PDA

View Full Version : What is the fastest hair can grow every month?

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:22 PM
I know the average length per month is about 1/2 ", but I was wondering if anyone has super-fast growing hair or knows someone who does. How many inches per month?

peachy.pudding
November 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
The world record was 17 inches per year. My hair gains about 7.5 inches per year, i get this from my mum who grows about 12 inches per year, her blunt cut looks fairytale after a month.

arylkin
November 2nd, 2008, 12:31 PM
Well, my hair grew really fast this summer- two inches in three months- although my hair usually grows fast in the warm months and then slow in the cold ones (which is kind of weird I guess).

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 12:33 PM
mine is about 1" per month...but I've gained an inch in less than a month this time around.
________
Dodge Ram (Disambiguation) History (http://www.dodge-wiki.com/wiki/Dodge_Ram_(disambiguation))

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Wow.......17 inches. That's amazing.

freznow
November 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM
Well, my hair grew really fast this summer- two inches in three months- although my hair usually grows fast in the warm months and then slow in the cold ones (which is kind of weird I guess).

That's about what I get - only opposite. Stall in summer, growth spurt in winter.

with all that in mind, I imagine 2 inches per month in a growth spurt time would be almost the fastest a person's hair could grow, but it wouldn't be impossible for 3", maybe?

LutraLutra
November 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
Is misread that as "the world record was 17 inches per month" :D If only!

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
...........if only somone would invent MiracleGro for hair. I would buy it.

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM
Who is the person who grew 17 inches in a year? I would like to read more about it.

Also, wondering if certain hair types grow faster - curly, straight, black, brown.etc... Do certain races/ethnic groups of people have faster hair growth?

peachy.pudding
November 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
I think the problem is not the rate at which hair grows but the way in which we stop it growing through bad treatment, hair dye, heat etc. So when we finally want to grow it in our twenties, thirties etc, we have a long slow wait. If we had just left it alone since birth everybody here would have long floor length hair or terminal.

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 12:41 PM
Who is the person who grew 17 inches in a year? I would like to read more about it.

Also, wondering if certain hair types grow faster - curly, straight, black, brown.etc... Do certain races/ethnic groups of people have faster hair growth?

Curly hair won't necessarily grow faster but not relaxing, flat ironing, or blow drying will help us reach our goals faster because dry ends tend to break and make it harder to gain length.
________
Herbalaire (http://herbalairevaporizer.com/)

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:45 PM
Speckla, Have you read "Curly Girl"?

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 12:47 PM
Speckla, Have you read "Curly Girl"?

Yes, I read it last month. I Love it, I live it!
________
BAHA'I FAITH ADVICE (http://www.religionboard.org/bahai-faith/)

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 12:50 PM
Me, too! I bought it last month. I met a lady while camping during fall break and she told me all about it. I have not used shampoo since. :)

Speckla
November 2nd, 2008, 12:53 PM
Me, too! I bought it last month. I met a lady while camping during fall break and she told me all about it. I have not used shampoo since. :)

I've experienced less breakage since going CG! :cheese: That along with Biotin and MSM attributes to my fast growth.
________
MOTOR COMPANY CINCINNATI PLANT (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Ford_Motor_Company_Cincinnati_Plant)

Heidi_234
November 2nd, 2008, 01:03 PM
I don't know, but I might have just grown 1 inch in half a month. Or something of a kind, measurements can't be that inaccurate.

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 01:07 PM
Heidi, that's great. I'm being optimistic. I have just started measuring my hair. I'm going to have to learn patience. :)

squiggyflop
November 2nd, 2008, 01:37 PM
ive had over 2 inches in a single month for a few months in a row before.. but i was taking some vitamins at the time.. 17 inches in a year would be awesome

CaraLynn
November 2nd, 2008, 03:03 PM
Mine grows an inch per month in the summer, two to three inches per month in the winter. I don't know why it grows so fast. But it's nice! :D

WritingPrincess
November 2nd, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think the problem is not the rate at which hair grows but the way in which we stop it growing through bad treatment, hair dye, heat etc. So when we finally want to grow it in our twenties, thirties etc, we have a long slow wait. If we had just left it alone since birth everybody here would have long floor length hair or terminal.
Does that mean that mine will grow quicker? :) 'Cause, apart from keeping it between shoulder and hip until I was 12, I've always had virgin hair. Of course, I won't be able to say that when I get around to dying my ends purple.

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 05:55 PM
Squiggy,
What vitamins were you taking?

Meatball Head
November 2nd, 2008, 09:54 PM
my hairs deranged lmao...k so i stopped cutting nov 2005...its now nov 2008...its 22 inches longer now than it was then...but the thing is that for the past 2 years i seriously trim my hair like every week to every few days...whenever i have it up and i see fly away ends i cut them off...like up to full inches everytime i do this...and it just never seems to get shorter, but based on all the measurements i've gotten every little while over the past 3 years...i'd have to say im about 2" per month...it sounds insane...but u have to see it...i actually lopped off a noticable inch or so...2 weeks later and it looked the same (albeit a little bit cleaner cut :P)

Robbi Dehlinger
November 2nd, 2008, 10:58 PM
...........if only somone would invent MiracleGro for hair. I would buy it.

Me too! I would OVERDOSE on it!!:cool:

ilovelonghair
November 2nd, 2008, 11:06 PM
My hair grows pretty fast I think; I cut it weekly and can see after a week it's not even anymore. I have no idea how much in inches that would be though.

squiggyflop
November 3rd, 2008, 05:08 AM
Squiggy,
What vitamins were you taking?
natrol skin hair nails
and also a centrum
the natrol vitamins are yucky.. but they seemed to work..

spidermom
November 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
My personal fastest growth was 1-1/4 inch in three weeks. Of course measuring hair is not an exact science. But I could tell it was growing fast, which is why I measured (or I should say had my DD measure).

lora410
November 3rd, 2008, 09:05 AM
The most I have gotten in a month was 1.5". Although this was apparently a rare occurance. In the summer I do atleast 1"; in colder weather like now prob 1/4"

RavennaNight
November 3rd, 2008, 09:09 AM
I grew 4 inches in about 4 months May-Sept. I was really surprised, it was unexpected. I'm staying away from the measuring tape until the spring. The whole "watched pots don't boil" thing. I would love to know what makes hair grow 17 inches in a year, though. Thats almost scary! Then again, on me, it would be scary. Can you imagine the roots!? :D

suicides_eve
November 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
I think the most gain I've a month is probably close to 2" i believe it was around April or May of this year. Dunno what caused such growth i usually get 1- 1 3/4" a month on a regular basics

Miyani
November 3rd, 2008, 01:14 PM
I grew 2 inches in July and August this summer. I think my hair grows faster in the summer but takes a break and hybernates in the winter lol.

arylkin
November 3rd, 2008, 01:16 PM
Mine grows an inch per month in the summer, two to three inches per month in the winter. I don't know why it grows so fast. But it's nice! :D

Holy crap! Can I be you? :D

CaraLynn
November 3rd, 2008, 07:54 PM
Sure!! :D but only if I can have your lovely straight and shiny hair.....

teacher_mom2
November 3rd, 2008, 07:58 PM
natrol skin hair nails
and also a centrum
the natrol vitamins are yucky.. but they seemed to work..
Thanks for the info. I'm going to check them out.

Heidi_234
November 4th, 2008, 12:12 PM
Sure!! :D but only if I can have your lovely straight and shiny hair.....
1b complains and wants 1a? Where's the justice in this world, where? :lol:

AJoifulNoise
November 4th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I know I got over an inch for a couple months last year around this time. I'm pretty sure I'm getting at least an inch a month right now. I cut my hair in July and it's nearly back where it was. :bigeyes:

CaraLynn
November 4th, 2008, 01:39 PM
1b complains and wants 1a? Where's the justice in this world, where? :lol:

See the thing is in the last year my hair has gotten quite a bit thicker and curlier and it scares me because I'm not sure what to do with it. :D I'd like nice straight thin(ner) hair. (It's no longer what my stats say...I need to stop being lazy and get around to updating all that sometime soon)

Deborah
November 4th, 2008, 07:19 PM
I think that hair growth rate, texture and terminal length are mostly genetically determined. We need to take good care of our hair, but recognize that much that determines, especially, how fast it grows, is out of our control. :twocents:

My hair grows extremely fast. For most of my life, my hair has grown in excess of 2 inches per month, every month. This is not due to anything that I do or don't do, nor even to any LHC input (as it was like this many, many years before I came online.) It is just the kind of hair that I have.

Is my hair perfect? Nope. I'd probably like it to be different in some ways, but this is the hair God gave me.

So, it seems that most people's hair grows however fast it is programmed to grow, and not a minute faster. Some seem to be able to speed it up in various mechanical and chemical ways. (Even I was intrigued enough to use Monistat on my scalp a few times. What was I thinking? :crazyq:)

(By the way, that 'world record' is obviously wrong. I always wonder where they come up with figures like that. :ponder: )

Nevermore
November 4th, 2008, 07:38 PM
I get about an inch per month, sometimes more and sometimes less.

Deborah: I'm wondering why you think the world record is wrong. Is it the amount stated? Do you know of another record that disputes it? It doesn't seem like that much to me because people here (including myself) grow about an inch a month, which is twelve inches per year, which means that you'd only need about 1 and 1/2 inches per month to get 17 inches per year.

Deborah
November 4th, 2008, 07:57 PM
I get about an inch per month, sometimes more and sometimes less.

Deborah: I'm wondering why you think the world record is wrong. Is it the amount stated? Do you know of another record that disputes it? It doesn't seem like that much to me because people here (including myself) grow about an inch a month, which is twelve inches per year, which means that you'd only need about 1 and 1/2 inches per month to get 17 inches per year.

It is too small a number. Some people grow faster than that.

Heidi_234
November 5th, 2008, 07:21 AM
It is too small a number. Some people grow faster than that.
Yeah I thought so too. A quick math calculation shows that Deborah beats the world record easily, since 2 inches times 12 months equals 24 inches growth in a year.
Even if we assume that Deborah is little wrong about her growth rate, and some months she growths only 1 inch instead of 2, she would have 7 months of 1 inch growth and only 5 months of 2 inch growth to equalize with the world record!
IMO, the world record is rather the world documented record for hair growth, which makes perfect sense, to me at least.

Anje
November 5th, 2008, 08:02 AM
I wasn't measuring at the time, but I think I got 3 or 4 inches in the space of 5 weeks once. I was in Germany as a short-term exchange student at the time, and came back with significantly longer hair than I left with. Family members were commenting -- it definitely went from above my boobs to below them when brought over the shoulders.

I'm still not a regular measurer, but I think I get a bit more than the standard 1/2" per month. Of course, I'm also known to stall for 4-5 months at a time (which is a reason I stopped measuring).

teacher_mom2
November 15th, 2008, 08:10 PM
Maybe I need to head to Germany. ?? Was it the food? The water? The air? The beer? Hmmmm..........

Gothic Lolita
November 16th, 2008, 02:10 AM
I live in Germany and can assure you that most people grow average or even less. Especially in winter since winter isn't the most charming season around here.
Still it's nice to hear that a trip to Germany makes people hair-happy! Now I wonder if I should drink beer (even if I'm allergic...). Or is it the German bread?

I think I grow a bit above average but can't confirm since I'm horrible at measuring myself. But I've noticed phases in which my hair seems to grow faster, but it doesn't follow a schedule like growing faster in warmer month or opposite.

Knifegill
September 3rd, 2014, 10:13 AM
Bump. Same question. New population.

chen bao jun
September 3rd, 2014, 10:47 AM
Mine seems to be 3/4" month. However, since I'm hypercurly, I grow and grow and you can't tell for a long time. I think its about 3/4 month though since I averaged out what I grew the first year.
I think I grew somewhat less the second though. But not sure.
My dad grew hair really fast. He used to have to have his hair cut every 3 weeks to keep it short like he liked it. and I always thought my mom didn't grow. BUT we kept her hair up for 6 months and she easily grew more than 6 inches. she went from like, nape of neck to brastrap just like that--zoom! However she's truly hypercurly with like 90% shrinkage (maybe a type 4c) so her hair still looks short, just very thick now. Her problem totally turned out not to be lack of growth but hair breakage (I've never known her hair to be more than nape length before putting it up in these braids and doing castor oil--which filled in her bald spots, too).