PDA

View Full Version : 15 months of squiggy's progress (pic heavy)

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 01:31 PM
ok so its been about 3 months since ive last shown progress..

ive trimmed off almost 7 inches during the last 15 months.. and even though i did so much trimming i still made pretty good progress..

ive finally hit 30 inches after waiting for so long..
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
here is me a week or 2 before joining
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/mecampblurface.jpg
my hair was a little past shoulder but nowhere near apl.. this is what happened to my hair when my pink dye faded out actually i think there may have been some blue in there.. which would explain the dark dingy colored areas.. i couldnt even get all of my hair into a stubby pony tail yet because it was so short

here is me a few weeks after i joined right after my first henna.. my hair hadnt reached apl yet but it was getting there.. im pretty sure this was taken in september 2007.
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hair.jpg
somewhere between these two pictures i trimmed off 2 inches
here is me in november 2007
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/1105071325crop.jpg
im a tiny bit past bsl in the picture.. wow i was so skinny then... not that im fat now.. just not so scarily thin..

here is me in december 2007 looking a bit longer its curling up at the ends so it looks fuller..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/dec2007lengthshot.jpg

february pics..here is february 2008 second day hair.. everyone likes the color in this one.. i wore the stripey shirt to show how far i had till waist to go..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthfeb2008.jpg

here is march 2008 (about waist with scraggly damaged ends) the ends were so awful..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthmarch30th2008small.jpg

here is my trim back to bsl in april 2008
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/trimapril5th2008small.jpg
most of my layers are gone now.. 4 inches trimmed so far since joining.. i wonder how long my hair would be if it hadnt needed the trims... it felt so weird and short

the may picture was cut out because i cant have that many pictures in a post

june pic was cut for the same reason as the may pic
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

here is end of june/early july 2008. you can see how my underside grows faster than my canopy.. please excuse the fly aways i cant seem to get a day without wind to take pictures..
http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/lengthshotjune25th2008.jpg)
clickable
from this picture i can see just how far ive got to go until i reach classic.. my hair looks like it will have to be twice the length to reach classic..

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/th_augustlength2008.jpg (http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/augustlength2008.jpg)clickable
well here is my hair august 5th 2008
its very dirty and greasy but whatever.. atleast when its dirty it will lay flat instead of flying around in the breeze... it looks just as thick as the other pictures when its freshly washed.. dont be fooled by how its lying flat.. its just really greasy and dirty and weighed down..its not any thinner..

===============================================
november 2008..

after horrible professional trim in september.. (i asked for half an inch and she cut off almost 2 inches) whatever atleast my ends are sort of even.. my layers are finally gone.. however my underside grows faster than my canopy so i still have to wait a while before my bleach damage on my canopy grows out..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
the orange line by my shoulder shows about where my hair was in september 2007..

the second orange line shows about how long my hair would be if i hadnt had to trim off so much hair.. it was my original goal length..
dont be fooled though its nowhere near tailbone.. ive got a long bottom.. my tailbone is like 3 inches from the second orange line..

my hips start about 2 inches from my waist so im guessing 3-4 months until i hit them.. then maybe a year after that until i hit tailbone..

hmm my hair almost looks brown indoors.. i would have turned on the flash but the camera was just about out of juice.. you will just have to take my word that my hair is still as red as ever..

finally 30 inches

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 01:35 PM
jealous - jealous - gorgeous color, amazing length, and slender on top of that!!
________
G-POWER (http://www.bmw-tech.org/wiki/G-Power)

birthmarkie
November 2nd, 2008, 01:36 PM
Congratulations on your hair's amazing transformation! :D

AnneAdeline
November 2nd, 2008, 01:39 PM
Wow, great progress! Your color looks so amazing.

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 01:42 PM
jealous - jealous - gorgeous color, amazing length, and slender on top of that!!
thanks :D what do you mean slender.. ive never had my hair called slender before..

Congratulations on your hair's amazing transformation! :D
thanks:cheese: its so much better now.. its weird when i think about how badly damaged my hair was before tlhc.. it was dry and bleached and highly flammable (found that one out the hard way)
now it mostly behaves except for the horrible matts that i battle when i leave my hair down..

rileysmama32208
November 2nd, 2008, 01:45 PM
so beautiful! What great progress :) Thanks for sharing, i love looking at pics!

Golden21
Wow! I love your progress pictures. You have a great growth rate!

Speckla
thanks :D what do you mean slender.. ive never had my hair called slender before..

you have a slender figure, not hair!
________
Honda Pilot (http://www.honda-wiki.org/wiki/Honda_Pilot)

Vitalai
November 2nd, 2008, 01:47 PM
Wow, you've made amazing progress! Your hair is beautiful, and what a stunning color!

Monsterkitti
November 2nd, 2008, 01:48 PM
Such a huge change, really amazing progress! :)

girlcat36
November 2nd, 2008, 01:51 PM
I am totally jealous of that thick, beautiful mane!

neon-dream
November 2nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
I love your hair, it's beauutiful!:)
xxxx

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 02:22 PM
so beautiful! What great progress :) Thanks for sharing, i love looking at pics!
thanks! yeah i love when people post pics too:)

Wow! I love your progress pictures. You have a great growth rate!
thanks.. im not sure how fast my hair grows but im glad that with all the trimming i still made progress..:)

you have a slender figure, not hair!
oh.. ooooh ok that makes more sense..

Wow, you've made amazing progress! Your hair is beautiful, and what a stunning color!
thanks.. yeah i love how henna looks different in every light..

Such a huge change, really amazing progress!
*blush* aw thanks. :)

I am totally jealous of that thick, beautiful mane!
your hair has been looking thicker lately.. i was just noticing..

I love your hair, it's beauutiful!:)
xxxx
:cheese:thanks!!

Carolyn
November 2nd, 2008, 02:28 PM
Wow Squiggy your hair looks wonderful. That's some growth rate you have! Don't worry about the trim. I know how unhappy you were when it happened but if it got rid of some layers and damage it was for the best. I think your hair looks so nice and healthy.

CaraLynn
November 2nd, 2008, 03:12 PM
:agape: Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous squiggy, as are you!

Sighridh
November 2nd, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow, that is great to see, and beautiful hair. I'm inspired!

Addy
November 2nd, 2008, 04:27 PM
:agape: Awesome growth rate you got going on there!

I hope I can keep up with ya! :eyebrows: :D

JessTheMess
November 2nd, 2008, 04:37 PM
Holy Moley!!!! I think you break the record for fastest growth lol. Your hair looks amazinggggg!!! Congrats!:cheese::cheese::cheese:

DavidN
November 2nd, 2008, 05:06 PM
What wonderful progress, Squiggy, and your hair is so incredibly thick, and it grows so quickly!

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Your hair is looking lovely! It looks so nice in the first pictures, but in the last pictures it looks breathtaking! Well done!

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 05:19 PM
Wow Squiggy your hair looks wonderful. That's some growth rate you have! Don't worry about the trim. I know how unhappy you were when it happened but if it got rid of some layers and damage it was for the best. I think your hair looks so nice and healthy.
thanks for the compliment!:D yeah i guess the trim did help a bit.. i hate that im still going to have to trim like 7 inches because of my slow growing canopy.. my underside grows like lightning in comparison.. my canopy still has so much bleach damage..

Wow! Your hair is absolutely gorgeous squiggy, as are you!
awww thank you! :cheese:

Wow, that is great to see, and beautiful hair. I'm inspired!
thanks! its always nice to inspire a new member.. :D
its weird to think i was a new member 15 months ago..

:agape: Awesome growth rate you got going on there!

I hope I can keep up with ya! :eyebrows: :D
keep up? alright if you want a race you got one.. hehe:D
your hair is 22 inches.. i think that was the length i was in august when i joined..

Holy Moley!!!! I think you break the record for fastest growth lol. Your hair looks amazinggggg!!! Congrats!:cheese::cheese::cheese:
i dont know ajoifulnoise might have me beat.. hers always seems to grow faster..

i wonder whose hair on this site grows the fastest..

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 05:23 PM
What wonderful progress, Squiggy, and your hair is so incredibly thick, and it grows so quickly!
thanks.. and thanks for always posting in my progress threads.. i dont think ive ever had one without you saying something kind in it.. so an extra thankyou for that

Your hair is looking lovely! It looks so nice in the first pictures, but in the last pictures it looks breathtaking! Well done!
awww thanks.. :cheese:

hey everyone
do you all think i can call myself waist now.. or am i still at the "can i call this waist" length?

NightDaemon
November 2nd, 2008, 09:32 PM
Very nice! <3

Gumball
November 2nd, 2008, 09:50 PM
What a lot of progress you've made squiggy! Your hair is looking gorgeous! I love the color.

Angellen
November 2nd, 2008, 10:39 PM
If your hands are at waist in that last pic (and I think they are), then I'd say you're certainly at waist. Congrats!

RavennaNight
November 3rd, 2008, 12:07 AM
Wow. I always stand in awe of your growth rate. Your hair is really pretty and thick! Congrats on the growing!

Teazel
November 3rd, 2008, 12:27 AM
Well done, Squiggy! All the trimming was worth it 'cos now you've got gorgeous, waistlength hair! :D

winter_star
November 3rd, 2008, 01:47 AM
Congratulation Squiggy! Your hair has made great progress since your last progress pics a few months ago. It's become so much thicker and full along the bottom. Looking really healthy.

Seraphina
November 3rd, 2008, 02:45 AM
Wow,what gorgeous hair! Congrats!

tiny_teesha
November 3rd, 2008, 03:07 AM
You hair is looking superb as always squiggy!

Nat242
November 3rd, 2008, 03:07 AM
Beautiful! I wish my hair grew as quickly and as beautifully as yours.

squiggyflop
November 3rd, 2008, 05:45 AM
What a lot of progress you've made squiggy! Your hair is looking gorgeous! I love the color.
thanks! yeah there is progress but when i look at that orange line by my butt i get annoyed at myself for all the bleach and pink hair dye i forced my hair to endure.. it would have been cool to have gone from shoulder to my original goal length in just 15 months..

If your hands are at waist in that last pic (and I think they are), then I'd say you're certainly at waist. Congrats!

Wow. I always stand in awe of your growth rate. Your hair is really pretty and thick! Congrats on the growing!
thanks.. im glad it grew fast.. ive cut off more than most people grow in a year so if it didnt grow fast i would probably still be close to shoulder.. that would be awful..

Well done, Squiggy! All the trimming was worth it 'cos now you've got gorgeous, waistlength hair! :D
thanks!:cheese:
yay so its finally waist length!!

Congratulation Squiggy! Your hair has made great progress since your last progress pics a few months ago. It's become so much thicker and full along the bottom. Looking really healthy.
thanks!
yeah i didnt realize how much thicker it had gotten at the bottom until i took the picture.. i guess that last trim wasnt as bad as i thought.. i still would have preferred if the lady cut off the amount i told her to.. it does look nice though with th blunt hem..

Wow,what gorgeous hair! Congrats!
thanks!:D

You hair is looking superb as always squiggy!
awww thanks.. actually my hair looks quite awful most days.. but those arent the days i show you all.. hehe

Beautiful! I wish my hair grew as quickly and as beautifully as yours.
thanks! most of the growth happened earlier in the year when i was taking vitamins.. it grows at a sort of normal rate now. the vitamins i was taking went up in price so i cant buy them anymore.. oh well.. they were yucky anyway..

LutraLutra
November 3rd, 2008, 06:17 AM
Ooh, nice growing squiggy. :)

squiggyflop
November 3rd, 2008, 04:02 PM
Ooh, nice growing squiggy. :)

for some reason reaching waist was sort of a let down.. it just doesnt feel long yet.. i was hoping that once i had nice blunt ends at waist it would feel long but im betting it wont feel long until im at hip length..

mew
November 3rd, 2008, 04:08 PM
dear lady that is amazing growth (and beautiful hair)! Mine does about 3 inches a year if i am lucky! *gasp*

Stacy_E
November 3rd, 2008, 04:51 PM
That's wonderful progress, Squiggyflop! In your latest photo your hair looks so healthy, and your hemline looks so thick! And to your waist! I'm envious!

galleth
November 3rd, 2008, 05:15 PM
Oh WOW! What amazing growth! Your hair is GORGEOUS! :)

Stagecoach
November 3rd, 2008, 05:21 PM
Beautiful, beautiful hair!

Tressie
November 3rd, 2008, 05:25 PM
squiggy, You have done a great job of growing!! Your hair look so healthy too! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your lovely pics! (o:

mellie
November 3rd, 2008, 05:27 PM
Heck yeah!! Beautiful hair, Squiggyflop, and awesome growth!! Dial in some of that over my way! :-)

squiggyflop
November 4th, 2008, 05:48 AM
dear lady that is amazing growth (and beautiful hair)! Mine does about 3 inches a year if i am lucky! *gasp*
thank you! im not sure how fast mine grows but it does seem rather fast when looking at the pictures..

That's wonderful progress, Squiggyflop! In your latest photo your hair looks so healthy, and your hemline looks so thick! And to your waist! I'm envious!
thanks.. yay annother vote for me finally hitting waist..

Oh WOW! What amazing growth! Your hair is GORGEOUS! :)
*blush*

Beautiful, beautiful hair!

squiggy, You have done a great job of growing!! Your hair look so healthy too! Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing your lovely pics! (o:
i dont know about doing a great job.. but thank you!

Heck yeah!! Beautiful hair, Squiggyflop, and awesome growth!! Dial in some of that over my way! :-)
hehe.. this one made me laugh.. thanks

Katze
November 4th, 2008, 06:10 AM
your hair is so beautiful and looks so healthy and shiny! I am envious of the thick blunt hemline, even in the pics where you say it isn't. :)

Trimming seems to have been a good thing in your case. You have hair that you could really show off. And it has grown SO fast, despite the trims. I think I joined before you and have hovered between shoulder and BSL the whole time.

Your color, wave, everything are beautiful! Keep up the good work!

jojo
November 4th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Im always inspired by your growth and incredibly jealous! I joined roughly the same time as you and was 3" shorter back then and still have another 12 months to reach you! your hair looks the best ive ever seen it, keep the photos coming!

utdesertrunner
November 4th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Your hair grows SO fast! I'm jealous! It looks gorgeous too, so thick and healthy!

Sherri
November 4th, 2008, 01:40 PM
Simply beautiful hair you have and very impressed with growth. It is so funny to see someone else growth progress but not your own. I guess because you look at it everyday.

squiggyflop
November 5th, 2008, 06:01 AM
your hair is so beautiful and looks so healthy and shiny! I am envious of the thick blunt hemline, even in the pics where you say it isn't. :)

Trimming seems to have been a good thing in your case. You have hair that you could really show off. And it has grown SO fast, despite the trims. I think I joined before you and have hovered between shoulder and BSL the whole time.

Your color, wave, everything are beautiful! Keep up the good work!
thanks! you sure know how to flatter a girl!:cheese:

Im always inspired by your growth and incredibly jealous! I joined roughly the same time as you and was 3" shorter back then and still have another 12 months to reach you! your hair looks the best ive ever seen it, keep the photos coming!
thanks!.. yup ill keep the photos coming but not every month like i used to.. its just growing too slow right now for anyone to be able to see any progress in a single month..

Your hair grows SO fast! I'm jealous! It looks gorgeous too, so thick and healthy!
thanks! its so weird when people tell me my hair looks thick.. ive always thought of it as thin.. hmmm

Simply beautiful hair you have and very impressed with growth. It is so funny to see someone else growth progress but not your own. I guess because you look at it everyday.
thanks:)..yeah its weird when i look at other peoples progress pics.. they either look like they grow super slow or super fast..

squiggyflop
November 5th, 2008, 03:39 PM
Very nice! <3

Hudar
November 6th, 2008, 10:58 AM
i love your hair wow!!

sahiba
November 6th, 2008, 11:07 AM
What an inspirational progress.

ktani
November 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
You have beautiful, thick hair and it looks really healthy now.

Nicely done!

Trims to remove damage are important IMO, but they do not have to be drastic.

I like your colour too. Gorgeous!

squiggyflop
November 8th, 2008, 09:40 AM
i love your hair wow!!
thanks!:)

What an inspirational progress.
thanks!
my progress is mainly luck.. i do very little for my hair.. i did switch to a wooden bristle brush but i think i did that more for my sanity as it doesnt catch hairs and hurt me like other brushes.. i recently tried a regular brush and was shocked at how much it hurt my scalp to use it.. i did take vitamins for a while..

You have beautiful, thick hair and it looks really healthy now.

Nicely done!

Trims to remove damage are important IMO, but they do not have to be drastic.

I like your colour too. Gorgeous!
thanks:cheese:.. yeah my trimming was kind of drastic.. but i swear last time it wasnt supposed to be.. it was supposed to be less than a half inch.. i really should buy annother pair of hair scissors.. though if my trims hadnt been drastic my canopy would be like 6 inches shorter than my underside.. i wonder what that would look like.. i wish that the hair would grow all at the same speed.. well atleast i got rid of alot of bleach damage this year:D

Ryanne
November 8th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Beautiful! Great colour too.

fleurdelis
November 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Wow, looks amazing!

ScrimHazard
November 8th, 2008, 07:48 PM
Shoooo-ooot! Look at that length! Way to go!!!

squiggyflop
November 9th, 2008, 05:17 PM
Beautiful! Great colour too.
thanks!

Wow, looks amazing!
thanks!!:cheese:

Shoooo-ooot! Look at that length! Way to go!!!
yay!!!!!!! thanks for the compliment!.. and i needed it too after i just found out my digital camera is broken.. so now i cant post pics of the new prettys i started making today..

*BelievingAgain
November 9th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Squiggy, that's just.... GOBSMACKINGLY amazing progress. I know I've mentioned your rate of growth, but I just have to mention it again... You are one very lucky lady, yay for your genes!! Your colour and condition looks fantastic, I love your hair when it's all wavy and thick at the bottom, it looks so cool.
Well done you! :flower:

busnutmedic
November 9th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Congrats on all that growth and that lovely hair :)

squiggyflop
November 10th, 2008, 06:27 PM
Squiggy, that's just.... GOBSMACKINGLY amazing progress. I know I've mentioned your rate of growth, but I just have to mention it again... You are one very lucky lady, yay for your genes!! Your colour and condition looks fantastic, I love your hair when it's all wavy and thick at the bottom, it looks so cool.
Well done you! :flower:
thanks! i have very little control as to how wavy my hair is during any given day.. some days i wake up and its 2b and some days i wake up to nearly straight hair.. its just weird.. its so weird when all of you say my hair grows fast.. it seems sooooo slow to me.. but maybe thats because i look at it everyday.. its just not fast enough for me.. hehe..

Congrats on all that growth and that lovely hair :)
thanks!:cheese::D

GibsonGirlV
November 13th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I am absolutely astonished at how fast your hair grew! Only in my dreams does my hair come even close to growing that quickly. It would take me 2-3 times as long to see that kind of growth. I'm painfully jealous of course :p. Your hair is just beautiful. I love the colour and texture. Stunning!

Arctic_Mama
November 13th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Looks GREAT! Congratulations on your healthy hair and great growth, it really looks amazing!

~GypsyCurls~
November 13th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Beautiful hair! I love the color too :)

ladyfairington
November 13th, 2008, 07:51 PM
oooooh, i love your hair color!

my grandmother was irish ( but was raised in spain where she married my grandfather ) and she had the most wonderful green eyes and red hair.

my family says that i look just like her and, looking at her old pictures, i really do- just give her black hair and brown eyes and we'd look like twins.

i was always partial to her red hair that reached her waist, and yours is very much like hers.

it's beautiful just like you, congratulations on your growth! <3!

krspies
November 13th, 2008, 08:00 PM
wow the progress is amazing to watch unfold that way! You have beautiful hair.

manderly
November 13th, 2008, 08:35 PM
I am SO jealous of how fast your hair grows! It's as beautiful as ever, you lucky bug!

squiggyflop
November 15th, 2008, 08:18 AM
I am absolutely astonished at how fast your hair grew! Only in my dreams does my hair come even close to growing that quickly. It would take me 2-3 times as long to see that kind of growth. I'm painfully jealous of course :p. Your hair is just beautiful. I love the colour and texture. Stunning!
thanks! hmmm it seems really slow to me until i see the pictures.. and even when i see the pictures i dream of it growing even faster..

Looks GREAT! Congratulations on your healthy hair and great growth, it really looks amazing!
thank you!:cheese: i wonder how long my hair will be at my second anniversary.. im guessing hip since tailbone is so far away and its only 8 months til my anniversary..

Beautiful hair! I love the color too :)
thanks!:D

oooooh, i love your hair color!

my grandmother was irish ( but was raised in spain where she married my grandfather ) and she had the most wonderful green eyes and red hair.

my family says that i look just like her and, looking at her old pictures, i really do- just give her black hair and brown eyes and we'd look like twins.

i was always partial to her red hair that reached her waist, and yours is very much like hers.

it's beautiful just like you, congratulations on your growth! <3!
what a nice story.:) my hair is hennaed right now but im pretty sure my natural color is a brownish auburn.. oh how i wish my eyes were green.. my mom has eyes that are turquois with gray rims.. i wish i had her eyes instead of my dads boring brown eyes.. the only time that my eyes were cool looking is when i was born.. i was born with creepy black eyes that were so dark you couldnt see where the pupil was..

wow the progress is amazing to watch unfold that way! You have beautiful hair.
thanks! :)

I am SO jealous of how fast your hair grows! It's as beautiful as ever, you lucky bug!
thank you! and im not a lucky bug... im the lucky ducky:cool:.. hehe:D

ImmortaLamia
November 15th, 2008, 08:36 AM
nice progress squiggyflop (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=11918)! congratulations on the healthy, beautiful, shiny red hair you have!

kiora
November 15th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Wow, that is amazing. Gorgeous hair! :)

squiggyflop
November 17th, 2008, 05:06 PM
nice progress squiggyflop (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/member.php?u=11918)! congratulations on the healthy, beautiful, shiny red hair you have!
thanks!

Wow, that is amazing. Gorgeous hair! :)
aww thanks your so sweet!:cheese: