PDA

View Full Version : Eco friendly hair care?!

TwilightMermaid
August 28th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Hi so I was wondering if anyone has any experience in Eco friendly hair care where the ingredients and packaging are friendly on the environment. I've tried water only and loved it before but now that I've moved I find that the water is too hard. I've also tried no poo but I find that I get a lot of dandruff with acv rinses which is kind of ironic. Also I find it inconvenient having to travel no poo which I'm going to have to do this week. I can't bring acv on the plane or rice water. I love the idea of a shampoo bar but I just don't know how to deal with the dryness of curly hair. I also like how shampoo bars are self sustaining when it comes to waste they just go down the drain and cause way less marine ham than other products. I'm done with homemade hair mask unless they are avocado because my hair harbors fillets of anything I put in it even after rinsing, which causes my wooden brush to be built up with icky things, which means I can't use them as a conditioner. I'll probably go shampoo bar and oil treatments and flaxseed gel. I've finally realized that shampoo and conditioner is not "evil" after being brainwashed by the no poo community. I just find that using three bottles of product per month is wasteful and costs a lot of money. I also don't want to have dandruff 24/7. Im looking for something very benign neglect. Sorry for the long rant but if anyone has any comments or suggestions on what I should they would be much appreciated.😊

nycelle
August 28th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Here's a few few. Not sure if they'll match all your requirements, but they're natural, and the price is fair.
Not Your Mother's: Clean Freak line
Acure Organics
Love Beauty and Planet.

Reservechic
August 28th, 2018, 11:54 AM
CurlMix -is a fantastic line for curlies (that I currently use) that contains all natural products, the products have organic ingredients within them, they are also vegan, Eco-friendly, cruelty free, and made in the USA. They don't contain a cleanser or conditioner within their line at this time, but it is something that they will be looking into. I began using their Pure Flaxseed Gel and Avocado Moisturizer on my hair out of pure desperation, because so many other products had ended up failing me hair wise or causing irritation to my scalp.

This line is about the most purest line out there that I could find. Here's the website for it: curlmix.com
Here's a 20% discount code, in case you choose to buy from the line: Madcurls

Where I presently live at, the water is labeled as being moderate-hard, but, I totally feel without a doubt that it is very hard, in nature. I tried using shampoo bars, but I feel that they don't give me long-term satisfactory results, also, I use more water trying to completely rinse out all of the shampoo bar residue from my hair and scalp (and who knows if it ever 100% gets fully removed-even with all the rinsing), till I actually end up urging more water, than I'd definitely like. I have only used conditioner on my hair a few times after using a shampoo bar, and it didn't make my hair feel a whole lot softer. So, I would just skip that step and proceed with applying a very moisturizing hair styling cream, thereafter for curly hair. However, through extended usage, I eventually came to the realization that shampoo bars, weren't truly benefitting my hair and scalp best, even though I had gone into using such with very high hopes. Which is why, for me, I definitely had put using shampoo bars on the back burner. When it comes to ACV, my scalp is too sensitive for the pure kind to be regularly used on it at all, plus even when I have tried using hair care product with that ingredient in it, my scalp starts getting very, very agitated and I start experiencing lots of itchiness and more.

Also, even though I have a sensitive scalp, I have realized that just because a product is considered to be all natural doesn't mean that it possibly can't tear up ones scalp or ruin ones hair either. Because, I have definitely come across my share of such, just like I have with non all-all natural hair care products.

When it comes to washing ones hair, shampoo and conditioner works absolutely fine for some individuals, while for others, going the CG route happens to work best. As, there's no one set method that works best for everyone. Even though I happen to gave a medical scalp condition, I have flip-flopped back and forth between using conditioner and going the CG route. And, right now, I have gone back to going CG, only because, I've had issues the most with shampoo and not being truly compatible with both my hair and scalp's needs, and this includes medicated shampoos, sulfate free, and sulfate shampoo as well. My current haircare regimen consists of me using either cleansing conditioners or regular rinse out conditioners to cleanse my hair and using pure flaxseed girl to style with, or sometimes I will apply moisturizer first and then the flaxseed gel, when I need that extra boost of moisture. But, right now, the weather is very hot and humid, so I have been mainly sticking with one product to style my hair with only.

It definitely takes trial and error to see what works best for anyone's hair. Because, hair care products don't act 100% the same in anyone's hair, I can only say, that I wish you good luck with finding a shampoo and conditioner, or even possibly an actual cleansing conditioner (that there is no need for you to do do an ACV rinse afterwards). You can always follow up a cleansing conditioner with a deep conditioning, but it's not 100% necessary to do so at all. You can just use the cleansing conditioner to wash your hair with and get your hair clean in one step.

Whatever route you do choose to go from here on out, I truly hope that it ends up working fantastic for you, okay!

TwilightMermaid
August 28th, 2018, 02:04 PM
CurlMix -is a fantastic line for curlies (that I currently use) that contains all natural products, the products have organic ingredients within them, they are also vegan, Eco-friendly, cruelty free, and made in the USA. They don't contain a cleanser or conditioner within their line at this time, but it is something that they will be looking into. I began using their Pure Flaxseed Gel and Avocado Moisturizer on my hair out of pure desperation, because so many other products had ended up failing me hair wise or causing irritation to my scalp.

This line is about the most purest line out there that I could find. Here's the website for it: curlmix.com
Here's a 20% discount code, in case you choose to buy from the line: Madcurls

Where I presently live at, the water is labeled as being moderate-hard, but, I totally feel without a doubt that it is very hard, in nature. I tried using shampoo bars, but I feel that they don't give me long-term satisfactory results, also, I use more water trying to completely rinse out all of the shampoo bar residue from my hair and scalp (and who knows if it ever 100% gets fully removed-even with all the rinsing), till I actually end up urging more water, than I'd definitely like. I have only used conditioner on my hair a few times after using a shampoo bar, and it didn't make my hair feel a whole lot softer. So, I would just skip that step and proceed with applying a very moisturizing hair styling cream, thereafter for curly hair. However, through extended usage, I eventually came to the realization that shampoo bars, weren't truly benefitting my hair and scalp best, even though I had gone into using such with very high hopes. Which is why, for me, I definitely had put using shampoo bars on the back burner. When it comes to ACV, my scalp is too sensitive for the pure kind to be regularly used on it at all, plus even when I have tried using hair care product with that ingredient in it, my scalp starts getting very, very agitated and I start experiencing lots of itchiness and more.

Also, even though I have a sensitive scalp, I have realized that just because a product is considered to be all natural doesn't mean that it possibly can't tear up ones scalp or ruin ones hair either. Because, I have definitely come across my share of such, just like I have with non all-all natural hair care products.

When it comes to washing ones hair, shampoo and conditioner works absolutely fine for some individuals, while for others, going the CG route happens to work best. As, there's no one set method that works best for everyone. Even though I happen to gave a medical scalp condition, I have flip-flopped back and forth between using conditioner and going the CG route. And, right now, I have gone back to going CG, only because, I've had issues the most with shampoo and not being truly compatible with both my hair and scalp's needs, and this includes medicated shampoos, sulfate free, and sulfate shampoo as well. My current haircare regimen consists of me using either cleansing conditioners or regular rinse out conditioners to cleanse my hair and using pure flaxseed girl to style with, or sometimes I will apply moisturizer first and then the flaxseed gel, when I need that extra boost of moisture. But, right now, the weather is very hot and humid, so I have been mainly sticking with one product to style my hair with only.

It definitely takes trial and error to see what works best for anyone's hair. Because, hair care products don't act 100% the same in anyone's hair, I can only say, that I wish you good luck with finding a shampoo and conditioner, or even possibly an actual cleansing conditioner (that there is no need for you to do do an ACV rinse afterwards). You can always follow up a cleansing conditioner with a deep conditioning, but it's not 100% necessary to do so at all. You can just use the cleansing conditioner to wash your hair with and get your hair clean in one step.

Whatever route you do choose to go from here on out, I truly hope that it ends up working fantastic for you, okay!
Thank you so much! I've heard of curlmix before and I've been meaning to try it out.😀 Curly hair is always a trial! I think I'll see how shampoo bars work out for me. If they don't I'll just use shampoo and conditioner. Ill choose dandruff free hair over zero waste hair.

lapushka
August 28th, 2018, 03:15 PM
I don't know if they're eco-friendly, but they are sulfate-free:

Avalon Organics
Shea Moisture
Maui Moisture
HASK
Not your Mother's
V05's sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner

TwilightMermaid
August 28th, 2018, 06:45 PM
I don't know if they're eco-friendly, but they are sulfate-free:

Avalon Organics
Shea Moisture
Maui Moisture
HASK
Not your Mother's
V05's sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner
Thanks! Shea moisture has always been one of my favorites. My only issue is I watched a YouTube video from curlyproverbz about why she cancelled Maui Moisture. Apparently there is a chemical called DMDM Hydantoin which is a formaldehyde releaser meaning over time it slowly releases/ becomes formaldehyde. I had also bought a new face wash at this time and realized it had the chemical! I was really sad but was not going to waste it.

JennGalt
August 28th, 2018, 08:30 PM
Seconding the Shea Moisture suggestion. I have yet to try a product from them I didn’t like, and am also dealing with dry, frizz-prone, curly hair and hard water in an arid environment. I mostly stick to conditioners though, as my hair hates shampoo. I’ve also used Live Clean conditioners with great success, though I had to add almond oil to the coconut one. Live Clean conditioners tend to be a little lighter, but in terms of moisturizing and smoothing I would say their argan oil conditioner is comparable to most of the Shea Moisture conditioners I love. However, that one is protein free, so if your hair likes the protein in SM products like mine does, you’ll have to make sure there is protein elsewhere in your routine.

lapushka
August 29th, 2018, 06:01 AM
Thanks! Shea moisture has always been one of my favorites. My only issue is I watched a YouTube video from curlyproverbz about why she cancelled Maui Moisture. Apparently there is a chemical called DMDM Hydantoin which is a formaldehyde releaser meaning over time it slowly releases/ becomes formaldehyde. I had also bought a new face wash at this time and realized it had the chemical! I was really sad but was not going to waste it.

I think I have quite a few products with that ingredient in, and I'm sorry, but I am not going to throw them out based on that one ingredient. But that's me, everyone has to decide for themselves.

There's "scares" like this going around often, often based on... not that much, really. Last one I recall was Eco Styler gel, a whole hoopla over basically nothing (you'd only have to use flaxseed gel from now on, no, not me). I'd do my own research a bit before effectively deciding. :flower:

TwilightMermaid
August 29th, 2018, 10:44 AM
Lapushka I totally understand Carter doing my own research, I found out that it's actually harmless in the extent it's being used. It's always best to do your own research😊

Reservechic
August 29th, 2018, 02:09 PM
I think I have quite a few products with that ingredient in, and I'm sorry, but I am not going to throw them out based on that one ingredient. But that's me, everyone has to decide for themselves.

There's "scares" like this going around often, often based on... not that much, really. Last one I recall was Eco Styler gel, a whole hoopla over basically nothing (you'd only have to use flaxseed gel from now on, no, not me). I'd do my own research a bit before effectively deciding. :flower:

I actually was one of several people that had allergic reactions from usage of Ecostyler gel. It also reacted bad with my hair too, which is why, I had stopped usage of such, way before major attention was put forth towards what is in Ecostyler gel, through "AlopeciaFreeWithJass" and "BriHall" ever put their YouTube videos out discussing Ecostyler gel and why they no longer choose to use it. Oh, and yes, it definitely is good for people to do their research on a product before buying it, because that is always a good route to go. However, still a person still doesn't know how a product will react to their body chemistry or their hair until they actually try it for themselves. Now, I gave Ecostyler gel a try originally because of it being so cheap and readily available very near to where I lived. My experience with no Ecostyler gel I tried ever went well. I eventually did end up contacting Ecoco personally myself. I contacted Ecoco Inc, via email twice with very important complaints in regards to health issues that I dealt with after using their styling gel and serious concerns and questions as well that I needed answers to, plus I also contacted them on two separate social media sites as well, and I was never provided with adequate replies at all. I spoke my peace to them in regards to just how poor I was treated by their customer service and that they had shown that they didn't care to be forthcoming with me at all at any time. I honestly had got fed up with them. They could come up with generic answers, but outside of that, they can't handle customer complaints, and answer pertinent questions that as a company they should easily have the information towards. To try and make themselves look good, they chose much later on one of the social media media sites I had contacted them on, to give out a generic answer to me, which they had already given out over and over to others, which was not relevant to my questions and concerns that I had asked to be given real answers to, which I waited patiently for but never got. A company is supposed to provide adequate customer service, and at no time did Ecoco display such with me. Also, through further research, I found out on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, that they have 2 major complants made against them (that is posted in full for all of the public to read) that they did not choose to rectify at all. Which is why, their rating on the BBB website is currently a D-. I lost respect for the company because they outright refused to be honest and forthcoming with me overall. I have dealt with shadiness from companies, but this was the worst, that I have ever experienced this far. As of this time, I choose to no longer support them. However, it's fine if others still choose to, as I am totally respectful of such. However, I just wanted to let it be known just how shady they acted towards me, and made me feel as if the side effects to my health that I experienced from their styling gel, and other serious questions and concerns that I had towards their products, were more worthy of dodging than actually taking the time to respectfully respond back to.

Yes, I do use pure flaxseed gel, because unlike Ecostyler gel, I don't experience any noticeable negative side effects to my health from it, and neither has it ever caused any damage to my hair like Ecostyler did. I totally understand that everyone's experiences with Ecostyler gel will be different, so no matter what a person's experience happens to be with Eco styler gel, I will always choose to totally respect each and every ones experiences, whether good or bad.

lapushka
August 29th, 2018, 02:30 PM
I actually was one of several people that had allergic reactions from usage of Ecostyler gel. It also reacted bad with my hair too, which is why, I had stopped usage of such, way before major attention was put forth towards what is in Ecostyler gel, through "AlopeciaFreeWithJass" and "BriHall" ever put their YouTube videos out discussing Ecostyler gel and why they no longer choose to use it. Oh, and yes, it definitely is good for people to do their research on a product before buying it, because that is always a good route to go. However, still a person still doesn't know how a product will react to their body chemistry or their hair until they actually try it for themselves. Now, I gave Ecostyler gel a try originally because of it being so cheap and readily available very near to where I lived. My experience with no Ecostyler gel I tried ever went well. I eventually did end up contacting Ecoco personally myself. I contacted Ecoco Inc, via email twice with very important complaints in regards to health issues that I dealt with after using their styling gel and serious concerns and questions as well that I needed answers to, plus I also contacted them on two separate social media sites as well, and I was never provided with adequate replies at all. I spoke my peace to them in regards to just how poor I was treated by their customer service and that they had shown that they didn't care to be forthcoming with me at all at any time. I honestly had got fed up with them. They could come up with generic answers, but outside of that, they can't handle customer complaints, and answer pertinent questions that as a company they should easily have the information towards. To try and make themselves look good, they chose much later on one of the social media media sites I had contacted them on, to give out a generic answer to me, which they had already given out over and over to others, which was not relevant to my questions and concerns that I had asked to be given real answers to, which I waited patiently for but never got. A company is supposed to provide adequate customer service, and at no time did Ecoco display such with me. Also, through further research, I found out on the Better Business Bureau (BBB) website, that they have 2 major complants made against them (that is posted in full for all of the public to read) that they did not choose to rectify at all. Which is why, their rating on the BBB website is currently a D-. I lost respect for the company because they outright refused to be honest and forthcoming with me overall. I have dealt with shadiness from companies, but this was the worst, that I have ever experienced this far. As of this time, I choose to no longer support them. However, it's fine if others still choose to, as I am totally respectful of such. However, I just wanted to let it be known just how shady they acted towards me, and made me feel as if the side effects to my health that I experienced from their styling gel, and other serious questions and concerns that I had towards their products, were more worthy of dodging than actually taking the time to respectfully respond back to.

Yes, I do use pure flaxseed gel, because unlike Ecostyler gel, I don't experience any noticeable negative side effects to my health from it, and neither has it ever caused any damage to my hair like Ecostyler did. I totally understand that everyone's experiences with Ecostyler gel will be different, so no matter what a person's experience happens to be with Eco styler gel, I will always choose to totally respect each and every ones experiences, whether good or bad.

That being said, you can always be allergic, but I think in the grand scheme of things Eco Styler was demonized beyond all belief. If you don't want to use that, then there's a lot of gels containing the same ingredients. I love how a YT chemist broke it down (first link). I think Bri's video was very unsubstantiated.

If you're interested, watch these some time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbR-H82MjY&t=2s (a chemist's POV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5aibHfF7c

TwilightMermaid
August 29th, 2018, 08:44 PM
I'm so sorry your experience with ecostyler was so bad!😞 It's surprising how companies can treat the very customers that support them. I also use flaxseed gel. I used to use ecostyler but it weighed down my hair too much. A lot of stuff on YouTube, especially amongst the natural community(as in chemical free), can be overexaggerated.

lakhesis
August 30th, 2018, 02:24 AM
Just a thought, do you have those eco shops that sell everything without packaging near you ? :) I plan to try some stuff from there when I finish most of my stash, in the one that is in my area they have both soap bars but also organic liquid shampoo that you can just pour into your own bottle.

And I also use flax seed gel, so easy and cheap to make. I make a lot and freeze it in ice cube tray. I don't use it for styling but in the deep treatment mask, so I just pick 1-2 ice cubes day before I need to use them from the freezer.

TwilightMermaid
August 30th, 2018, 04:52 AM
Just a thought, do you have those eco shops that sell everything without packaging near you ? :) I plan to try some stuff from there when I finish most of my stash, in the one that is in my area they have both soap bars but also organic liquid shampoo that you can just pour into your own bottle.

And I also use flax seed gel, so easy and cheap to make. I make a lot and freeze it in ice cube tray. I don't use it for styling but in the deep treatment mask, so I just pick 1-2 ice cubes day before I need to use them from the freezer.
Sadly, no. The most I have near me is a whole foods, which I can buy mostly package free soap and shampoo bars from. I'm also looking into buying a block of African black soap for my face hair and body. It'd have packaging but at least the pound block would last me some time. Freezing flaxseed gel is such a great idea! I have to try that😃

Reservechic
August 30th, 2018, 09:11 AM
I'm so sorry your experience with ecostyler was so bad!�� It's surprising how companies can treat the very customers that support them. I also use flaxseed gel. I used to use ecostyler but it weighed down my hair too much. A lot of stuff on YouTube, especially amongst the natural community(as in chemical free), can be overexaggerated.

TwilightMermaid, thanks a lot for being very understanding towards what I went through. Oh, and you're absolutely right about a lot of stuff on YouTube especially amongst the natural hair community be over exaggerated, especially when it comes to promoting chemical free products as being best. I have had bad experiences with products that are labeled as being all natural, plenty of times. Which is why, I just go by what works for my hair whether it's all natural or not.

As, I strongly believe in others using what they find works best for their own individual hair and scalp's needs always.

Reservechic
August 30th, 2018, 09:31 AM
That being said, you can always be allergic, but I think in the grand scheme of things Eco Styler was demonized beyond all belief. If you don't want to use that, then there's a lot of gels containing the same ingredients. I love how a YT chemist broke it down (first link). I think Bri's video was very unsubstantiated.

If you're interested, watch these some time:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbR-H82MjY&t=2s (a chemist's POV)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5aibHfF7c

I experienced allergic symptoms with Ecoco's products and I also experienced damage to my hair as well most from their styling gels. I as a consumer deserve respect if I reach out to a company several times with complaints in regards to allergic reactions that I experienced from their products, along with major concerns and questions about their products, as well. The company chose to shrug me off, because they didn't want to deal with my complaints and didn't have the answers to provide to my questions that I needed answered. They showed no concern over my well being and any issues to my health that their products had caused, which is not acceptable. I as a consumer deserve to be respected, but I didn't get that from them at all.

A chemist can't 100% say for sure that any of Ecoco's ingredients cannot cause allergic reactions at all. She can give her opinion, but I know what I experienced and what others have as well in regards to dealing with health issues that EcoStyler gel caused us. I have personally corresponded with these people on social media and on YouTube as well. Eco styler gel like I previously did may cause no problems for some people, but for quite a number of people(including myself) it has. And, when it came to my reaching out to Ecoco about such, they did not want to deal with it, period. Which I did not in any way deserve. A company is supposed to provide proper customer service to all. Ecoco is not being 100% forthcoming in doing so.

Please know that I am totally respectful of your choice to continue to support Ecoco. Because you have the right to use whatever you feel works best for you. However, I have been 100% clear as to why, I choose to not support them at this time. I was treated with lack of respect and total non-concern from them, of which is truly unacceptable behavior for any company to display towards a consumer.

Also, I am one of the individuals that bought Chaz Dean's Wen Cleansing Conditioners, and that was a disaster for both my hair and scalp. I had to undergo a lot of treatments on my scalp that thank God I was able to get approved by my insurance, because of how bad of my scalp's condition had got. Yes, i did tell this to my dermatologist in regards to my use of Wen. Plus, I was one of the people who was involved in the class action suit against WEN. I had to send in a ton of medical records towards my case, and in the end, I was compensated for all that I went through both emotionally and physically. Yet, WEN is still being sold and Chaz Dean still continues to stand by his claims that there is nothing harmful in his products and that they are completely safe to use. Unfortunately, those are just words. A company can make claims, but that doesn't always mean that their claims have been 100% scientifically substantiated at all. Because in the U.S., hair care products, along with tons of other stuff being sold on the market are not regulated by the FDA. Therefore, unless, the FDA gets involved and does its own independent testing in regards to a product, my best advice to anyone, is to always try out one product at a time, and to always do a patch test first (in order to best test a product's compatibility with ones own hair and or skin)

TwilightMermaid
August 30th, 2018, 10:39 AM
Product wise, ecostyler is not horrible, but not ideal, at leas for me. Company wise, they seem indifferent and disrespectful to customers issues. It doesn't make sense why they would treat the people who use their products like that. But always use what works for you, that's the main thing😀 I personally choose to use a natural soap, oil, and flaxseed gel on my hair while creating little waste.

lapushka
August 30th, 2018, 11:43 AM
I experienced allergic symptoms with Ecoco's products and I also experienced damage to my hair as well most from their styling gels. I as a consumer deserve respect if I reach out to a company several times with complaints in regards to allergic reactions that I experienced from their products, along with major concerns and questions about their products, as well. The company chose to shrug me off, because they didn't want to deal with my complaints and didn't have the answers to provide to my questions that I needed answered. They showed no concern over my well being and any issues to my health that their products had caused, which is not acceptable. I as a consumer deserve to be respected, but I didn't get that from them at all.

A chemist can't 100% say for sure that any of Ecoco's ingredients cannot cause allergic reactions at all. She can give her opinion, but I know what I experienced and what others have as well in regards to dealing with health issues that EcoStyler gel caused us. I have personally corresponded with these people on social media and on YouTube as well. Eco styler gel like I previously did may cause no problems for some people, but for quite a number of people(including myself) it has. And, when it came to my reaching out to Ecoco about such, they did not want to deal with it, period. Which I did not in any way deserve. A company is supposed to provide proper customer service to all. Ecoco is not being 100% forthcoming in doing so.

Please know that I am totally respectful of your choice to continue to support Ecoco. Because you have the right to use whatever you feel works best for you. However, I have been 100% clear as to why, I choose to not support them at this time. I was treated with lack of respect and total non-concern from them, of which is truly unacceptable behavior for any company to display towards a consumer.

Also, I am one of the individuals that bought Chaz Dean's Wen Cleansing Conditioners, and that was a disaster for both my hair and scalp. I had to undergo a lot of treatments on my scalp that thank God I was able to get approved by my insurance, because of how bad of my scalp's condition had got. Yes, i did tell this to my dermatologist in regards to my use of Wen. Plus, I was one of the people who was involved in the class action suit against WEN. I had to send in a ton of medical records towards my case, and in the end, I was compensated for all that I went through both emotionally and physically. Yet, WEN is still being sold and Chaz Dean still continues to stand by his claims that there is nothing harmful in his products and that they are completely safe to use. Unfortunately, those are just words. A company can make claims, but that doesn't always mean that their claims have been 100% scientifically substantiated at all. Because in the U.S., hair care products, along with tons of other stuff being sold on the market are not regulated by the FDA. Therefore, unless, the FDA gets involved and does its own independent testing in regards to a product, my best advice to anyone, is to always try out one product at a time, and to always do a patch test first (in order to best test a product's compatibility with ones own hair and or skin)

I'm sorry about that and that you were shrugged off; at least a decent response would be appropriate. But you can be allergic to just about anything, even peanut butter, that doesn't mean the company is responsible or other people should stop eating peanut butter; at least that is my take on the whole issue.

So far it hasn't causes me any issues. :) :flower:

TwilightMermaid
August 30th, 2018, 05:34 PM
I've finally decided what washing method I will be using on my hair, after doing and s&d session and assessing my hair's health. I've realized I neeed to wash my hair with some sort of lathering agent and I just have to use conditioner, period. I had not noticed all the damage my ends were receiving from going no poo and not giving enough moisture. The shampoo bar I have currently is too harsh so I'll just use shampoo and conditioner, silicones and sulfates not being an issue. As much as I want to save the environment by not producing waste in my personal care routine, my hair's health is a little more important. Honestly, what I've learned from my zero waste hair excursions is that do use what works for your hair. I believe it's always best to check the ingredients in the back of products because, in my experience, the companies with the best ingredients seem to actually care about their customers and their hair desires(not saying other brands that use a lot less natural are rude). Thanks to those who gave me suggestions, I'll probably use shea moisture or acure😁. In the future, when I'm more committed to zero waste, I'll be using the company plaine products because it is a natural shampoo and conditioner company who you can refill the bottles of. Whenever it comes to hair things it's best to decide for yourself because everyone's head of hair is unique and beautiful!😋

lithostoic
August 30th, 2018, 09:30 PM
Look into the herbal haircare thread! Lots of people wash with oat flour, tea, fermented rice water, and other methods!