PDA

View Full Version : 1 Year of Hair Growth

carrotop
July 31st, 2018, 11:43 AM
Hello Everyone! My name is Andrew (aka carrotop), I am 17 and have been growing my hair for 1 year now. I started asking my parents to let me grow my hair out when I was about 7 but they wouldn't let me until they gave in last year. My goal is to grow my hair to waist length. My hair is not real long yet, but I am still very excited that to be growing my hair out finally. And I recently passed a big milestone and can make a full ponytail. I have been a bit too nervous to wear it up out in public, but I wear it up pretty much all the time at home right now. I can't wait to reach other milestones!
Here are some pictures of my hair growth:
https://imgur.com/pwyP44d.jpg
And today:
https://imgur.com/7BrYW8f.jpg

Jas
July 31st, 2018, 11:46 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour and it looks like you're getting some waves/curls coming in. It's going to look amazing at waist length.

carrotop
July 31st, 2018, 11:50 AM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour and it looks like you're getting some waves/curls coming in. It's going to look amazing at waist length.

I always thought my hair was pretty straight, but it was always too short I guess.

Dendra
July 31st, 2018, 12:08 PM
Oh wow, your hair is amazing! You look great, good for you growing it out :) What I wouldn't give for that texture and colour...and also, that's some fast growth for only a year.

FennFire911
July 31st, 2018, 12:30 PM
Wow, your hair is incredible! Congrats on your milestones so far, and welcome to LHC! :)

MissMuse
July 31st, 2018, 12:49 PM
You have really lovely hair! Very impressive growth for one year :)

Obsidian
July 31st, 2018, 01:01 PM
Dang! You have some impressive locks. Red hair on guys is my absolute favorite and the longer length looks good on you. Welcome aboard:)

ravenskey
July 31st, 2018, 01:11 PM
Welcome to LHC and wow, your hair is lovely!

carrotop
July 31st, 2018, 01:19 PM
Oh wow, your hair is amazing! You look great, good for you growing it out :) What I wouldn't give for that texture and colour...and also, that's some fast growth for only a year. Thank you! I like my color too.

Wow, your hair is incredible! Congrats on your milestones so far, and welcome to LHC! :) Thank you!

You have really lovely hair! Very impressive growth for one year :) Thank you! It does grow pretty fast I think.

Dang! You have some impressive locks. Red hair on guys is my absolute favorite and the longer length looks good on you. Welcome aboard:) Thank you! I like how I look better, even if a lot of people don't.

Welcome to LHC and wow, your hair is lovely! Thank you! The compliments really make me feel good.

Ligeia Noire
July 31st, 2018, 01:22 PM
A hair like that should see longer lengths. Welcome!

Dark40
July 31st, 2018, 01:36 PM
Your hair is stunning! Congratulations on your year's growth! You have made lots of progress!

Ylva
July 31st, 2018, 01:52 PM
Absolutely beautiful hair! Welcome to the forums.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
July 31st, 2018, 01:53 PM
Welcome and congratulations! You have such gorgeous hair.

Wildhorserider
July 31st, 2018, 02:12 PM
that Is one impressive head of hair! I’m looking forward to watching it grow!

Shorty89
July 31st, 2018, 02:14 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! I love the colour!

CopperButterfly
July 31st, 2018, 02:22 PM
your hair is amazing! I love the color. It also looks really healthy and full and shiny. Happy growing!

lithostoic
July 31st, 2018, 02:23 PM
It looks great! Congrats!

lucid
July 31st, 2018, 02:37 PM
You have great hair! Love the vibrant color and the waves :)

squirrrel
July 31st, 2018, 03:00 PM
I have to agree. Your hair looks great. I look forward to seeing how it grows out.

carrotop
July 31st, 2018, 03:05 PM
Thanks everyone for all of the nice compliments! I don't get a lot of support in real life, but I still love my hair and am working hard to take good care of it and it means a lot to me to have all of you say it looks good.

lapushka
July 31st, 2018, 03:21 PM
Gorgeous color! :) And you have made some steady progress over a year; awesome!

Happy growing! :)

Lady Stardust
July 31st, 2018, 03:38 PM
Wow your hair looks great, amazing colour, waves and shining with good health.

Guitargod
July 31st, 2018, 03:43 PM
Let it grow - awesome :)

LittleHealthy
July 31st, 2018, 05:54 PM
You have so much hair! And so much volume. It’s amazing!! Good luck with your growing, it’s going great guns so far!!

MoonRabbit
July 31st, 2018, 05:58 PM
Wow :thud: What an amazing head of hair you got there! Happy 1 year and happy growing!

Taliesin
July 31st, 2018, 09:33 PM
Wow, your hair is awesome and I think it's going to look amazing at waist length! I was a few years older than you when I grew my hair out for the first time and I remember that excitement of finally entering that uncharted territory after a life of short hair. Enjoy the journey, you're off to a great start!

Julescarm
July 31st, 2018, 09:43 PM
Oh wow, your hair is amazing! You look great, good for you growing it out :) What I wouldn't give for that texture and colour...and also, that's some fast growth for only a year.

I agree! My step son has darker shade of hair and I've always admired red hair. Congrats!!!

Stray_mind
July 31st, 2018, 10:59 PM
Welcome to LHC! You have Gorgeous hair and it will look even more so as it grows longer :)

Sarahlabyrinth
August 1st, 2018, 01:29 AM
Oh My :thudpile: Will you look at that amazing hair!!!! So beautiful! Wow are you going to get compliments on it :) Welcome here!

embee
August 1st, 2018, 04:26 AM
That is beautiful hair! I'm not usually envious of others but in this case... ;)

iforgotmylogin
August 1st, 2018, 04:41 AM
That's pretty wild

TatsuOni
August 1st, 2018, 07:11 AM
Welcome! :) Your hair is beautiful and will look amazing when it's longer!

elfynity
August 1st, 2018, 10:32 AM
Carrotop, you are just so naturally blessed with stunning hair, the colour is unreal!! It is thick, wavy and it seems like you can grow it out very quickly. I am really excited to see your progress. I don't know why you don't have more support, you look amazing already with longer hair, it really suits you as well.

olivetime
August 2nd, 2018, 05:00 AM
Wow you have beautiful hair!

One of my sons has always preferred long hair (he is 11 now) but he does not take care of it at all and ends up with dreadlocks and headaches and maybe small critters living in it, lol. So for now he keeps it between chin and shoulder and tries to care for it and when it gets to be too much he trims it back to chin.

Sid0rela
August 2nd, 2018, 09:55 AM
beautiful hair!!! im in love with your hair color. did u have any trims in your year of growing?

carrotop
August 3rd, 2018, 07:55 PM
Thank you for all the compliments! It is very nice to have so much support!

Yes I did have one trim after 5-6 months to make the back a little more even (I think between picture 2 and 3).