PDA

View Full Version : good sulfate/cone free poo/cond in the UK?

Obsidian
July 23rd, 2018, 05:05 PM
Can anyone recommend a good brand of sulfate and cone free shampoo/conditioner in the UK? Maybe something along the lines of shea moisture but cheaper? Helping out a friend, thanks.

lapushka
July 23rd, 2018, 05:07 PM
Wasn't "Organic Surge" (if they still exist), sulfate free. I'm not sure about silicone free, though; your friend would have to check ingredients.

And Avalon Organics is available in the UK in Holland & Barrett, if I'm not mistaken.

Obsidian
July 23rd, 2018, 05:10 PM
They exist but sadly, no longer make hair products.

Lady Stardust
July 23rd, 2018, 05:14 PM
I like the Noughty range, everything is sulphate and silicone free. Superdrug stock some of the products, otherwise they can be ordered online. Full price is about £7 a bottle but they’re usually on offer somewhere. I was looking earlier today and Feel Unique are doing 3 for 2, or discounts on individual products.

Kake
July 23rd, 2018, 06:27 PM
Kind natured or Maui moisture, which is on offer in Boots.

lapushka
July 24th, 2018, 10:32 AM
They exist but sadly, no longer make hair products.

Nooo! When did that happen? I think my dad finished the last of the shampoos I had last year. I had them for a while.

MusicalSpoons
July 24th, 2018, 12:33 PM
Superdrug and Sainburys both have own-brand cone-free conditioner; I have no idea how they compare to Shea Moisture but they are really, really cheap. I think I paid about 85p for 400ml when the Superdrug one (raspberry and macademia) was on offer.

I use Natura Siberia which again, might not be as moisturising or nourishing as SM, but it's often on offer at Superdrug and might be worth a try. For these and the own-brand products, your friend would have to read the ingredients to be sure though.

Also in pound shops and places like Savers there are usually cone-free conditioners available from various lesser-known brands; that's where all of mine so far have come from, apart from the Superdrug one.