PDA

View Full Version : Kirkland shampoo+conditioner canada

Waterlilly21
August 4th, 2018, 06:03 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Kirkland brand shampoo and conditioner in Canada? Is it any different to the one in the states? I’ve been looking up reviews which all seem to be really good online but it shows the American bottles on the photos and I’m not sure if any of the reviews were written by Canadians. I’m hoping it’s the same formula or similar at least because I just bought both shampoo and conditioners (red bottles here).

AutobotsAttack
August 4th, 2018, 10:05 PM
I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Kirkland brand shampoo and conditioner in Canada? Is it any different to the one in the states? I’ve been looking up reviews which all seem to be really good online but it shows the American bottles on the photos and I’m not sure if any of the reviews were written by Canadians. I’m hoping it’s the same formula or similar at least because I just bought both shampoo and conditioners (red bottles here).

They are literally the exact same In The U.S and Canada. Kirkland is specifically exclusive to Costco. If the brand does change, Kirkland will be the one to change it, and it’ll typically be shipped out to most Costco’s.

I’m an employee at one stationed in Texas. Well....a returning employee. Same ingredients. Same logo. Same red bottles here. In fact they have about 5 other Kirkland lines. Some may or may not be present at every last store, but they do get rotated out. That’s what they call products that are “In Season”. “Out of season” products get rotated according to consumer rates/numbers, or holidays.

I have a friend in Maryland who swears by Costco and she buys the same shampoo and conditioners. Same everything.

So you’ll be just fine using those brands. I get them too when I remember. But when I get off I’m just ready to leave. Lol

lapushka
August 5th, 2018, 04:04 AM
They do sound like a good brand! :)

ETA: our Belgian version of your Costco is called "Colruyt" here. It's a bulk-store, the more you buy the cheaper it gets, and it's usually big quantity everything.

Waterlilly21
August 5th, 2018, 05:56 AM
They are literally the exact same In The U.S and Canada. Kirkland is specifically exclusive to Costco. If the brand does change, Kirkland will be the one to change it, and it’ll typically be shipped out to most Costco’s.

I’m an employee at one stationed in Texas. Well....a returning employee. Same ingredients. Same logo. Same red bottles here. In fact they have about 5 other Kirkland lines. Some may or may not be present at every last store, but they do get rotated out. That’s what they call products that are “In Season”. “Out of season” products get rotated according to consumer rates/numbers, or holidays.

I have a friend in Maryland who swears by Costco and she buys the same shampoo and conditioners. Same everything.

So you’ll be just fine using those brands. I get them too when I remember. But when I get off I’m just ready to leave. Lol

Wow thanks so much! Yea I was wondering cause I’ve been seeing the purple and tan bottles in American reviews and was a bit worried. That was exactly what I needed to know!

Waterlilly21
August 5th, 2018, 06:02 AM
They do sound like a good brand! :)

ETA: our Belgian version of your Costco is called "Colruyt" here. It's a bulk-store, the more you buy the cheaper it gets, and it's usually big quantity everything.

I didn’t realize they had that type of store in. Belgium. I knew there was one in Holland when I grew up there. My cousins and family live in Belgium though so I’ll see if they’ve ever been there when I go visit next. Big Bulk stores are fun. Wonder if it’s same company as Costco but renamed or it’s own?

lapushka
August 5th, 2018, 07:44 AM
I didn’t realize they had that type of store in. Belgium. I knew there was one in Holland when I grew up there. My cousins and family live in Belgium though so I’ll see if they’ve ever been there when I go visit next. Big Bulk stores are fun. Wonder if it’s same company as Costco but renamed or it’s own?

I don't think it's the same company. It is a store by "Jef Colruyt". It is quite a popular store in Belgium - everyone knows this store!

Daylilly
August 5th, 2018, 12:06 PM
I don't know if it's the same in Canada but I just really wanted to comment about how much I love this shampoo and conditioner! It has been a game changer for me and I finally found the right product for my hair.

Waterlilly21
August 5th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I don't know if it's the same in Canada but I just really wanted to comment about how much I love this shampoo and conditioner! It has been a game changer for me and I finally found the right product for my hair.

That makes me happy to hear because I bought the two pack of the shampoo and conditioner sets

AutobotsAttack
August 5th, 2018, 05:51 PM

It’s been said that they are the exact same.

Waterlilly21
August 5th, 2018, 07:23 PM

Hey sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering. By 5 other Kirkland lines do you mean 5 other types of Kirkland shampoos and conditioners (the ones we got are the signature moisturizing ones) cause i didn’t realize they had other options than just moisturizing if that’s the case. If that’s not what you mean by lines then I apologize I was just curious if that’s what you meant.

AutobotsAttack
August 7th, 2018, 11:05 AM
Hey sorry if this is a dumb question but I was wondering. By 5 other Kirkland lines do you mean 5 other types of Kirkland shampoos and conditioners (the ones we got are the signature moisturizing ones) cause i didn’t realize they had other options than just moisturizing if that’s the case. If that’s not what you mean by lines then I apologize I was just curious if that’s what you meant.

I don’t like classifying questions as dumb. If you ever ask me a question, it’s a valid question, so please feel free to ask. I just had to say that. Lol

And yes, I meant 5 other Kirkland lines of shampoo and conditioner. There’s the moisturizing line, I think one that’s like strenghting/oil, hydrating line, and one that’s supposed to be a clarifying/balance type shampoo and conditioner set. I haven’t seen the clarifying one rotated back in our store for some months. So I’m not not sure which stores have all the possible lines they offer, but my store has a decent combination of lines.