PDA

View Full Version : Chelation and Marc Anthony Curl Envy transformation!

deeisme
August 18th, 2018, 11:39 PM
I'm super excited! I've been trying really hard to like my natural hair. My hair is fine and wavy. I've tried numerous products and today is the first day I have air dried and liked the final result. No frizz and decent wave. Yay! I think my hair is nearly as wavy as after braiding.

1. Braid waves from three dutch braids.
2. Air dried with no product.
3. Today after chelating and using Marc Anthony Curl Envy.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=33035&d=1534655242

illicitlizard
August 19th, 2018, 01:37 AM
Wow that's a great result! The ends look a lot nicer than with the braid waves, very pretty texture :)

lapushka
August 19th, 2018, 05:15 AM
If I look at your second picture where it is all natural, I would call that 2b, or at the very least 2a/b. I know you didn't ask for opinions on this, but just thought I'd mention it. :flower:

Very pretty! :D

MusicalSpoons
August 19th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Wow! So pretty! Did you use a shampoo to chelate, or something else?

deeisme
August 19th, 2018, 07:56 AM
Thanks everybody. I'm in the No-trimming 2018! Second half only! group and wasn't sure I was going to make it. My hair was making me crazy and the scissors were looking really good.

I've been oiling and conditioning and trying everything I could think of, and read about, to try and get my hair under control but it kept looking dry, tired and frizzy. I was starting to think I was never going to be able to air dry and wear my hair down and have it look nice. I'm so happy with how things turned out today I had to share.

nycelle
August 19th, 2018, 07:59 AM
Very pretty... I can't get your waves no matter what products I've tried.
I have a feeling you're a natural 2c.

lapushka
August 19th, 2018, 08:13 AM
Very pretty... I can't get your waves no matter what products I've tried.
I have a feeling you're a natural 2c.

Could be even more than 2b, yes, because I see a few ringlets forming at the bottom. No ringlets, no 2c.

deeisme
August 19th, 2018, 08:15 AM
Wow! So pretty! Did you use a shampoo to chelate, or something else?

This is what I did. Take into consideration I was a bit desperate and likely over did it with shamooing so much and leaving it in my hair so long. I was at the point of either this helps or I get my hair cut.

- Washed twice with Ion Hard Water Shampoo. Left it on my hair 10 mins each time.
- Washed with some old Pantene Silver Expressions Shampoo and left it on for five minutes.
- Conditioned with some old Pantene Silver Expressions for five minutes.
- squished water out of hair with hand and then t-shirt
- flipped head upside down and shook hair at the roots (saw better curl/wave without gel etc. than I have before).
- Applied Marc Anthony Strictly Curls Curl Envy Perfect Curl Cream
- Flipped head back up right and air dried flipping hair from side to side occasionally to get it dry throughout. No scrunching.

No gel, no mouse, no crunchy hair tangling on itself like velcro. Yay!

deeisme
August 19th, 2018, 08:29 AM
Could be even more than 2b, yes, because I see a few ringlets forming at the bottom. No ringlets, no 2c.

I do have a few ringlets underneath but never gave them much thought. I've also struggled with having a fair bit more wave on my right side too. It looks funny and makes my hair look crooked. This is the most evenly wavy my hair has turned out with or without product. Hmmm 2b with a little 2c. I'll take that and also change that in my profile. Thank you for the analysis.

lapushka
August 19th, 2018, 11:53 AM
I do have a few ringlets underneath but never gave them much thought. I've also struggled with having a fair bit more wave on my right side too. It looks funny and makes my hair look crooked. This is the most evenly wavy my hair has turned out with or without product. Hmmm 2b with a little 2c. I'll take that and also change that in my profile. Thank you for the analysis.

Well, then slap that 2c stat right on there! Or you might go 2b/c; that's what I did. My wave pattern is *very* inconsistent.

deeisme
August 19th, 2018, 09:52 PM
Well, then slap that 2c stat right on there! Or you might go 2b/c; that's what I did. My wave pattern is *very* inconsistent.

Haha, will do.

spidermom
August 20th, 2018, 09:48 AM
wow - beautiful result, and I think the hair typing as you have it is spot on.

deeisme
August 26th, 2018, 07:01 AM
wow - beautiful result, and I think the hair typing as you have it is spot on.

Thank you, I'm pretty thrilled with the results and hoping they can be consistently replicated and not fluke. It's been an interesting learning curve to discover what works and does not now. My hair has changed a great deal in the past several years. The information here at LHC has been so helpful as well as the great input from members on things like tyoing/classifying my hair.