PDA

View Full Version : FTL by Christmas 2018!

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 07:05 AM
I reached classic June 2018 and am also no-trimming, so I'm willing to see if I can get to FTL (thigh) by the end of the year. I think I might be a couple (3) inches off of FTL. So technically I should make it if my hair doesn't get a stall (let's hope not).

We'll see how far I get.

Who's with me?

psyc2321
August 13th, 2018, 07:37 AM
I’ll join in! I’ve got about 2.5” to FTL, and while it will probably be more like the end of summer before I make it to fingertip, that is my current goal.

At least, my current sensible one. I had several older female relatives with ankle length hair, and I’m a tiny bit tempted to find out what terminal is, given my genetics. Then again I’m lazy, so maybe not?

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Why not join, psyc? It's worth the try, IMO.

lapushka
August 28th, 2018, 03:23 PM
I have one inch and about a half to go until FTL, that is 3 more months roughly, so Sept. Oct. Nov. I am going to make it, if my hair doesn't just suddenly decide to stall on me.

But let's wait it out first! :) I *am* excited about it all though. It will be the first time I will have reached another length over classic.

Joyful Mystery
August 28th, 2018, 03:34 PM
I have one inch and about a half to go until FTL, that is 3 more months roughly, so Sept. Oct. Nov. I am going to make it, if my hair doesn't just suddenly decide to stall on me.

But let's wait it out first! :) I *am* excited about it all though. It will be the first time I will have reached another length over classic.

How exciting!

lapushka
August 28th, 2018, 03:41 PM
How exciting!

Thank you! I "measured" last night, by grasping the longest bit of my loose hair in my fingers, and seeing how far I still had to go.

Gosh I know, it's all so "new" to me too! :D But I can't wait. :happydance:

psyc2321
September 3rd, 2018, 07:26 AM
Slowly getting closer. When I wash I part my hair over my shoulders, and when I let my hands rest over my ends where they reach on my thighs, my hair comes to exactly the bottom of my palms, so I’m exactly finger length from fingertip in the front.

manticore
September 3rd, 2018, 08:59 AM
I won’t by anywhere hear FTL but I just wanted to pop in and say good luck getting to Faster Than Light speed y’all! ;p

Sarahlabyrinth
September 3rd, 2018, 09:01 AM
Wow, I hope you get there, and everyone else too! :D :popcorn:

MusicalSpoons
September 3rd, 2018, 10:01 AM
I won’t by anywhere hear FTL but I just wanted to pop in and say good luck getting to Faster Than Light speed y’all! ;p

That's what I always think! :hifive: when I had it in my profile it always warmed my Trekkie heart every time I saw it :laugh:

lapushka and psyc2321, that's very cool! It sounds like you both will most likely get there :D

lapushka
September 3rd, 2018, 11:58 AM
Slowly getting closer. When I wash I part my hair over my shoulders, and when I let my hands rest over my ends where they reach on my thighs, my hair comes to exactly the bottom of my palms, so I’m exactly finger length from fingertip in the front.

That's great! Awesome! :)

Thank you so much! :D

Wow, I hope you get there, and everyone else too! :D :popcorn:

Thank you, means a lot. :D

Beeboo123
September 5th, 2018, 09:44 AM
I have disproportionately long and lanky arms, there is no way that i will reach FTL by the end of the year. Classic and FTL are so far away for me!

lapushka
September 5th, 2018, 09:52 AM
I have disproportionately long and lanky arms, there is no way that i will reach FTL by the end of the year. Classic and FTL are so far away for me!

You could give it a go. Where are you currently? Still TBL?

Beeboo123
September 5th, 2018, 09:58 AM
Nah i hit classic! Haven’t been washing my hair, my waves are much more stretched out, so i managed to reach classic a week ago even though i cut several inches off. I’ve got a long way to go to FTL though.

lapushka
September 5th, 2018, 03:08 PM
Nah i hit classic! Haven’t been washing my hair, my waves are much more stretched out, so i managed to reach classic a week ago even though i cut several inches off. I’ve got a long way to go to FTL though.

I was going off of your stats (which still say TBL ;)) so that's why I thought that. You at least reached classic, that is something! :D And just you wait, you'll be FTL before you know it. :)

psyc2321
September 6th, 2018, 08:34 PM
7 cm, just under 3" to go, based on actually measuring from the base of my longest finger to the end ;)

So assuming I maintain my usual growth rate, I should be there by Easter '19!

lapushka
September 7th, 2018, 04:06 AM
7 cm, just under 3" to go, based on actually measuring from the base of my longest finger to the end ;)

So assuming I maintain my usual growth rate, I should be there by Easter '19!

That's great too! :) Happy growing to you! :D

lapushka
September 26th, 2018, 01:20 PM
I'm an inch off of FTL and I can *finally* manage a nautilus bun, with a full hand! Yay! :cool:

I am so happy! :)

I feel it's really comfortable and that the weight is distributed differently. It's a little more difficult to start up whereas breaking hairs is concerned versus a LWB but it's a matter of getting used to it, I think. I was a little "rushed" trying it out.

Zesty
September 26th, 2018, 01:22 PM
I'm an inch off of FTL and I can *finally* manage a nautilus bun, with a full hand! Yay! :cool:

I am so happy! :)

I feel it's really comfortable and that the weight is distributed differently. It's a little more difficult to start up whereas breaking hairs is concerned versus a LWB but it's a matter of getting used to it, I think. I was a little "rushed" trying it out.

You're cheating on your LWB?!

Only joking. ;) That's a very exciting milestone to reach!

AutobotsAttack
September 26th, 2018, 01:30 PM
FTL for whatever reason is the same length as Classic for me. I have very short arms. So it’ll be a two for one. Whenever I get there. Hopefully be closer by Christmas.

lapushka
September 26th, 2018, 01:44 PM
You're cheating on your LWB?!

Only joking. ;) That's a very exciting milestone to reach!

Thank you so much! :D

LOL! :p Yeah, feels like that! I have been doing the LWB for so many years. The weight is surprisingly distributed differently (feels quite comfy), and so I might get used to it (the Nautilus).

MusicalSpoons
September 26th, 2018, 02:08 PM
Woot! That's very cool lapushka :cheer:

Lol, my hair was too long for a comfortable LWB and nautilus by the time I discovered them (except with a 4-prong Jeter, which I realised over a year later ... ) - they were either faceliftingly tight, or the middles fell out :laugh: until I read about double wrapping, hoorah! So now a double-wrapped LWB is my usual go-to :)

Zesty
September 26th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Woot! That's very cool lapushka :cheer:

Lol, my hair was too long for a comfortable LWB and nautilus by the time I discovered them (except with a 4-prong Jeter, which I realised over a year later ... ) - they were either faceliftingly tight, or the middles fell out :laugh: until I read about double wrapping, hoorah! So now a double-wrapped LWB is my usual go-to :)

OMG. Wait. Double wrapping. I knew that was a thing, why didn't I try it before? Because I just tried it and it's holding steady and NOT falling out like my regular LWBs. I dedicate this success to MusicalSpoons. :smooch: Thank you for the inadvertent epiphany. This has made my day, I missed my old go-to. :cloud9:

And now I will exit this thread because there's no way I belong here LOL.

zashin66
September 26th, 2018, 08:47 PM
Yes yes yes (raising hand as high as it will go). ....... Why did I not see this thread earlier. I'm so hoping that I will get this for my Christmas present.

Um... Hi everyone. May I please join with you to reach finger tip by Christmas?:o

Crystawni
September 26th, 2018, 09:00 PM
:sneaks into thread:

OMG. Wait. Double wrapping. I knew that was a thing, why didn't I try it before? Because I just tried it and it's holding steady and NOT falling out like my regular LWBs. I dedicate this success to MusicalSpoons. :smooch: Thank you for the inadvertent epiphany. This has made my day, I missed my old go-to. :cloud9:

And you can guess what I've just done, too..! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That is awesome. It holds; no droopy midsection (of the hair--bod is another thing :p)! It's light, even! MusicalSpoons, :smooch: !! And Zesty, caboz you unknowingly cyber-egged me into it just now, here's a :smooch: for you, too!

lapushka, I've only recently been able to do a full-hand nautilus, too, but they're always off-centre and a bit too hard with my bung shoulder. But I haz a happy for you!

:sneaks outta thread:

MusicalSpoons
September 27th, 2018, 03:08 AM

:sneaks into thread:

And you can guess what I've just done, too..! Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! That is awesome. It holds; no droopy midsection (of the hair--bod is another thing :p)! It's light, even! MusicalSpoons, :smooch: !! And Zesty, caboz you unknowingly cyber-egged me into it just now, here's a :smooch: for you, too!

lapushka, I've only recently been able to do a full-hand nautilus, too, but they're always off-centre and a bit too hard with my bung shoulder. But I haz a happy for you!

:sneaks outta thread:

:laugh: glad to be of service! :bow: :waltz:

I don't belong in this thread either, so :tiptoes out:

lapushka
September 27th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Yes yes yes (raising hand as high as it will go). ....... Why did I not see this thread earlier. I'm so hoping that I will get this for my Christmas present.

Um... Hi everyone. May I please join with you to reach finger tip by Christmas?:o

Welcome welcome! :happydance: I'm glad to have you here! :)

Thank you so much! Means a lot. :D

I did a Nautilus this morning, yeah you do have to be careful not to go wonky with this bun, it's when I make the loop and then wrap, you have to kind of shove it back into the middle LOL! It holds like a rock, and I am so glad for the different weight distribution.

zashin66
September 27th, 2018, 10:34 AM
Gah!! I still can't manage a Nautilus bun. I can French braid, Dutch braid any which way I want, rope braid, four piece braid, four piece braid 3D, five piece braid, but can't Nautilus bun:horse::slap::cry:

Thank you Lapushka for the welcome

lapushka
September 27th, 2018, 02:26 PM
Gah!! I still can't manage a Nautilus bun. I can French braid, Dutch braid any which way I want, rope braid, four piece braid, four piece braid 3D, five piece braid, but can't Nautilus bun:horse::slap::cry:

Thank you Lapushka for the welcome

You're welcome! :)

I had that for a long time as well. I can now do it with a full hand, make that loop and wrap the remainder of the hair once around. So I can just make one. I tried at just the right time. It's been a long time since I tried (when I was about TBL, I think I tried last).

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 08:37 AM
OMG, guys. Measured this morning and my longest pieces (literally 2 tufts) are FTL. With arms stretched out to the max.

I am calling it!!! :happydance:

Ylva
October 2nd, 2018, 09:05 AM
Congratulations lapushka! :)

Zesty
October 2nd, 2018, 09:28 AM
OMG, guys. Measured this morning and my longest pieces (literally 2 tufts) are FTL. With arms stretched out to the max.

I am calling it!!! :happydance:

Yay!!! Congrats! :cheer:

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 10:04 AM
Thank you so much Ylva & Zesty! :)

xoAshley
October 2nd, 2018, 10:30 AM
Awesome!!!! Congrats!! :applause

MusicalSpoons
October 2nd, 2018, 03:18 PM
Woot! Congratulations lapushka! :cheer:

lapushka
October 2nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
Awesome!!!! Congrats!! :applause

Woot! Congratulations lapushka! :cheer:

Thank you so much! I feel on top of the world. :D :happydance:

Crystawni
October 2nd, 2018, 07:16 PM
When you're there, you're there! Congrats, lapushka! That's awesome--both in length and how this time around you're comfortable getting this long. :grin:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 3rd, 2018, 12:54 AM
Congratulations, Lapushka! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :D :happydance:

lapushka
October 3rd, 2018, 07:35 AM
When you're there, you're there! Congrats, lapushka! That's awesome--both in length and how this time around you're comfortable getting this long. :grin:

Congratulations, Lapushka! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :D :happydance:

Thank you so much! It was kind of inevitable. Those 2 tufts were clearly there, and I go by the longest pieces. :)

It is awesome, yes. :)

Zesty
October 3rd, 2018, 01:25 PM
Is there a FTL by Christmas 2019 thread? :hmm:

lapushka
October 3rd, 2018, 02:43 PM
Is there a FTL by Christmas 2019 thread? :hmm:

I don't think so, just searched (by title)... go for it! :)