PDA

View Full Version : Hair potion mister help

timeschild
August 3rd, 2018, 11:17 AM
So I recently went and bought a Mister bottle and jojoba vitamins oil. What else should I get to make my hair mister potion. I am thinking water obviously and maybe shea? I am new to the making your hair stuff your self.

clandestine
August 3rd, 2018, 09:55 PM
I normally put a small squirt of conditioner, maybe some pure aloe vera gel, if you want to scent your hair you could use essential oils but make sure you've tested them before you go crazy. I've heard that you should use distilled water and refrigerate the spray to discourage mold growth but I only make a little and use it fairly quickly.

I think shea butter might be too thick. You can really cater the mixture to your needs.

Hope that helped some!

timeschild
August 4th, 2018, 08:07 AM
I normally put a small squirt of conditioner, maybe some pure aloe vera gel, if you want to scent your hair you could use essential oils but make sure you've tested them before you go crazy. I've heard that you should use distilled water and refrigerate the spray to discourage mold growth but I only make a little and use it fairly quickly.

I think shea butter might be too thick. You can really cater the mixture to your needs.

Hope that helped some!

Yeah thank you so much.

lapushka
August 4th, 2018, 08:54 AM
When I had a mister bottle I filled a 50ml container half because it's fresh and it doesn't keep long!

I used a bit of demineralized water, then a squirt of conditioner, some glycerine (if you like that), and an EO. That usually was enough for me. Shake well, then just go to town!