PDA

View Full Version : thinning hair patches?

lindakschicken
August 14th, 2018, 06:40 AM
So recently I have had issues with "normal main stream" shampoo's and conditioner's leaving my hair weighted down and feeling really then. I have thus moved to using a more natural (97% natural) shampoo and conditioner by noughty. Been using it for almost 2 weeks roughly give or take and almost all of my hair feels back to normal i.e does not feel thin and flat. But now my husband who normally normally has a thing about stroking my hair (ya I'll admit I don't mind it until it starts making me fall asleep lol) but he has been saying my hair feels thinner now at the back of my head and it seems to be shedding pretty bad (just put my fingers through my already combed hair and a clump of about 10-15 hairs just fell out not normal for my hair unless it's been bleached to heck and it has not been in months) I wonder if ya'll have issues with this kinda thing and what (if known) has been the cause and what ya'll do about it? as this is driving me nuts now and all I hear is the DH tsking about it.

lapushka
August 14th, 2018, 07:47 AM
If you think you are shedding more than normal, please go see your doctor and have a blood test run, for any deficiencies you might have.

Until then, you can't treat anything if you don't know the cause. :flower:

lindakschicken
August 14th, 2018, 11:00 AM
If you think you are shedding more than normal, please go see your doctor and have a blood test run, for any deficiencies you might have.

Until then, you can't treat anything if you don't know the cause. :flower:

Tried ringing my Dr straight to voice mail *growls* trying to get in is worse then trying to pull teeth with a toothbrush. hate needles to. But I'm wondering if it might be a vitamin deficiency as I hear that can cause thinning and hair loss?. I heard that coconut oil, amla and shikakai (have no clue if that is spelled right) can help thicken hair wonder if this is true?

lapushka
August 14th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Tried ringing my Dr straight to voice mail *growls* trying to get in is worse then trying to pull teeth with a toothbrush. hate needles to. But I'm wondering if it might be a vitamin deficiency as I hear that can cause thinning and hair loss?. I heard that coconut oil, amla and shikakai (have no clue if that is spelled right) can help thicken hair wonder if this is true?

Don't go in blind with vitamins and supplements, wait on the doctor and your results!

Besides if you start taking all sorts of things it is going to mess with your results.

lindakschicken
August 14th, 2018, 12:20 PM
Don't go in blind with vitamins and supplements, wait on the doctor and your results!

Besides if you start taking all sorts of things it is going to mess with your results.

True. but have not take vitamins for months..hopefully I can reach someone tomorrow in the drs office.

Lady Stardust
August 14th, 2018, 12:36 PM

Some people find they shed more if they let conditioner or oils touch their scalp, so it would be worth keeping those away from your scalp and just applying them from the ears down.

lapushka
August 14th, 2018, 01:59 PM
Some people find they shed more if they let conditioner or oils touch their scalp, so it would be worth keeping those away from your scalp and just applying them from the ears down.

Oh yes; totally forgot about that! OP, if you are letting anything near your scalp besides shampoo, I would stop doing that and see if things improve... if you are doing that, that is.

lindakschicken
August 14th, 2018, 02:41 PM
Oh yes; totally forgot about that! OP, if you are letting anything near your scalp besides shampoo, I would stop doing that and see if things improve... if you are doing that, that is.

really that can cause issues? funny i have been doing oil treatments on my scalp for years and only recently had this issue.. but will try it til i get into the dr.

lapushka
August 14th, 2018, 05:04 PM
really that can cause issues? funny i have been doing oil treatments on my scalp for years and only recently had this issue.. but will try it til i get into the dr.

Yes that is a thing. There are people who shed more when oil or conditioner touches their scalp. I am one of them. Why? Nobody knows; it is what it is, I guess. :shrug:

chrissy-b
August 16th, 2018, 08:40 PM
The shedding started when you started these new products? Could it be one of the ingredients that's causing this problem?

zashin66
August 19th, 2018, 09:41 PM
Error wrong thread

queenbee1
August 20th, 2018, 06:26 AM
Maybe natural shampoos arent for you. Maybe you meed sulphates. Like Lapushka.