PDA

View Full Version : Towel dried or damp?

xcrunr2go
August 12th, 2018, 02:18 PM
When I deep condition I usually gently squeeze out the excess water & apply the deep conditioner right in the shower then get out & put a clear disposable hair cap on for 30 minutes. Does anybody towel dry their hair prior to application? If so, do you think the hair would absorb more product due to less water in the strands? Thoughts?

lapushka
August 12th, 2018, 03:18 PM
When I deep condition I usually gently squeeze out the excess water & apply the deep conditioner right in the shower then get out & put a clear disposable hair cap on for 30 minutes. Does anybody towel dry their hair prior to application? If so, do you think the hair would absorb more product due to less water in the strands? Thoughts?

I never towel dry even if the conditioner says that. I just always squeeze out the excess water and then smear the conditioner on. I don't want to waste an extra towel than the one I'm getting wet to dry my hair. No way.

Suortuva
August 12th, 2018, 03:25 PM
I never towel dry even if the conditioner says that. I just always squeeze out the excess water and then smear the conditioner on. I don't want to waste an extra towel than the one I'm getting wet to dry my hair. No way.

Same here. And I'm too lazy to grab my towel.

MoonRabbit
August 12th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I always deep treat before a shower. I dampen my hair in the sink, shirt dry it enough so my hair isn't dripping all over the place. I throw the shirt in the dryer as I add the product to my hair, put on a plastic cap and by the time I'm done applying the treatment the shirt is nicely dry and warm so I wrap it around my head for a little extra pamper time.

nycelle
August 12th, 2018, 05:15 PM
squeeze out the water, then use the conditioner.

I have no patience to towel dry. But my conditioners generally just say to squeeze excess water out, not towel dry so it's not a problem.

lithostoic
August 12th, 2018, 05:41 PM
I just squeeze it out. I think the presence of some water helps.

Jo Ann
August 12th, 2018, 08:21 PM
I wrap a towel around my head and squeeze, between every rinse out, even ROO. It just doesn't make sense to me to try to put something "moisturizing" on something that is dripping wet.

But that's just me and my opinion. Besides, my hair seems to like it treated that way... :shrug:

Ylva
August 12th, 2018, 08:25 PM
I towel dry with a microfiber towel prior to conditioners and hair masks. I have porous hair, so I think it's beneficial for me to remove some of the water, so there's room for something else in the hair, too.

Flipgirl24
August 12th, 2018, 09:17 PM
I towel dry my hair before I condition. I feel like my hair is better conditioned than when it is diluted by the water in my hair. Plus I leave it on so water would drip into my eyes. I use the same towel but really i just put it up in the turban style after rinsing the conditioner out.

Lady Stardust
August 13th, 2018, 04:01 AM
I squeeze the water out and very briefly blot my hair dry, just wrap the towel, blot and off again. I use the same towel afterwards. I’ve done this for years and it works better for me than applying conditioner to dripping wet (squeezed) hair. If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

lapushka
August 13th, 2018, 04:32 AM
I just squeeze it out. I think the presence of some water helps.

Yes, I strongly believe that too!

Bryndhildr
August 13th, 2018, 07:58 AM
I squeeze water out with the hands but also use a towel gently afterwards. I hate the feeling from dripping wet hair and I found since doing this, my conditioning efforts seem to work a lot better.