PDA

View Full Version : Who takes pictures of your hair? What camera do you use?

esfand
August 29th, 2018, 03:49 PM
All I have is an old phone and I am too shy to ask anyone to take pictures of my hair. How about you? Do you ask friends/family to take pictures for you and how do you explain it to them?

MusicalSpoons
August 29th, 2018, 04:04 PM
This thread might interest you: https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121154

I usually ask my Mum or occasionally my brother, using either my phone (terrible unless in the right light) or our several-year-old digital camera. I sort of just introduced the idea gradually of wondering how long exactly my hair was, and wondering what it does when left to dry by itself, which kinda naturally led to asking for the occasional length photo, once in a while. (Actually the last time was my Mum's idea, to send to my sister!)

ETA: I take loads of photos of styles myself, using my phone. But for full-length, I certainly need someone else.

Red.
August 29th, 2018, 04:17 PM
I ask my mom to take them for me. And I take them on an old iPhone. :p She knows I like to keep track of my hair so it’s not too weird. You could just say that you’re tracking how fast your hair grows/the length of your hair over time.

Groovy Granny
August 29th, 2018, 04:28 PM
I am on my own....hubby has no interest in helping...I found out 5 years ago :lol:
Thankfully he does like my hair and is always supportive of my styles and humble hair toy collection otherwise :p

So I take very few myself because I have poor lighting, and old camera, and hand tremors.

My my only option is the bathroom mirror .....on a good/bright day...along with some good luck ;)

And just length shots....no hair toy or style shots because I cannot get close/clear enough.

C'est la vie :shrug: :lol:

Aredhel
August 29th, 2018, 04:53 PM
Fiance does with my phone. :p

CopperButterfly
August 29th, 2018, 06:34 PM
I use my phone and set it up on top of a chest high book shelf. I set it to do a 10 second delay and take 3 pictures. I can get a decent length shot that way.

For styles I'll either use my phone just holding it behind my head and guessing, or over shoulder shots in the mirror.

lemonlife
August 29th, 2018, 06:42 PM
I struggle with my iPhone. I take as many photos as I'm able, and hope one of them makes it worthwhile. LOL
I want to get a proper camera & tripod for other reasons & would certainly use that if I ever got one.

Garnetgem
August 29th, 2018, 06:48 PM
I tend to take my own with a timer on my camera (10 seconds) it can take a few times before you can get it right,i have a tripod but rarely bother to use it,i maybe use a counter or an item of furniture to place the camera,even place a few books or cds to put the camera on to get the right height lol,even in the same light a few photos can be either darker or lighter but i adjust lighting on my camera,been using the same one for 8 years now to be honest its the best camera i have ever had so hope it lasts..

before digital times my mum used to take them for me as old cameras had no timer!

*Wednesday*
August 29th, 2018, 07:19 PM
My youngest son is my pic taker. He will be 15. Sometimes I do on my own.

trolleypup
August 29th, 2018, 11:03 PM
I take the pictures. I use several cameras, all of which are equipped with remotes, including the current #1 point and shoot which will work with my phone wirelessly so I can see what the camera sees.

neko_kawaii
August 29th, 2018, 11:11 PM
I use the built in timer on tablet or SLR. I found that my back porch is a good height for length shots and if I stand next to the tree I can focus on that and have less of a chance of blur. I still have to take multiple pictures at times. For close ups, I found a spot I can brace the SLR, aim at my head and then face as much away as possible then push the button, but if I hadn’t found that, I probably would have found a place to set a camera and use the timer.

Many people use bookshelves.

Lighting is very important! I’d start by looking for good light, and then figure out where you can place a camera and use the timer.

deeisme
August 29th, 2018, 11:38 PM
My husband or my daughter take my photos with my phone.

lakhesis
August 30th, 2018, 02:18 AM
Me or my boyfriend, using iPhone's camera :)

Hexen
August 30th, 2018, 02:51 AM
Um............. ok. Maybe hair, and or the loss of, isnt the biggest THANG to be concerned with :) :disgust: :bigeyes: :disbelief:bluebiggr:grnbiggri:redgrin:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7anwNC1iArc

Stray_mind
August 30th, 2018, 03:58 AM
I take my pics myself, using my phone or my old photocamera with the timer hahaha.

Carolyn
August 30th, 2018, 05:28 AM
I take most of them myself. I take them in my bathroom mirror and edit out what I don't want people to see. I have one friend who will take pics and whenever I get a salon trim I always ask the stylist to take a few pics. The mirror pics take practice but I just delete all the fails which is a lot.

illicitlizard
August 30th, 2018, 06:17 AM
If I want a proper pic of the back, just set up my phone by leaning it on something and either use voice commands or the 10sec timer to shoot. IDK where I'd be without my smartphone sometimes...

Aredhel
August 30th, 2018, 06:40 AM
I take the pictures. I use several cameras, all of which are equipped with remotes, including the current #1 point and shoot which will work with my phone wirelessly so I can see what the camera sees.

How on earth do you get it to do that? That would be so convenient!

Sora Rose
August 30th, 2018, 07:50 AM
My mom takes my photos for me, though she might not fully understand how much of me I want in the picture for length references. She seems happy to do it, at any rate.

lithostoic
August 30th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I do it myself with my crappy phone camera. I don't post many pics.

trolleypup
August 30th, 2018, 11:49 PM
How on earth do you get it to do that? That would be so convenient!
It is a Nikon AW110. There are a fair number of point and shoots out there that will connect wirelessly with app equipped phones for remote viewing and control.

Natalia_A00
September 4th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I always ask my father! He has a good smartphone (not like mine, lol) with a great camera