PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions..

lolabee
November 2nd, 2008, 08:32 PM
Hello!
I have two questions... Hopefully you can help me...

1) I'm trying to sleep with 2 english braids pinned around my head and then a silk scarf wrapped a\round my head... To avoid breakage. right? But every morning, I wake up and the braids are topsy turvy on my head and the scarf is no where to be found... Whyyyy? What should I do???

2) Im doing the updo challenge. Its super fun and everything and Im learning tons of new hair styles. Problem though... Im getting these dull headaches at the end of every single day, I really think its because of the constant pull of my hair... I guess... Any advice??

Thank you sooo much for any and all advice!
xxxxxxxxxxx

ladyshannonanne
November 2nd, 2008, 09:03 PM
1) I'd find a different nighttime style. I totally agree that you should look for a style that will prevent breakage while you sleep. Have you considered a scrunchie bun? What about a single English braid, but don't worry about wrapping it around your head? Also, instead of a scarf, try a satin pillowcase--much easier to keep track of.

2) Advil. Hee hee. Just kidding. Sorry, my hair's too short to give me headaches at this point. I've heard some members talk about a "sweet spot" to fix their styles where they don't get headaches. Just experiment putting the styles on different places on your head.

Lady Jane
November 2nd, 2008, 09:45 PM
I sleep in two braids (English, I guess) that I part in the back and braid toward the ends. I can't sleep on anything lumpy, as it drives me nuts. I get headaches too. I usually end up taking down fancy styles and putting it up in the old standby - the big hair clip. That style doesn't seem to bother me, maybe because I'm used to it. Oh, I got a satin pillowcase too and that has really helped me stop worrying about damage.