PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I'm new here!

TeaAndSketches
August 9th, 2018, 01:12 PM
Hello everyone,

I've always wanted to join this community but never gathered the courage to do so until now. I decided to join because I have a strong passion towards hair and growing it long but I feel like I didn't have people around me that cared about it as much as I do. I have been through quite a few changes since 2014 with my hair starting with a major chop to a pixie cut, growing it out for three years to BSL, and then cutting it in mid-June 2018 to shoulder length. I cut it because I thought I needed a change and so I cut it with some layers and soon realized I regretted the haircut ever since I cut it. My hair grows fairly quickly, but having cut off such a huge amount has been very upsetting. After this experience, I am now on the path to growing it all back and reaching hip length.

Any tips or motivation would be greatly appreciated!

embee
August 10th, 2018, 04:56 AM
Welcome to the forum! Just hang in there and let your hair grow. It gets much easier once there are updo possibilities, at least in my experience. :) Sorry about the short layers, some folks love them, others hate them. It will all grow out though, patience is the word.

Sarahlabyrinth
August 10th, 2018, 06:26 AM
Welcome here! We'll all help you with your hair growing journey :)

ravenskey
August 10th, 2018, 07:15 AM
Welcome to LHC!

If you cut in mid-June you could join one of lapushka's no-trim challenges - even if you don't plan to trim anyway it's a good way to find motivation.
Also join one of the length threads - I'm pretty sure there's a SL to APL one.

lapushka
August 10th, 2018, 07:53 AM
I have been through quite a few changes since 2014 with my hair starting with a major chop to a pixie cut, growing it out for three years to BSL, and then cutting it in mid-June 2018 to shoulder length. I cut it because I thought I needed a change and so I cut it with some layers and soon realized I regretted the haircut ever since I cut it. My hair grows fairly quickly, but having cut off such a huge amount has been very upsetting. After this experience, I am now on the path to growing it all back and reaching hip length.

Welcome to the forum.

It's been mentioned but you could join the no-trimming challenge for 2018, for the second half, you trimmed in time to still be able to enter it! I'll link it here:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143313

TatsuOni
August 11th, 2018, 08:28 AM
Welcome! :)

TeaAndSketches
August 11th, 2018, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum! Just hang in there and let your hair grow. It gets much easier once there are updo possibilities, at least in my experience. :) Sorry about the short layers, some folks love them, others hate them. It will all grow out though, patience is the word.

Thank you very much! I will definitely feel more motivated now that I have the help of such lovely people, who all have a goal in mind!