PDA

View Full Version : I worked out my hair growth speed

elfynity
August 12th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I looked at past photos and put them in date order, ranging from 2010 to now and was able to calculate an average growth of between a quarter inch to a third inch per month. That is through a few hair dyes, but no trimming. I think that is painfully slow, but at least it grows. as I said before somewhere else, I haven't seen much growth over the last few months, but at a quarter inch, with wavy hair, that is hard to pick up on.

lapis_lazuli
August 12th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I've done the same before - I also worked mine out to be slower than average, but I appreciated seeing that it was actually growing. I'm never conscious of hair getting longer, but trust me, it is all the time :)

LittleHealthy
August 12th, 2018, 02:48 PM
Don’t feel like it’s too bad, my hair grows a little under half an inch per month. In 17 months it has grown 8.5 inches which is right on half, but some months I didn’t actually get anywhere, length wise and other months (after I fell pregnant) I sort of ‘caught up’.
Someone on here said something lovely and it has stuck with me - they said to make the most of your hair right now because it will never be this short again! It’s a nice way to think about it. Make the most of some updos which people with super long hair can’t quite do anymore, make the most of a shorter drying time etc.