PDA

View Full Version : Cholesterol hair treatments/ Queen Hellene

Milkchocolate
August 9th, 2018, 09:42 AM
My hair has been feeling very brittle, dry and coarse. After I wash it, it just turns hard all the time. It has me very worried :( I’ve tried masks and deep conditioning. No matter what i do, it always feels coarse after.

I’ve seen Queen Helene Cholesterol hair cream mentioned. I want to try this now but have read that’s it’s a tricky cream to use?
Do you guys recommend it? And for those who have a already tried it and loved it, what are your methods?

Any advice would help because I’ve been so worried about the state of my hair for the past few days already :,(

nycelle
August 9th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Are the conditioners you're using heavy on protein? It might be as easy as doing protein free deep conditioning treatments.

Milkchocolate
August 9th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Are the conditioners you're using heavy on protein? It might be as easy as doing protein free deep conditioning treatments.

No protein that I know of.. Aussie 3 min moisture and Garnier Fructise Honey mask are the ones I’ve tried this week.

*Wednesday*
August 9th, 2018, 11:17 AM
I used Queen Helene Cholesterol when my hair was very damaged. I would use it once weekly for 4 weeks and after that, every two weeks. After I shampooed, I would place in my hair with a cap and let it sit for two hours with a warm wash cloth on top of the cap. This was recommended to me by a Black hair stylist in a beauty supply store. My hair was breaking off. It didn’t stop it, the breakage but it helped until it was all trimmed away.

Honestly, I couldn’t properly grow my hair, I was trying to save what was left of the ends. I had to keep my hair at shoulder length for a while. That’s my story.

Milkchocolate
August 9th, 2018, 12:01 PM
I used Queen Helene Cholesterol when my hair was very damaged. I would use it once weekly for 4 weeks and after that, every two weeks. After I shampooed, I would place in my hair with a cap and let it sit for two hours with a warm wash cloth on top of the cap. This was recommended to me by a Black hair stylist in a beauty supply store. My hair was breaking off. It didn’t stop it, the breakage but it helped until it was all trimmed away.

Honestly, I couldn’t properly grow my hair, I was trying to save what was left of the ends. I had to keep my hair at shoulder length for a while. That’s my story.

Oh goodness I’m sorry to hear that your hair was breaking off, from what I see in your picture it looks to be in nice condition now and very full looking with pretty waves! (I think we might have similar texture) would you say the Cholesterol cream helped you the most out of all the other products you maybe tried? Or could you have completely done without it?

*Wednesday*
August 9th, 2018, 12:46 PM
Thank you :) That was 15/16 year ago. Just to give you some background….I have naturally dark brown hair, it’s fine. I’ve been dabbling in hair color since I was 13. Between 20 and 32 was a color jumper. I would dye it to light golden brown with blondish highlights. Get tired of it. Dye it Black. Then go to Auburn with reddish highlights. Get the color stripped out to go light golden brown again with highlights…and back to black or dark brown. I would do the highlights at home sometimes and the one time I had a few strands which was like a rubber band and literally I broke it off when I pulled on it. I then decided to get my hair braided so I wouldn’t touch it. I kept the braids in for 2 weeks. When I took it out, hair broke off even more. That’s when I was at the beauty supply store and the woman said, “Leave your hair alone is the only way to get rid of that mess.” Thus the recommendation for the Queen Helene. I didn’t notice how much my hair thinned and broken pieces I had until I started to see hair grow back over the months. My wave texture was even gone on the longer lengths. To put into the mix, I was an avid curling ironist. Several times a week. I’m surprised my hair never fell out.

I would use hot oil treatments and hair masks which at the time didn’t help stop the breakage as well as the cholesterol. The cholesterol seemed to be the magic bullet for the condition my hair was in. You can try it and see if it helps you. If not, maybe someone else can recommend something. Just remember, the breakage will still be there until it is cut out. If you have that breakage growing out where it reaches 4 years in length will still need special treatments. I opted to slowly cut away for the next 2 years. It was a ball and chain on the rest of my hair. At the time could not have done without it.

Dark40
August 9th, 2018, 08:28 PM
I've started using Queen Heleme Cholesterol Conditioning Cream after a bad experience with hair breakage. A hair stylist recommended it to me for brittle and dry hair. Believe me, it really saved my hair and ends. I agree with "Wednesday," use it after shampooing once a week, and then slike up on doing it once every 2 weeks. I really think you should continue to use it once a week for deep moisturizing conditioning treatment. Especially, if your needs moisture.

Milkchocolate
August 9th, 2018, 08:38 PM
I've started using Queen Heleme Cholesterol Conditioning Cream after a bad experience with hair breakage. A hair stylist recommended it to me for brittle and dry hair. Believe me, it really saved my hair and ends. I agree with "Wednesday," use it after shampooing once a week, and then slike up on doing it once every 2 weeks. I really think you should continue to use it once a week for deep moisturizing conditioning treatment. Especially, if your needs moisture.

Thanks for your input!! I’ll try it and let you guys know my thoughts :)

Dark40
August 9th, 2018, 08:41 PM
Thanks for your input!! I’ll try it and let you guys know my thoughts :)

You're welcome!! :) Ok, keep us posted on your thoughts

Milkchocolate
August 9th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Thank you :) That was 15/16 year ago. Just to give you some background….I have naturally dark brown hair, it’s fine. I’ve been dabbling in hair color since I was 13. Between 20 and 32 was a color jumper. I would dye it to light golden brown with blondish highlights. Get tired of it. Dye it Black. Then go to Auburn with reddish highlights. Get the color stripped out to go light golden brown again with highlights…and back to black or dark brown. I would do the highlights at home sometimes and the one time I had a few strands which was like a rubber band and literally I broke it off when I pulled on it. I then decided to get my hair braided so I wouldn’t touch it. I kept the braids in for 2 weeks. When I took it out, hair broke off even more. That’s when I was at the beauty supply store and the woman said, “Leave your hair alone is the only way to get rid of that mess.” Thus the recommendation for the Queen Helene. I didn’t notice how much my hair thinned and broken pieces I had until I started to see hair grow back over the months. My wave texture was even gone on the longer lengths. To put into the mix, I was an avid curling ironist. Several times a week. I’m surprised my hair never fell out.

I would use hot oil treatments and hair masks which at the time didn’t help stop the breakage as well as the cholesterol. The cholesterol seemed to be the magic bullet for the condition my hair was in. You can try it and see if it helps you. If not, maybe someone else can recommend something. Just remember, the breakage will still be there until it is cut out. If you have that breakage growing out where it reaches 4 years in length will still need special treatments. I opted to slowly cut away for the next 2 years. It was a ball and chain on the rest of my hair. At the time could not have done without it.

Oh gosh, most of us have been through our hair coloring phases when we were younger. I can totally relate to your story!! No one tells us the dangers... or if they do we just ignored it lol!! Thank you for sharing and I’m glad that your hair seems to be growing healthier now. We live and we learn :) Golden rule: Just leave it alone!! Haha =)