PDA

View Full Version : Dry curly Hair transitioning 3a,b,c

cheychey
August 20th, 2018, 02:23 PM
Hi everyone !

I’m a neewbie so I am not sure where specifically I should be posting certain threads.

I Have a mixture of 3a,b,c hair (all in one). my hair is very thick and I have lots and lots of it. its in transition from being dry and neglected. I am hoping to come by others that either share the same curly mixture as myself, or range from any of the 3type curls.

My question is what methods do you guys use to keep moisture in your curls?

any recommendations for a good/thick leave in- or conditioner ?

do you guys use the LOC , LCO method or do you have your own method?

lapushka
August 20th, 2018, 05:14 PM
Hi everyone !

I’m a neewbie so I am not sure where specifically I should be posting certain threads.

I Have a mixture of 3a,b,c hair (all in one). my hair is very thick and I have lots and lots of it. its in transition from being dry and neglected. I am hoping to come by others that either share the same curly mixture as myself, or range from any of the 3type curls.

My question is what methods do you guys use to keep moisture in your curls?

any recommendations for a good/thick leave in- or conditioner ?

do you guys use the LOC , LCO method or do you have your own method?

My methods for washing and styling are in my signature, you could check those out if you want.

I do do LOC/LCO, but also do a thing called rinse-out oil (over 40 weeks consecutively now). And it helps keep moisture in my ends.

Also, you might want to ask a mod to move this thread to the "mane forum" as you are still in the newbie / introduce yourself section. You contact a mod by reporting your own post, use the little triangle on the bottom, then type your message in the screen that pops up then.

cheychey
August 20th, 2018, 08:54 PM
Thank you ! if that is your hair in your profil picture it’s absolutely inspirational, I can’t wait to get to that length. I am currently on “below bra strap” length.

JennGalt
August 20th, 2018, 08:56 PM
Coconut milk seems to do a better job of moisturizing and conditioning my hair than anything else. I buy the canned stuff that doesn’t have any emulsifiers in it so it separates. The watery part I use as a leave in conditioner and detangler; the more solid part I use as a pre-wash hair mask and leave it on for an hour. Then I either shampoo and condition or co-wash. I also apply olive oil while my hair is still damp to help seal in some moisture.

A lot of people find that co-washing or SMTs* really help moisturize too; there are threads for both that you may want to check out.

*SMT: SnowyMoon’s Moisture Treatment; 1 part pure aloe gel, 1 part honey, 2 parts conditioner.

cheychey
August 20th, 2018, 08:59 PM
thank you so much for the advice and sharing how you care for your curls.