I think I could probably reach BCL by the end of 2019 while microtrimming.

Joules
December 18th, 2018, 01:25 AM
Same as Ylva :scissors:

I should be back at BCL by late Spring w/o trims, and right now I'm planning to maintain it for the rest of the year. I don't think I'd dare to grow to tailbone until my taper improves (right now I can't even properly see my actual length in the mirror, it's totally transparent, that's how bad my taper is).

Dark40
December 19th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Hi Yiva and Joules! Welcome to the thread! :) I'm looking forward to growing with you guys.

Ylva
December 29th, 2018, 03:53 PM
Hi Yiva and Joules! Welcome to the thread! :) I'm looking forward to growing with you guys.

Thank you, likewise! :)

Rosy blossom
January 15th, 2019, 12:17 PM
Hello everyone! Hope you're all having a good start to the new year. I'm making this thread for all those whose goals are to reach the butt crack length, hopefully by Christmas. Currently I have mid back length hair, but, it touches waist when it's wet or when I stretch it.

Have any of you set any challenges this year to reach this length?

My challenge is no trimming except S&D, no heat and no colouring. I plan on trying a new hair mask every month and see which one works for my hair.

What are you favourite ways to style your hair? I usually just braid mine or if I'm in a hurry then put it in a bun, this way it's up and forgotten about until night time.

Hope to see many replies as I'm very excited about reaching BCL by Christmas! My goal length is knee, but BCL will be a big achievement for me!

Ylva
January 15th, 2019, 05:17 PM
There is an existing thread for this length goal, over here: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147457

You should stop by there so we're all in the same place! :) I'm also going for this goal, but I should reach it sometime during the summer.

Dark40
January 15th, 2019, 08:34 PM
Thank you, likewise! :)

You're welcome, yes likewise! :)

Rosy blossom
January 16th, 2019, 02:58 AM
Oh I'm pleased! When I searched for it i couldn't find it before, maybe I wasn't specific enough in the search box. Anyway I'm so excited! It's been a tough week so I'm trying to keep myself motivated, imagining myself on Christmas day brushing my long hair out :D

Ylva
January 16th, 2019, 06:31 AM
Oh I'm pleased! When I searched for it i couldn't find it before, maybe I wasn't specific enough in the search box. Anyway I'm so excited! It's been a tough week so I'm trying to keep myself motivated, imagining myself on Christmas day brushing my long hair out :D

Doing a Google search with the keywords "long hair community <something else>" is usually a good idea, that's how I mostly search for stuff here when I do. :)

Haha that's great! It'll be fun to grow together with you!

Rosy blossom
January 16th, 2019, 12:42 PM
Doing a Google search with the keywords "long hair community <something else>" is usually a good idea, that's how I mostly search for stuff here when I do. :)

Haha that's great! It'll be fun to grow together with you!

I'll be doing that from now on :D

priinnz
January 17th, 2019, 03:16 PM
I hope I reach that goal by Christmas 2019.. Will keep trying. I think I am currently between waist and hip...

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 03:19 PM
Hello prinnz! Welcome to the thread! :) Looking forward to growing with you. I will also keep trying as well. I'm also between waist and hip as well...

priinnz
January 17th, 2019, 03:30 PM
Hello prinnz! Welcome to the thread! :) Looking forward to growing with you. I will also keep trying as well. I'm also between waist and hip as well...

Thanks Dark40. Glad to be in this together. I wonder how long does it take to reach BCL with trims and all... lets see...

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 03:49 PM
Thanks Dark40. Glad to be in this together. I wonder how long does it take to reach BCL with trims and all... lets see...

Your'e welcome prinnz. Yes, me too. I also wonder how long it takes to reach BCL with trims and all too....yes, let's see...it depends on how much and how often you are trimming? How often do you trim?

priinnz
January 17th, 2019, 04:30 PM
approx 4-6 months. I always insist they cut 1 inch and give me more u-shaped haircut, but I almost always come back with hair in layers and around 2 inches gone

Dark40
January 17th, 2019, 04:36 PM
Oh, ok cool. I do my own trimming. I don't let no one else trim or cut my hair, and I only trim once or twice a year. I'm on the "No Trimming Challenge" Or, the "Trimming Every 6 Months Challenge." And when I trim I only take off 1cm. I mostly do a lot of dustings whenever it is needed, and that's not too often.

priinnz
February 5th, 2019, 04:13 AM
Tipped my head a bit back in shower and almost touching BCL 😊😊😊

5 fingers away when dry...

Grow my little ones... GROW

Dark40
February 5th, 2019, 10:50 AM
Wow! Congratulations on your new milestone! :) :) :)
You are so blessed to be so close right now! I really wish that I was that close...
Yes, grow little ones...GROW

priinnz
February 5th, 2019, 01:43 PM
Yes lucky to be close to my goal. I am so glad I am here it keeps me motivated. I Hennaed my hair for the first time on saturday and my hair seems to have grown almost a centimeter in one week. Not sure if it is the henna or the deep conditioner..!
It could also be a mistake so il check again next week.

You will reach there soon Dark40... guess we are in this together 😀

Ylva
February 5th, 2019, 04:49 PM
It's possible that I'm just going nuts, but in the shower it seemed like my dripping wet hair was hovering just about 2 cm above BCL. This kind of stuff always seems to happen when I go just a short while without measuring my hair (I don't use a tape measure but just check against my body). If that's true, I'll surely reach BCL in the summer, just like I planned - as long as I don't go on any sort of crazy trimming spree, of course.

Dark40
February 5th, 2019, 08:07 PM
priinnz, Ye,s please keep continuing to come here for motivation. You henned your hair? Ok, cool. Yeah, it might be both the henna and the deep conditioner making your hair grow faster. I'm not experienced with that. I've never used henna on my hair before. Because, my hair is processed/relaxed. Yes, please do check and measure again. It might be a mistake.

Yes, I know that I will get there someday soon sweetie.....Yes, we are definitely in this together :D

Yiva, Congratulations on your new milestone! :) I knew you would make it there again someday. No, I don't think you're going nuts. I believe you will make it to BCL this summer just like you've planned! Yeah, don't get scissor-happy. I'm staying away from he scissors until summer or next fall.

Rosy blossom
February 6th, 2019, 04:17 AM
Yes lucky to be close to my goal. I am so glad I am here it keeps me motivated. I Hennaed my hair for the first time on saturday and my hair seems to have grown almost a centimeter in one week. Not sure if it is the henna or the deep conditioner..!
It could also be a mistake so il check again next week.

You will reach there soon Dark40... guess we are in this together 😀

I hennaed my hair recently as well and I too have noticed a slight growth. My hair usually shrinks around BSL even though it's mid back length, and when wet it's touching waist. Recently though it visibly seems at mid back length.

priinnz
February 6th, 2019, 01:11 PM
It's possible that I'm just going nuts, but in the shower it seemed like my dripping wet hair was hovering just about 2 cm above BCL. This kind of stuff always seems to happen when I go just a short while without measuring my hair (I don't use a tape measure but just check against my body). If that's true, I'll surely reach BCL in the summer, just like I planned - as long as I don't go on any sort of crazy trimming spree, of course.
I know right. My hair makes me so happy in the shower. it feels so long and sleek.. hahahah.

priinnz, Ye,s please keep continuing to come here for motivation. You henned your hair? Ok, cool. Yeah, it might be both the henna and the deep conditioner making your hair grow faster. I'm not experienced with that. I've never used henna on my hair before. Because, my hair is processed/relaxed. Yes, please do check and measure again. It might be a mistake.

Yes I read so many positive things about henna's conditioning and strengthening properties, I though of giving it a try. I think it has definitely added some weight to my fine-ish hair. My mum also suggested that henna may have weighed my hair down and made it straighter, therefore seemingly longer. Who knows, I am rather bad at measuring and usually go by the feel.

priinnz
February 6th, 2019, 01:13 PM
I hennaed my hair recently as well and I too have noticed a slight growth. My hair usually shrinks around BSL even though it's mid back length, and when wet it's touching waist. Recently though it visibly seems at mid back length.

Oh great Rosy blossom. Then its probably not just fluke for me. Are you doing full head applications or a gloss? do you feel a change in weight/thickness too?

Dark40
February 6th, 2019, 05:11 PM
I know right. My hair makes me so happy in the shower. it feels so long and sleek.. hahahah.

Yes I read so many positive things about henna's conditioning and strengthening properties, I though of giving it a try. I think it has definitely added some weight to my fine-ish hair. My mum also suggested that henna may have weighed my hair down and made it straighter, therefore seemingly longer. Who knows, I am rather bad at measuring and usually go by the feel.

Yes I've also heard of he positive hing about heena's conditioning and strengthening properties as well. I really wish that I can use it instead of box dye but I can't. :( Your mum might be right that henna may have weighed your hair down and made it straighter, therefore seemingly longer. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about measuring too. I'm not good at it either. I just go with what I feel too.

priinnz
February 6th, 2019, 06:16 PM
Yes I've also heard of he positive hing about heena's conditioning and strengthening properties as well. I really wish that I can use it instead of box dye but I can't. :( Your mum might be right that henna may have weighed your hair down and made it straighter, therefore seemingly longer. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about measuring too. I'm not good at it either. I just go with what I feel too.

Why can't you use henna or relaxed hair Dark40? sorry I don't know much about this but when I was searching about it most people said it did wonders for their bleach damaged hair too.

ETA: Actually reading your post, I got curious and searched a bit and came across this site: http://growafricanhairlong.blogspot.com/2012/04/is-henna-safe-for-coloring-chemically.html
perhaps it will answer some of your questions for henna on relaxed hair. good luck

Dark40
February 6th, 2019, 08:58 PM
Why can't you use henna or relaxed hair Dark40? sorry I don't know much about this but when I was searching about it most people said it did wonders for their bleach damaged hair too.

ETA: Actually reading your post, I got curious and searched a bit and came across this site: http://growafricanhairlong.blogspot.com/2012/04/is-henna-safe-for-coloring-chemically.html
perhaps it will answer some of your questions for henna on relaxed hair. good luck

Thank you priinnz for the article! For many years I've always thought that henna couldn't be used on relaxed hair. I guess I was going by the old metalic hennas couldn't be used on relaxed hair. Now, I know. Interesting article! Thank you again! And, thanks for the good luck

priinnz
February 7th, 2019, 03:56 AM
It was my pleasure. Hope it helps you. I believe sourcing pure henna would be easy in the US. There are several threads discussing where and where not to buy henna from. If it can help you get away from box dyes it might be worth the trouble.

Dark40
February 7th, 2019, 12:37 PM
Yes it does help me thanks again. I was hoping that sourcing pure henna would be easy in the US. Oh, ok cool. I will definitely check out those threads that discusses on where and where not to buy henna from. Oh yes, I would love do anything to get away from box dyes.

Ylva
February 7th, 2019, 12:39 PM
I measured my hair against my body again last night and even with dry hair stretched it seemed like I was 2-3 cm away from BCL. Can't believe it! O__O

Dark40
February 7th, 2019, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Yiva on getting close to BCL! :) I'm so happy for you! I bet you can't believe it. I can't believe it either! You hair is growing really fast! :D

Ylva
February 7th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Congratulations Yiva on getting close to BCL! :) I'm so happy for you! I bet you can't believe it. I can't believe it either! You hair is growing really fast! :D

Thank you! Yeah, my hairdresser must have taken off less than I requested. Which I don't mind, it was just a smaller microtrim than I planned.

priinnz
February 7th, 2019, 05:25 PM
I measured my hair against my body again last night and even with dry hair stretched it seemed like I was 2-3 cm away from BCL. Can't believe it! O__O

wow getting there soon..:happydance:

Ylva
February 8th, 2019, 07:08 AM
wow getting there soon..:happydance:

Yeah, as long as I remember to not constantly measure my hair. :) Growth always happens so fast even if I just go two weeks without obsessing about it!

Rosy blossom
February 8th, 2019, 12:45 PM
Oh great Rosy blossom. Then its probably not just fluke for me. Are you doing full head applications or a gloss? do you feel a change in weight/thickness too?

Hi priinnz, I did the full head application. I definately felt the difference in my hair, each strand did feel slightly more thicker than before, and my roots felt a lot stronger too! I love the feeling of running my hands through my hair and actually feeling good amount of hair all over, instead of just fly away cotton candy type hair (which is what I have) looking frizzy. I give the credit to henna as well as the oils I'm using.

priinnz
February 10th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Hi priinnz, I did the full head application. I definately felt the difference in my hair, each strand did feel slightly more thicker than before, and my roots felt a lot stronger too! I love the feeling of running my hands through my hair and actually feeling good amount of hair all over, instead of just fly away cotton candy type hair (which is what I have) looking frizzy. I give the credit to henna as well as the oils I'm using.

Thanks for your reply. That’s great to know. I am actually looking forward to my next henna
Treatment which I am planning to do the weekend after this one. The whole wait is a pain but worth the trouble I believe

priinnz
March 7th, 2019, 01:31 PM
Self-trimmed approximately and inch off so my hair is back to January length :(. However ends look healthier and my braid tassels don't have the weird spiral like some scared critters tail any more.

Hoping I recover this lost length soon.

Dark40
March 7th, 2019, 04:33 PM
priinnz, Yeah, I know the feeling of having setbacks. :( At least your ends look healthier and your braid tassels don't have the weird spiral like some scared critters tail any more.

Don't worry you'll recover this lost length soon. Before you know it you'll be saying in a couple of months that you're at BCL. :)

Blaithin
March 7th, 2019, 08:32 PM
So I posted on the waist to hip thread but there’s opinions that I’m already mighty close/at hip length. Soooo, I came over here. BCL is about the same as TBL for me and measuring is putting me about 8” from there. I don’t think my hair grows that fast so I’m not sure I’ll make it by Christmas, but I’m going to hang out and grow with everyone here anyway!

Dark40
March 7th, 2019, 08:45 PM
Blaithin, hello and welcome! :) Yes, you are more than welcome to join us and grow with us! Congratulations on being close/at hip length! At least you've made another milestone. BCL is also the same as TBL on me too. My hair grows an inch a month. It grows very fast!

Ylva
March 7th, 2019, 11:51 PM
I am practically at BCL, but I have decided to do another big chop on the 19th of this month to get rid of a whole bunch of old damage (a year's worth of growth or a bit more even). I feel very excited about having made that decision and can't wait for my new, thick ends. There's still more damage to get rid of after that before my hair is fully healthy, but after this chop, I should be able to chill out with the cutting for a while, just doing microtrimming. We'll see. I might not reach BCL again this year, but if I don't, I should at least be very close. :)

Joules
March 8th, 2019, 06:23 AM
Ylva, good luck! Chopping off old damage is a great decision for your hair in the long run :)

I'm already almost at BCL! Might reach it stretched by April 1st. I'll still wait until May to call it, just to be sure. I can't wait, honestly :cheese:

Ylva
March 8th, 2019, 10:02 AM
Ylva, good luck! Chopping off old damage is a great decision for your hair in the long run :)

I'm already almost at BCL! Might reach it stretched by April 1st. I'll still wait until May to call it, just to be sure. I can't wait, honestly :cheese:

Thank you! :) Yes, I decided I would get rid of most of it before continuing much past TBL, so even though it's sad to part with a lot of length, in the end it doesn't matter when I get rid of the damage, because it must come off sooner or later anyway.

That's very exciting! Have fun in the butt zone!

Dark40
March 9th, 2019, 08:54 PM
I am practically at BCL, but I have decided to do another big chop on the 19th of this month to get rid of a whole bunch of old damage (a year's worth of growth or a bit more even). I feel very excited about having made that decision and can't wait for my new, thick ends. There's still more damage to get rid of after that before my hair is fully healthy, but after this chop, I should be able to chill out with the cutting for a while, just doing microtrimming. We'll see. I might not reach BCL again this year, but if I don't, I should at least be very close. :)

It's a good thing that you are chopping off all the old damage. I agree with Joules. :) Well, at least even after chopping it all off you will still be close to BCL. I'm hoping to make ti by the end of this year. Or, at least be close to it. Sometimes it looks like my hair goes through stalls or resting phases. But I at least know that it's growing though. My hair grows a half an inch a month. So, I'm hoping I will get there by the end of the year.

Ylva
March 17th, 2019, 05:03 PM
Okay, I measured my hair against my body and I am definitely at BCL now. So I'll just call it in this thread unofficially, but won't change my stats, because Tuesday is big chop day. :) I'm both excited and scared!

Dark40
March 17th, 2019, 08:25 PM
Yiva, congratulations on reaching your new milestone! :) What??? How much are you planning on getting chopped off on Tuesday?

Ylva
March 17th, 2019, 08:28 PM
Yiva, congratulations on reaching your new milestone! :) What??? How much are you planning on getting chopped off on Tuesday?

Thank you! :) Weeeeeeell, I don't quite know myself where I will land, so it just remains to be seen. :D

Dark40
March 18th, 2019, 05:18 PM
Thank you! :) Weeeeeeell, I don't quite know myself where I will land, so it just remains to be seen. :D

You're welcome! :) Ohhhhhhh, ok :D

Ylva
March 19th, 2019, 03:33 PM
Cross-posting a bit but yeah. I landed at hip or a couple of cms below, so reaching BCL again this year isn't impossible I guess.

https://i.ibb.co/JxR9wqj/hiukset1903199.jpg

Dark40
March 19th, 2019, 03:37 PM
Yiva, Wow! That is a nice length to be at right now!:) Yes, it could be possible to reach BCL again this year. Your ends look great!

Ylva
March 19th, 2019, 03:38 PM
Yiva, Wow! That is a nice length to be at right now!:) Yes, it could be possible to reach BCL again this year. Your ends look great!

Thank you! :)

Dark40
March 19th, 2019, 03:39 PM
Thank you! :)

You're welcome! :)

Ylva
July 31st, 2019, 03:30 AM
A little bumpedydoo for this thread!

I tried to stretch-measure my hair before washing it a couple of hours ago and I'm quite confused now. It seemed like I am just a few cm (maybe 5) away from BCL again, but my previous check-ups have yielded very different results, based on which I didn't think I'd reach BCL anymore this year but perhaps in the spring or something like that.

In photos it varies a lot how my length looks. My hair has been acting like that ever since I got rid of my fairytale ends. My ends have been so oddly "floaty" since then that it's hard to see the actual length. I'll take a proper length shot after my hairdresser appointment (the 12th of August) since she blowdries my hair straight and flat.

Ylva
August 12th, 2019, 06:06 PM
So, I had a ~1 cm trim today and this is my current length.

https://i.ibb.co/z2CwyJk/hiukset120819.jpg

I suppose it's still possible for me to reach BCL again by the end of the year. Also, I think I'll change my length stat to HL+.

Dark40
August 12th, 2019, 06:19 PM
A little bumpedydoo for this thread!

I tried to stretch-measure my hair before washing it a couple of hours ago and I'm quite confused now. It seemed like I am just a few cm (maybe 5) away from BCL again, but my previous check-ups have yielded very different results, based on which I didn't think I'd reach BCL anymore this year but perhaps in the spring or something like that.

In photos it varies a lot how my length looks. My hair has been acting like that ever since I got rid of my fairytale ends. My ends have been so oddly "floaty" since then that it's hard to see the actual length. I'll take a proper length shot after my hairdresser appointment (the 12th of August) since she blowdries my hair straight and flat.

Yes, I also think your'e about 5 cm away from being a BCL too. I think you'll make it there at the end of the year. I know it is confusing of what your hair length is after a fresh wash.

Dark40
August 12th, 2019, 06:21 PM
So, I had a ~1 cm trim today and this is my current length.

https://i.ibb.co/z2CwyJk/hiukset120819.jpg

I suppose it's still possible for me to reach BCL again by the end of the year. Also, I think I'll change my length stat to HL+.

Yes, I would also say that you are still in the HL+ stage too. BTW, your hair looks really nice! :) I haven't gotten my hair done at a salon in 4 years!

priinnz
August 18th, 2019, 10:33 PM
Sorry, I have been away for a while. But just popped in to say I am BCL now. at least my longest fairy tale ends are.
Pic coming soon.

Dark40
August 19th, 2019, 02:39 PM
Welcome back priinnz! :) Congratulations on your new milestone! So, you've made it before Christmas! I'm so happy for you.

Groovy Granny
August 19th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Sorry, I have been away for a while. But just popped in to say I am BCL now. at least my longest fairy tale ends are.
Pic coming soon.

Welcome back ~ good to see you :waving:

Congrats :applause:

By your stats it looks like you are maintaining at BCL :eye:

priinnz
August 21st, 2019, 05:36 PM
Thank you Dark40 and Groovy Granny.

Yes I am going to try and maintain at BCL with microtrimming/ dusting to thicken my ends, but I am not sure how long will I be able to keep up with it.

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant (which is actually the reason why I have been away) and dreading the post partum shed. So I may have to cut off a bit more after the baby, but keeping fingers crossed that I don't have too much shedding.

Dark40
August 21st, 2019, 05:44 PM
Thank you Dark40 and Groovy Granny.

Yes I am going to try and maintain at BCL with microtrimming/ dusting to thicken my ends, but I am not sure how long will I be able to keep up with it.

I am currently 28 weeks pregnant (which is actually the reason why I have been away) and dreading the post partum shed. So I may have to cut off a bit more after the baby, but keeping fingers crossed that I don't have too much shedding.

Youj are quite welcome! BCL is a nice length to maintain at! Yes, continue to microtrim/ dusting to thicken your ends. I hope you'll be able to keep up with it. I think you will.

Congratulations on your pregnacy! Yeah, I have heard from many people saying that you shed a lot of go through a lot of hair loss after the baby is born. Don't worry. You may not have to cut back at all. Just let your hair shed if it does.

Ylva
September 12th, 2019, 10:57 AM
Yes, I would also say that you are still in the HL+ stage too. BTW, your hair looks really nice! :) I haven't gotten my hair done at a salon in 4 years!

Only saw this post now, sorry! Thank you, Dark40! :) 4 years is a long time - I hope I will one day have gone 4 years without a visit to the hairdresser, too.

Dark40
September 12th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Only saw this post now, sorry! Thank you, Dark40! :) 4 years is a long time - I hope I will one day have gone 4 years without a visit to the hairdresser, too.

Ok, that's okay for the late reply. :) You're welcome, Yiva! Yes, I know 4 years is a long time to be away from the hairdresser. I bet you do hope you will one day have gone 4 years without a visit to the hairdresser, too. The reason why I haven't been is because I'm living on a budget, and it gets so darn expensive to go to the salon these days but I always do like to go have myself pampered at the hairdresser though sometimes. I haven't been back to a hairdresser since I had my last, "Silk Press." That was when my hair was 4 months post relaxed.

Ylva
September 13th, 2019, 01:42 PM
Ok, that's okay for the late reply. :) You're welcome, Yiva! Yes, I know 4 years is a long time to be away from the hairdresser. I bet you do hope you will one day have gone 4 years without a visit to the hairdresser, too. The reason why I haven't been is because I'm living on a budget, and it gets so darn expensive to go to the salon these days but I always do like to go have myself pampered at the hairdresser though sometimes. I haven't been back to a hairdresser since I had my last, "Silk Press." That was when my hair was 4 months post relaxed.

Yeah, the financial burden of going to the hairdresser was definitely a major reason for me to start doing it less, too. As a student, I simply can't afford to get my roots done every 6 weeks - the costs add up to two months of rent in a year or so.

Dark40
September 14th, 2019, 12:18 PM
Yeah, the financial burden of going to the hairdresser was definitely a major reason for me to start doing it less, too. As a student, I simply can't afford to get my roots done every 6 weeks - the costs add up to two months of rent in a year or so.

Yeah, I know whatcha mean....I can understand how that it being a burden to you as student. I had said if and whenever I decide to go to a hairdresser I'll go to a beauty school to get my hair done. Rather than an actual salon. The beauty schools are much more cheaper than going to a salon. Yeah, and you have to go every 6 weeks. That's a bummer. That's why I've decided to do my own hair blonde with only just haircolor and not with bleach but I know with how fast my hair grows I will probably have to color my hair every 6 weeks too. I know a good beauty school in my area that charges only $25 or $30 for Shampooing, Conditioning, Blow-drying and flat-ironing I think.

lapushka
September 14th, 2019, 03:12 PM

They can ask a lot for a color job! :( I mean; like 150 euro, plus wash & blow-out.

Dark40
September 14th, 2019, 03:59 PM
They can ask a lot for a color job! :( I mean; like 150 euro, plus wash & blow-out.

Hey lapushka, I've just seen on a price list that for a color job is 65 dollars, and a double processing coloring job is 90 dollars, and the wash & style is 60 dollars, and the blowout alone is 55 dollars.

Ylva
October 5th, 2019, 02:12 PM
I tried to measure my hair against my body today when it was brushed straight and it seems like I have about 2 cm to go until BCL. I should be able to make it there by Yule. I just hope it won't thin out too much - when I washed my hair just now, I clogged the drain with my sheds and nearly flooded the shower room. Luckily, the water didn't touch the wooden parts at the door.

Dark40
October 5th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Yiva, congratulations on your new milestone! :) I'm sure you will be there by Yule. Yeah, I know what you mean about clogging up the drain from all of your sheds.:lol: I don't think that it will thin out that much. I also hope that the water didn't touch the wooden parts at the door too.

Ylva
October 6th, 2019, 05:44 AM
Yiva, congratulations on your new milestone! :) I'm sure you will be there by Yule. Yeah, I know what you mean about clogging up the drain from all of your sheds.:lol: I don't think that it will thin out that much. I also hope that the water didn't touch the wooden parts at the door too.

Don't congratulate me yet, I haven't graduated quite yet! :)

I'm currently doing a half-assed inversion method week (just every other day before a wash), so I hope to get a tiny little growth spurt all the while my hair is falling off in super speed. I have gotten pretty decent results from inverted massages in the past so we'll see. I just read through this thread again and I seem to have reached BCL the first time this year in mid-March, and before that, I was 2-3 cm away in early February, like I am now. Weird way to calculate, I know, but it helps put things in context somehow.

Dark40
October 11th, 2019, 02:50 PM
Don't congratulate me yet, I haven't graduated quite yet! :)

I'm currently doing a half-assed inversion method week (just every other day before a wash), so I hope to get a tiny little growth spurt all the while my hair is falling off in super speed. I have gotten pretty decent results from inverted massages in the past so we'll see. I just read through this thread again and I seem to have reached BCL the first time this year in mid-March, and before that, I was 2-3 cm away in early February, like I am now. Weird way to calculate, I know, but it helps put things in context somehow.

Ok.....LOL :)

Don't worry.....you'll be there before you know it. You are already close! Yes, I've also been hearing a lot of the inversion method on here, and on youtube. I haven't done it in a year. When I do it I do it by massaging a little oil into my scalp as I'm doing the inversion method, and I only do it for 5 minutes. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about we'll see what happens. You make me now want to get back into doing it. :) Oh yeah, I do remember when you hit BCL a year ago in mid-March, and before than in February. I'm sure if you were able to do it back then you can do it again this year! :cheer:

MadelineMomo
October 11th, 2019, 07:26 PM
Does "BCL by Christmas 2019" mean when it's wet or dry?

Ylva
October 12th, 2019, 11:38 AM
Ok.....LOL :)

Don't worry.....you'll be there before you know it. You are already close! Yes, I've also been hearing a lot of the inversion method on here, and on youtube. I haven't done it in a year. When I do it I do it by massaging a little oil into my scalp as I'm doing the inversion method, and I only do it for 5 minutes. Yeah, I know whatcha mean about we'll see what happens. You make me now want to get back into doing it. :) Oh yeah, I do remember when you hit BCL a year ago in mid-March, and before than in February. I'm sure if you were able to do it back then you can do it again this year! :cheer:

Maybe you should give it a shot again. It could give your growth a little boost. :) My inversion week has now come to an end and I'm not sure if it caused a growth spurt or not. It's so hard to measure now that I don't have clear root regrowth.

Does "BCL by Christmas 2019" mean when it's wet or dry?

It's up to each individual how they decide to call their milestones. Some might call stretched, others call curly, some wet and some dry.

Dark40
October 13th, 2019, 09:06 PM
Maybe you should give it a shot again. It could give your growth a little boost. :) My inversion week has now come to an end and I'm not sure if it caused a growth spurt or not. It's so hard to measure now that I don't have clear root regrowth.

It's up to each individual how they decide to call their milestones. Some might call stretched, others call curly, some wet and some dry.

Yes, I'm seriously considering giving it a shot again. You could be right. It could give my growth a little boost. :) Awwww, I'm sure that you are disappointed that your inversion method week has ended. I didn't know that you've been doing it for a week now! That's great. Oh, I bet it is hard to measure it. Because, you don't have clear root regrowth. I'm hoping that you are going through a growth spurt after your week of inversion method. I also need to do something to boost or speed up my hair growth too! Because, I'm really sick and tired of still seeing my hair length at 2 inches below WL. I really need to make some new progress or to make a new milestone now.

Ylva
October 14th, 2019, 05:59 AM
https://i.ibb.co/7GPR4SB/waytobcl.jpg

Here's a little milestone journey pic. Hands indicate hip and BCL. The waves probably eat up a cm or two. Looking at this, I'm not too sure if I will make it, but I am not cutting for the rest of the year so it just remains to be seen.

Yes, I'm seriously considering giving it a shot again. You could be right. It could give my growth a little boost. :) Awwww, I'm sure that you are disappointed that your inversion method week has ended. I didn't know that you've been doing it for a week now! That's great. Oh, I bet it is hard to measure it. Because, you don't have clear root regrowth. I'm hoping that you are going through a growth spurt after your week of inversion method. I also need to do something to boost or speed up my hair growth too! Because, I'm really sick and tired of still seeing my hair length at 2 inches below WL. I really need to make some new progress or to make a new milestone now.

Good luck if you choose to try something and hopefully you'll gain some length again soon! But I'm sure you will reach your milestones in time anyway. :)

Dark40
October 14th, 2019, 04:19 PM
https://i.ibb.co/7GPR4SB/waytobcl.jpg

Here's a little milestone journey pic. Hands indicate hip and BCL. The waves probably eat up a cm or two. Looking at this, I'm not too sure if I will make it, but I am not cutting for the rest of the year so it just remains to be seen.

Good luck if you choose to try something and hopefully you'll gain some length again soon! But I'm sure you will reach your milestones in time anyway. :)

Yeah, it looks like hip and BCL to me. I also think the waves are eating up a cm or two too. Don't worry. You'll make it there in now time. :) Especially, if there won't anymore cutting for the rest of the year. Thank you. Good luck to you too! Yes, I have a good feeling that once I get back into doing the inversion method again I will start to gain some length again! I thank you so much for your encouragement on me reaching my milestones in time. :)

Ylva
October 24th, 2019, 04:58 PM
Holding a bit of my hair straight up, I tried to measure my regrowth up to where the highlights start. It was around 3.5 cm. Considering that my hairdresser left around 0.5 cm of roots when she did the highlights, that means my hair has grown around 3 cm in just over 2 months. It seems that my inversion week did do something as that's definitely more than my usual 1-1.20 cm per month. I don't feel like I'm any closer to BCL, though. :shrug: I should just forget about my hair until the end of the year at least.

Dark40
October 27th, 2019, 08:48 PM
Yes, that does sound like you've gained a lot of new growth within the week's inversion method...3 cm in just over 2 months. I also did my week's inversion method month too but I haven't measured yet. I'm not good at measuring. I'm not no where near BCL either. I don't think it's doable for me at the end of the year. :( That was just wishful thinking, and since I suffered a stall of slow growth this year that's why I feel that I won't make it this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Ylva
October 29th, 2019, 02:04 PM
Yes, that does sound like you've gained a lot of new growth within the week's inversion method...3 cm in just over 2 months. I also did my week's inversion method month too but I haven't measured yet. I'm not good at measuring. I'm not no where near BCL either. I don't think it's doable for me at the end of the year. :( That was just wishful thinking, and since I suffered a stall of slow growth this year that's why I feel that I won't make it this year. Oh well, maybe next year.

Don't worry. You might get a growth spurt when it gets warmer again.

Are you sure your growth is stalled and you're not suffering breakage at the ends instead?

Dark40
October 29th, 2019, 05:45 PM
Don't worry. You might get a growth spurt when it gets warmer again.

Are you sure your growth is stalled and you're not suffering breakage at the ends instead?

Thank you for the encouragement! Oh, I'm going through a growth spurt right now. No, my ends are not breaking off.

I was suffering a stall sometime back in the spring of this year. My hair is growing much faster now. Because, as you know I straighten
or relax my hair. So, now I've got a lot of new growth! I don't know how much. Because, I haven't measured my roots but my hair is thicker
at the roots! But I only straighten or relax my hair twice a year. I used to do it 3 times a year but as time went on my hair got used to being
stretched from 3 or 4 months. Then, 6 months....and now It wait to be relaxed every 6 months now! YAY :joy:

Ylva
December 12th, 2019, 01:16 PM
We're soon halfway through December. I'm maybe less than 2 cm away from BCL and I'll be having a trim around Yule, so at this point, I'll have to say that I am not going to reach BCL anymore this year. But soon, soon! :)

Krissycats
December 14th, 2019, 11:15 PM
I made it! I didn’t think I would.

Ylva
December 15th, 2019, 08:32 AM
I made it! I didn’t think I would.

Congratulations! Do we get to see a pic of your gorgeous hair? :popcorn:

Corvana
December 23rd, 2019, 01:13 AM
:cheer: BCL stretched! Not while wavy, but whatever! Still hit BCL! I think it was a couple weeks ago maybe? I haven't been keeping track :laugh:

Joules
December 23rd, 2019, 02:58 AM
I guess I could say I made it too? I reached and even surpassed BCL before chopping it back to waist last month, so yeah.

Ylva
December 23rd, 2019, 04:03 AM
Congrats, Corvana!

I think I'll also count myself successful since I reached BCL (for the ??th time) in the spring before chopping.

Now it just feels like it's taking forever to get there. I swear I'm never cutting above TBL ever again. :rollin:

Tinyponies
December 23rd, 2019, 04:11 AM
Congrats on making BCL you guys :blossom: :cheer:

Corvana
December 23rd, 2019, 02:46 PM
Congrats, Corvana!

I think I'll also count myself successful since I reached BCL (for the ??th time) in the spring before chopping.

Now it just feels like it's taking forever to get there. I swear I'm never cutting above TBL ever again. :rollin:

:laugh: Honestly I'll probably join you in that boat! BCL is nice, and I don't miss any shorter lengths like at all! I'm not eager to go back even a little, and I hope if I need to cut back I remember how much nicer everything got here!

Dark40
December 24th, 2019, 10:32 AM
Congratulations on making it to BCL Corvana and Joules! :blossom: :cheer: