PDA

View Full Version : Hair typing help

ravenskey
July 18th, 2018, 10:26 AM
Here are some pics of my hair today.
It is washed and air dried, no products in it nor is it detangled.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32775&d=1531930796

As you can see I originally typed myself as a 2a/2b but I have no idea if this is right.
Please tell me what you think :)

MoonRabbit
July 18th, 2018, 10:30 AM
You look like a full 2b to me

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 11:00 AM
Wowwww! Truly amazing hair!! Would say 2b? :)

MusicalSpoons
July 18th, 2018, 11:06 AM
:thud:

Ahem *dusts self off* my familiarity with the 2s is somewhat lacking, but from the description on the hairtyping thread I would say 2b. Regardless, your hair is beautiful!!

Serimel
July 18th, 2018, 11:16 AM
What a goreous mane :thud: 2b the least

lapushka
July 18th, 2018, 11:19 AM
I immediately thought braid waves and so 2b; if per chance you have a few ringlets underneath, make it 2c (because that is the definition of 2c)!

ravenskey
July 18th, 2018, 11:21 AM
Thank you everyone for the help and the compliments :o

lapushka I don't have ringlets underneath but I do have a few more wurly bits around my face, which you can't really see in the pictures.

So based on the feedback I think I'll change my hair type to 2b/2c.

Dendra
July 18th, 2018, 11:36 AM
Your hair is just amazing! And I agree you're definitely not a 2a, though you've already got that sorted.

lapushka
July 18th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Thank you everyone for the help and the compliments :o

lapushka I don't have ringlets underneath but I do have a few more wurly bits around my face, which you can't really see in the pictures.

So based on the feedback I think I'll change my hair type to 2b/2c.

They can be anywhere, really. Are you sure you don't want to make it a full 2c then? If you have wurls in front I don't see why not.

ravenskey
July 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM
They can be anywhere, really. Are you sure you don't want to make it a full 2c then? If you have wurls in front I don't see why not.

I'm not sure if this is right or not but I thought that 2c hair was quite wavy around the scalp and roots whereas my waves mostly start at my ears while the top is fairly straight(in the left hand pic you can see the first "wave" which is at the top of my ear, a second "wave" at about mid ear, and then my more S-shaped waves start) - if this is wrong I'll change to a full 2c.

Panthera
July 18th, 2018, 02:09 PM
Looks like 2B. Gorgeous hair!

lapushka
July 18th, 2018, 02:42 PM
I'm not sure if this is right or not but I thought that 2c hair was quite wavy around the scalp and roots whereas my waves mostly start at my ears while the top is fairly straight(in the left hand pic you can see the first "wave" which is at the top of my ear, a second "wave" at about mid ear, and then my more S-shaped waves start) - if this is wrong I'll change to a full 2c.

I marked myself 2b/c because sometimes I have a few ringlets in there, and sometimes I don't. So it's not consistent.

I think if you constantly have those ringlets that it should be 2c; the definition of 2c is wavy with a "few" ringlets. But of course it is totally up to you; if you don't feel comfortable going full 2c, then it's OK too.

ravenskey
July 18th, 2018, 03:09 PM
Ahh, I see.

I think I'll stick with 2b/2c because 1. it's literally just a few of wurls and 2. due to my constant plaiting and combing they're pretty much obliterated by the next day after which they don't appear until the next time I wash - if I did a proper CG routine(or even just did more finger combing) rather than my wave pattern destroying comb, brush, plait one they'd probably stay around permanently but :shrug: I just don't have time to finger comb for an hour everyday.

Dark40
July 18th, 2018, 05:46 PM
I would definitely say 2b too. Your hair looks amazing! Just beautiful!

Jo Ann
July 18th, 2018, 11:01 PM
OMG! That looks almost like MY hair!

*starts rethinking 2C/3A classification*

lapushka
July 19th, 2018, 03:32 PM

No it's not the same, Jo Ann. :) You have wurlier hair, that's obvious. To me, at least. :)

ravenskey
July 19th, 2018, 05:17 PM

If your siggy pic is anything to go by your hair is way wurlier/curlier than mine Jo Anne - 2c/3a looks right to me :)

Ligeia Noire
July 19th, 2018, 05:32 PM
Double post

Ligeia Noire
July 19th, 2018, 05:35 PM
Yeah I definetely would say too wavy to be only a 2a but not wurly..I mean ringlety to be a full 2c but hey I I am a 2b/2c and most of my ringlets are my ends and my underlayer. You have absolutely stunning hair. Is that black? Is it natural?

Edit. Looking at your pics again you might be too wavy for only 2b... I don't know anymore. Well you have fabulous hair that's what counts

Jo Ann
July 19th, 2018, 06:00 PM
No it's not the same, Jo Ann. :) You have wurlier hair, that's obvious. To me, at least. :)

If your siggy pic is anything to go by your hair is way wurlier/curlier than mine Jo Anne - 2c/3a looks right to me :)

*puts away abacus, paper and pencil*

*takes deep breath*

Whew, that was close!

Ravenskey, 2B it is!

lithostoic
July 19th, 2018, 07:57 PM
Epitome of 2b. How beautiful!

ravenskey
July 20th, 2018, 03:42 AM
Yeah I definetely would say too wavy to be only a 2a but not wurly..I mean ringlety to be a full 2c but hey I I am a 2b/2c and most of my ringlets are my ends and my underlayer. You have absolutely stunning hair. Is that black? Is it natural?

Edit. Looking at your pics again you might be too wavy for only 2b... I don't know anymore. Well you have fabulous hair that's what counts

Yes, definitely not ringlety enough to be a full 2c, I put 2b/2c because I have a few ringlets around my face which have gotten hidden in the pics because anything around my face falls forward so you can't see it from the back.

My colour is natural and I call it a "warm" black because it looks black about 99% of the time but under some lighting you can see a browny/redish tint as opposed to a "cool" black where you see a bluey tint.

Epitome of 2b. How beautiful!

Thanks lithostoic!

lapushka
July 20th, 2018, 06:18 AM
Yes, definitely not ringlety enough to be a full 2c, I put 2b/2c because I have a few ringlets around my face which have gotten hidden in the pics because anything around my face falls forward so you can't see it from the back.

I think you did great going for 2b/c. :flower:

Margarita
July 20th, 2018, 06:27 AM
Is that your hair!? OMG look at that thickness and beauty!!! *cries* I want to have your hair now!!!!!!!! Its so so beautiful, im jealous! :o:pray::crush::cry::shocked::inlove:
Definietly 2a/2b =D

Ligeia Noire
July 20th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Hey! Apart from the striking difference in colour we are hair twins :D

ravenskey
July 20th, 2018, 07:47 AM
Hey! Apart from the striking difference in colour we are hair twins :D

Not to mention length :lol:

Ligeia Noire
July 20th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Minor detail