PDA

View Full Version : tangles

Browneyedbelle9
August 27th, 2018, 07:41 AM
Tangled hair looking for a solution.
A few months I had balayage put through my hair about below the ears down.
Previously in 2016 I had balayage but most of it had grown out.
Now my hair tangles really easily it seems to stick together as well.
I think the bleach has made it unruly.
I also have a question: A hair dresser told me coconut oil damages the hair structure.
Any help appreciated. I trim my hair (dust) once a month about there or a bit longer

lapushka
August 27th, 2018, 08:27 AM
How is your hair when it's wet? Dry/brittle, or mushy, if the latter you might be able to add some protein.

Have you clarify-washed lately (with a sulfate shampoo).

MusicalSpoons
August 27th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Tangled hair looking for a solution.
A few months I had balayage put through my hair about below the ears down.
Previously in 2016 I had balayage but most of it had grown out.
Now my hair tangles really easily it seems to stick together as well.
I think the bleach has made it unruly.
I also have a question: A hair dresser told me coconut oil damages the hair structure.
Any help appreciated. I trim my hair (dust) once a month about there or a bit longer

Erm, what? :ponder: I can't think of any reason that would be so! It has been used successfully by some people to prevent some damage when soaked into hair before bleaching actually. There are people whose hair doesn't get on with coconut oil (mine doesn't, after one or two uses) but it doesn't damage the hair by itself.

As for the tangles, there are a few recent threads around with the usual questions and suggestions; something there might be of use to you :flower:

Joules
August 28th, 2018, 02:57 AM

I'm not even surprised to hear that, the most ridiculous hair care advice usually comes from hairdressers :rollin: (I'm not generalising and I know there are great hairdressers out there, but still, a lot of them are clueless)

Your hair tangles because it's damaged, so it needs some extra care and protection. Bleached hair usually loves coconut oil. And protein treatments, like Lapushka already said.