PDA

View Full Version : Cute Little Story That Makes My Heart Happy <3

softheartedandl
August 14th, 2018, 07:16 PM
The other day my sister and I were on our way to the grocery store when she told me about a dream she had. According to my mother (who is a giant fairy and fae nerd) fairies, being as they all have blonde hair supposedly (or at least according to most legends) have a tendency to kidnap ladies with long brunette hair because it's different from theirs. I don't really know how true this is in terms of lore so don't quote me on it, but if any of you have heard of this or anything related to it please let me know!

I have hip-length brunette hair (trying to get back to classic after cutting it to mid-back in 2016) and my sister had dreamt she and my mother were trying to cover it all up so the fairies wouldn't take me, and warning me not to accept any food from them lol.

I love fairy tales and legends as well and I was surprised I had never heard of this! I'm a bit self-conscious about my brunette hair because so much attention is put on blondes and redheads (not saying y'all need any less- y'all have beautifully colored hair!) in media nowadays that sometimes I wonder if brown hair just isn't enough, lol. I know that it's silly, but hearing that at least the fae folk like brunettes is kind of heartwarming in a weird way. I'm not so sure if I'd appreciate being kidnapped, though. :laugh:

Anyway, this is just a pointless little ramble but it's something hair related and it made me so happy, I thought I'd share.

Lady Stardust
August 15th, 2018, 03:29 AM
Sweet :) Anything that makes you feel good about your natural hair colour is a good thing! Brunette is beautiful.

lapushka
August 15th, 2018, 04:21 AM
That's a neat story! :D Thanks for sharing that. :)

Natalia_A00
August 15th, 2018, 05:52 AM
That's a cute story! I love my brunette hair, I wouldn't want it any other way

illicitlizard
August 15th, 2018, 06:27 AM
I used to be obsessed with fairies, even wanted to be one for many years haha. That's such a sweet story, also I love brown hair it's gorgeous <3 Don't get kidnapped by the fae :P

CopperButterfly
August 15th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I think brunette is a beautiful color. I like it better than my natural blonette color lol.

That's a fun bit of fairy lore. I can't say I've heard of it before, but I like it, and there are so many different takes on fairies.

Suortuva
August 15th, 2018, 07:54 AM
That's cute. :)
But am I the only one who thinks it might be interesting to be kidnapped of faeries?

MoonRabbit
August 15th, 2018, 10:54 AM
But am I the only one who thinks it might be interesting to be kidnapped of faeries?

Eh lol I guess it would depend on the type of fairies, in some folklore they are depicted as down right sinister, stealing babies to give their soul to the devil, using them as servants, or taking young fertile women to be like cows and nursing baby fairies because they can only survive on human milk.

This is a very cute story. I am really interested to hear where this originated from. Would your mother or sister know more about the story?

lapis_lazuli
August 15th, 2018, 11:15 AM
It's a lovely story, maybe minus the kidnapping part :o Thanks for sharing! I think my hair colour suits me well, I'd want it no different :)

ravenskey
August 15th, 2018, 11:39 AM

Lovely story and I must say that getting kidnapped by faeries sounds very interesting!

softheartedandl
August 16th, 2018, 08:56 PM
This is a very cute story. I am really interested to hear where this originated from. Would your mother or sister know more about the story?

I'm not sure! It's night tie where I am but I'll try and remember to ask them in the morning!

Dark40
August 17th, 2018, 05:41 PM
That is a cute story! :) Thanks for sharing!

Dark40
August 17th, 2018, 05:45 PM
The other day my sister and I were on our way to the grocery store when she told me about a dream she had. According to my mother (who is a giant fairy and fae nerd) fairies, being as they all have blonde hair supposedly (or at least according to most legends) have a tendency to kidnap ladies with long brunette hair because it's different from theirs. I don't really know how true this is in terms of lore so don't quote me on it, but if any of you have heard of this or anything related to it please let me know!

I have hip-length brunette hair (trying to get back to classic after cutting it to mid-back in 2016) and my sister had dreamt she and my mother were trying to cover it all up so the fairies wouldn't take me, and warning me not to accept any food from them lol.

I love fairy tales and legends as well and I was surprised I had never heard of this! I'm a bit self-conscious about my brunette hair because so much attention is put on blondes and redheads (not saying y'all need any less- y'all have beautifully colored hair!) in media nowadays that sometimes I wonder if brown hair just isn't enough, lol. I know that it's silly, but hearing that at least the fae folk like brunettes is kind of heartwarming in a weird way. I'm not so sure if I'd appreciate being kidnapped, though. :laugh:

Anyway, this is just a pointless little ramble but it's something hair related and it made me so happy, I thought I'd share.

To tell you a little story....I had a girlfriend from high school that had hip length hair, and one time she cut her hair all of the way up to BSL, and within a 3 month period it had grown all of the way back down to her hips again. That was 30 years ago. I spoke to her on the phone a couple of months ago, and I told her that when we were in high school I used to admire her hair so much, and I asked her, "Is your hair still as long as it was back then?" and her reply was, "It's halfway there." :) And she is a brunette. I'm also a brunette too naturally but I color my hair red.

softheartedandl
August 17th, 2018, 08:19 PM
That's crazy! All that growth in only 3 months? Wow!