PDA

View Full Version : Pantene Ice Shine=Pantene Sheer Volume

xoChesleyy
July 23rd, 2018, 12:36 PM
Hi guys! For years, I haven't been able to use the beloved Ice Shine by Pantene because it had been discontinued. But I just found out that the Pantene Sheer Volume conditioner has an IDENTICAL ingredients list as Pantene Ice Shine! Same exact ingredients, same order of ingredients! Why their shine formula is now being sold as a "volumizing" conditioner though, I'm not sure...But I just used it the other day with good results. :)

Has anyone else been using the Sheer Volume conditioner or realized that Ice Shine and Sheer Volume have identical formulas? Let me know!

MidnightMoon
July 23rd, 2018, 01:06 PM
Just guessing here, but having the same ingredients doesn't necessarily mean they're found in the same quantity, does it?
It might very well be just a marketing thing, of course :p

lapushka
July 23rd, 2018, 01:20 PM
I know that I use the volume one when I can't get my Pantene Aqua Light. We never had the Ice Shine in Belgium.

If it's about the same, I'd not hesitate to use it, not one bit.

Also, I think we had this discussion before about the ingredients being alike. There's a big gigantic Pantene thread you may wish to check out.

ETA, this is the thread:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=125619

Dark40
July 23rd, 2018, 03:28 PM
Hi guys! For years, I haven't been able to use the beloved Ice Shine by Pantene because it had been discontinued. But I just found out that the Pantene Sheer Volume conditioner has an IDENTICAL ingredients list as Pantene Ice Shine! Same exact ingredients, same order of ingredients! Why their shine formula is now being sold as a "volumizing" conditioner though, I'm not sure...But I just used it the other day with good results. :)

Has anyone else been using the Sheer Volume conditioner or realized that Ice Shine and Sheer Volume have identical formulas? Let me know!

Hey, i've also been looking for Pantene Ice Shine products too! And, I've found that you can purchase them at www.amazon.com
It hasn't been discontinued.

MsPharaohMoan
July 23rd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Yeah I noticed this while looking for a clarifying shampoo, I go with the ice shine just in case the quantities are different. I should try testing it lol

school of fish
July 23rd, 2018, 06:24 PM
Where I live both Ice Shine and Sheer Volume are currently readily available, ingredient lists are identical and they perform virtually the same for me. I use them interchangeably :)

Dark40
July 23rd, 2018, 09:36 PM
Yeah, for me too. Where I live both Ice Shine and Sheer Volume are currently readily available. I also use them interchangeably too. :)

Shorty89
July 23rd, 2018, 10:25 PM
I don't know about Sheer Volume, but here in Canada we definitely have Ice Shine available.