PDA

View Full Version : An alternative to the unhappy styling experience

chantiny
November 2nd, 2008, 06:18 PM
I have read so many threads on how people go in and ask for an inch off and they cut four. The last time I had my hair trimmed was a little over a year ago, and I had the exact opposite problem.
My hair was a little past shoulder, and up until a little past chin was bleach-fried hair. I wanted all the damage taken off, and do whatever she wanted to style it pretty. This was at one of those times where I didn't think I wanted long hair.

The lady didn't actually even take all the damaged hair off, she would trim about an inch and ask if that was ok, and I kept saying to go shorter, she'd trim even less, ask again. Finally I just said fine, go with it, style however you want.

She did a blunt no layers no fringe bob. Because it would be easier to grow out again.

Now that I have decided to go for classic, I am somewhat happy she didn't hack it to pieces, but now I need to go back soon because my damaged ends are starting to cause evil tangles and such.

So if anyone lives in northern chicago suburbs, I know a great stylist at supercuts that doesn't listen to your desires for drastic change! :D

Lamb
November 2nd, 2008, 06:35 PM
This must be a cheap salon thing. Almost every time I went to Topcuts (dirt cheap salon line in Toronto), I got just what I asked for in terms of length taken off, and they cut it blunt. The less you pay, the less they cut? ;) Noone likes to work for free after all! :gabigrin:

chantiny
November 2nd, 2008, 06:51 PM
That's what I figured about the blunt bob, but she still didn't listen to the length request. She said my hair was so long already and she didn't want to cut it. :rolleyes: