PDA

View Full Version : Oh wow 😮😮😮

timeschild
August 9th, 2018, 06:43 AM
So my satin sleep cap came in yesterday and I used it. Bit weird getting used to it. At one point it came off I move a lot. But I also wake up a lot so I put it back on. But OMG YALL I woke up took it off and have such pretty waves in my hair this morning is that a normal thing or is it because my hair was still slightly damp from my shower?

MoonRabbit
August 9th, 2018, 04:46 PM
Not sure what your hair texture is, do you have straighter hair, slight waves? If your hair tends to be more straight but have the ability to hold waves, I am guessing the sleep cap kind of worked as a plopping technique while your hair was still a bit damp.

Sleep caps do help my hair prolong my natural wave pattern. I just don't like sleeping with something on my head.

timeschild
August 9th, 2018, 07:05 PM
I am still working out what hair yup exactly I have a mix of straight and different levels of wavy with some corcknscrew curls around the edges of my hair like the sides of my forehead. And back if my neck. Iv tryed to do the typing thing with conditioner but just get confused because it’s different all over.

MoonRabbit
August 10th, 2018, 10:52 AM
I am still working out what hair yup exactly I have a mix of straight and different levels of wavy with some corcknscrew curls around the edges of my hair like the sides of my forehead. And back if my neck. Iv tryed to do the typing thing with conditioner but just get confused because it’s different all over.

You could possibly be a 2c, which is S style waves with the random curl here and there but I can't be sure. You can always take a hair typing photo (wash as normal and do not comb or touch it and take a photo once dry) . I'm sure many members here will be able to help you out.

lapushka
August 10th, 2018, 01:21 PM
You could possibly be a 2c, which is S style waves with the random curl here and there but I can't be sure. You can always take a hair typing photo (wash as normal and do not comb or touch it and take a photo once dry) . I'm sure many members here will be able to help you out.

Yes we will gladly help you. If I look at your signature, that's more on the straight side, but that may be brushed out for all I know! :flower: Yes, please do a hairtyping picture.

I'm glad you had pretty waves after a good night's rest. :)

timeschild
August 10th, 2018, 10:47 PM
Iv changes my signature pic to show the back of May hair hopefully this helps with typing

Reyn127
August 11th, 2018, 12:26 AM
A sleep cap could definitely serve as somewhat of an alternative to plopping, which is basically wrapping up damp hair on top of your head to bring out the waves. Especially if your hair is slightly wavy already, having it dry overnight in your sleep cap could probably encourage waves pretty well.

I personally could never get it to stay on the entire night without tying it uncomfortably tight, but I wish you luck with yours!

lapushka
August 11th, 2018, 06:00 AM
Iv changes my signature pic to show the back of May hair hopefully this helps with typing

That looks like about 1b to me, maybe 1b/c.

timeschild
August 20th, 2018, 07:16 PM
That looks like about 1b to me, maybe 1b/c.

Oh thank you so much