PDA

View Full Version : Cut my hair, tbl to a bit above bcl.

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 07:12 AM
This is the thread where I asked for advice from you guys (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146753&page=5) - thank you so much for sharing tips, opinions, recommendations, suggestions with me and for all the lovely comments.

I decided to use another hairdresser, that was closer to my home... ...next time I will use my regular hairdresser...

When I sat down in the chair, I told her that I wanted to keep the length, and just remove the damaged parts. I asked her how much she thought was damaged, and she suggested to cut to bsl... This is probably where I should have just left... Anyway, we agreed on 2.5 inches, and to keep the shape (soft U shape).

The haircut turned out decent, but she cut more than we agreed on (she cut about 4 inches at the longest parts). I still like the length, and it looks so more healthy now than before. I can also still use my regular bun without any issues. So all in all, not the worst experience, but not a good one either.

Sidenote, after my cut, an older woman asked me how I manged to take care of such long hair, and then she said my hair was lovely. It was very sweet of her, especially after that not-so-great experience. :D

TLDR: Used a clipper machine, used hot dryer on already dry hair, used force to remove tangles, choppy results with weird shape and uneven length.

This is the result. The ends are flippy because it's been bunned.

https://s26.postimg.cc/pt7np77h5/36941117_10160514745865109_4306953875413270528_n.j pg

Spread out to show the shape a bit more:
https://s26.postimg.cc/70vslmisp/37320662_10160514745940109_6118568216122884096_n.j pg

Natural light. It's cloudy outside. The shape is weird, being longer on one side.. I hope it evens out after a while, but there is a chance that it wont. My hair grows the slowest on my left side, the now shortest side :p
https://s26.postimg.cc/akhqbft89/37337329_10160514745980109_3405243083804114944_n.j pg

And this is the difference in length when pulled forward. This is after she first fixed it. It's not a huge difference, I just hope it's not to noticeable when I wear double braids.
https://s26.postimg.cc/tctlf02h5/37284705_10160514746050109_6353346624764248064_n.j pg

Things I didn't like about her method:

She used an old, plastic brush, the bristles was bent and not straight.
She used force to remove tangles, using a plastic comb (looked like a cheap, non-seamless one). I could feel several hairs getting pulled from my scalp.
She suddenly used a hot hairdryer on my dry hair :confused:
She suddenly used hair clippers on my hair... If the blades are not new this will not create an even cut, meaning you will have to trim sooner...

Things I didn't like about the result:

The result is choppy. I realize 1a hair is unforgiving when it comes to cutting straight lines, but when I pay professionals to cut my hair I expect to have a great result...
The shape is weird and "boxy", not a soft U that I normally have. It's not bad, but just not great.
One side is longer than the other when pulled forward. When I pointed it out she first said "no, it's not"... Like wtf, I have eyes and I can see... One side was 2 inches longer than the other, so it wasn't a subtle difference. My regular hairdresser always pulls the sides forward several times during the cut, to make sure they are even... She did not... She somehow fixed it a bit, after I just continued to point out that it was very uneven, and I think that is how I ended up with the kinda weird shape.

All this made me feel unsafe while sitting there... Like, I couldn't see what actually happened behind my back, and how much she cut off. Some of this I could probably have stopped by saying something, but at I just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. They would have to cut even more to fix the shape, and I'd rather just wait and have my regular hairdresser fix it the next time I cut my hair.

Another thing that happened midway, was that the hairdresser next to me used a dryer on her client, and blew the clients CUT HAIR ALL OVER ME! I had to take a shower when I got home to get rid of the small hairs.... :mad:

kitcatsmeow
July 18th, 2018, 07:31 AM
Wow after reading all that I wonder wth this cosmetologist was doing!? Hair dryer and clippers? As a cosmetologist I’ve never heard of that. Also, while you results are ok, I feel like you could have probably done a better job yourself. It’s a simple trim.
I’m not saying that to make you feel bad and I’m sorry i did! I’d say within a month it should all grow out and look perfectly even and at least you hVe gotten rid of the damage.

You have very beautiful have and the color is just amazing!

nycelle
July 18th, 2018, 08:17 AM
Your hair look awesome, and I'm glad to hear you're Ok with her cutting more than you wanted. The good thing is your hair is still super long, and looks to be in great shape.

I had a similar experience with a stylist back in May, posted it about it somewhere too. Like you, will never have anyone other than my own stylist cut my hair again. I feel for ya there.

MoonRabbit
July 18th, 2018, 08:33 AM
That sounds like a really strange experience. I can't believe she recommended cutting back to bsl. Some times I wonder why they are so scissor happy. But I do agree that your hair does look very nice.

pili
July 18th, 2018, 08:35 AM
Sorry you had such a bad experience. If you trust your regular hairdresser, I stick with her and never come back to this one. Your hair is gorgeous BTW.

ravenskey
July 18th, 2018, 08:39 AM
Well despite the wacky hairdresser your hair still looks :thud: worthy to me :)

Astrid Carlisle
July 18th, 2018, 09:28 AM
I had to triple read the part where you said that she suggested to cut to bsl.... my eyes almost popped out. And using force to remove tangles... /shudders. I had that happen many times and I just die inside imagining this.

But your hair is great, personally I really like the hemline and it looks so fresh cut on the ends, I love it. And generally your hair :crush:

Stray_mind
July 18th, 2018, 09:42 AM
Did she think your hair was damaged all the way to BSL? Where are her eyes? Hahaha

Well, i am glad you are Ok with her cutting More than you agreed on and aren't too upset in general.

For what it's worth, i think your hemline looks quite fresh and nice now.

MoonRabbit
July 18th, 2018, 09:46 AM
Did she think your hair was damaged all the way to BSL? Where are her eyes? Hahaha

Well, i am glad you are Ok with her cutting More than you agreed on and aren't too upset in general.

Right!? I feel like if I asked her about my hair she would say "Uh about this short" while pulling out the razor and shaving cream

Serimel
July 18th, 2018, 11:34 AM
Oh, I'm so sorry for your experience. That blowdryer thing was kind of weird... I've seen one of my friends hair cut with a clipper. Wouldn't let that evil machine touch my hair! Also this violent detangling.. I don't get it. Hairdressers should respect their customers more. I don't know is it about the rush to get the job done or what. Most times I go to a hairdresser I feel anxious the whole time.

Serimel
July 18th, 2018, 11:36 AM
But all in all had to say that your hair looks amazig despite the process. It's still very long, thank God she didn't chop it bsl!

Dendra
July 18th, 2018, 11:43 AM
Your hair looks amazing lucid, and still super long! I'm sorry it wasn't a great experience though.

I know what you mean about not feeling safe in the chair, I had a trainee hairdresser cut my hair once and she was wailing 'I caaaan't do iiiit' to her supervisor. In front of me. And he would try and calm her down and she'd go 'I don't know why you're telling me I can do it when I know I can't'.

Dark40
July 18th, 2018, 11:44 AM
This is the thread where I asked for advice from you guys (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=146753&page=5) - thank you so much for sharing tips, opinions, recommendations, suggestions with me and for all the lovely comments.

I decided to use another hairdresser, that was closer to my home... ...next time I will use my regular hairdresser...

When I sat down in the chair, I told her that I wanted to keep the length, and just remove the damaged parts. I asked her how much she thought was damaged, and she suggested to cut to bsl... This is probably where I should have just left... Anyway, we agreed on 2.5 inches, and to keep the shape (soft U shape).

The haircut turned out decent, but she cut more than we agreed on (she cut about 4 inches at the longest parts). I still like the length, and it looks so more healthy now than before. I can also still use my regular bun without any issues. So all in all, not the worst experience, but not a good one either.

Sidenote, after my cut, an older woman asked me how I manged to take care of such long hair, and then she said my hair was lovely. It was very sweet of her, especially after that not-so-great experience. :D

TLDR: Used a clipper machine, used hot dryer on already dry hair, used force to remove tangles, choppy results with weird shape and uneven length.

This is the result. The ends are flippy because it's been bunned.

https://s26.postimg.cc/pt7np77h5/36941117_10160514745865109_4306953875413270528_n.j pg

Spread out to show the shape a bit more:
https://s26.postimg.cc/70vslmisp/37320662_10160514745940109_6118568216122884096_n.j pg

Natural light. It's cloudy outside. The shape is weird, being longer on one side.. I hope it evens out after a while, but there is a chance that it wont. My hair grows the slowest on my left side, the now shortest side :p
https://s26.postimg.cc/akhqbft89/37337329_10160514745980109_3405243083804114944_n.j pg

And this is the difference in length when pulled forward. This is after she first fixed it. It's not a huge difference, I just hope it's not to noticeable when I wear double braids.
https://s26.postimg.cc/tctlf02h5/37284705_10160514746050109_6353346624764248064_n.j pg

Things I didn't like about her method:

She used an old, plastic brush, the bristles was bent and not straight.
She used force to remove tangles, using a plastic comb (looked like a cheap, non-seamless one). I could feel several hairs getting pulled from my scalp.
She suddenly used a hot hairdryer on my dry hair :confused:
She suddenly used hair clippers on my hair... If the blades are not new this will not create an even cut, meaning you will have to trim sooner...

Things I didn't like about the result:

The result is choppy. I realize 1a hair is unforgiving when it comes to cutting straight lines, but when I pay professionals to cut my hair I expect to have a great result...
The shape is weird and "boxy", not a soft U that I normally have. It's not bad, but just not great.
One side is longer than the other when pulled forward. When I pointed it out she first said "no, it's not"... Like wtf, I have eyes and I can see... One side was 2 inches longer than the other, so it wasn't a subtle difference. My regular hairdresser always pulls the sides forward several times during the cut, to make sure they are even... She did not... She somehow fixed it a bit, after I just continued to point out that it was very uneven, and I think that is how I ended up with the kinda weird shape.

All this made me feel unsafe while sitting there... Like, I couldn't see what actually happened behind my back, and how much she cut off. Some of this I could probably have stopped by saying something, but at I just wanted to get out of there as quick as possible. They would have to cut even more to fix the shape, and I'd rather just wait and have my regular hairdresser fix it the next time I cut my hair.

Another thing that happened midway, was that the hairdresser next to me used a dryer on her client, and blew the clients CUT HAIR ALL OVER ME! I had to take a shower when I got home to get rid of the small hairs.... :mad:

Sorry, you've lost length that you didn't espect to lose. I've always hated hairdressers trimming or cutting on my hair. Especially, these days. They always want to cut off more than what you've agreed on. That's why I've always believed in trimming or cutting my own hair. But your hair is gorgeous!!! It does look very healthy!!! Thank God it's still superlong! It's a good thing she didn't chop it off to bsl!

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 12:11 PM
Wow after reading all that I wonder wth this cosmetologist was doing!? Hair dryer and clippers? As a cosmetologist I’ve never heard of that. Also, while you results are ok, I feel like you could have probably done a better job yourself. It’s a simple trim.
I’m not saying that to make you feel bad and I’m sorry i did! I’d say within a month it should all grow out and look perfectly even and at least you hVe gotten rid of the damage.

You have very beautiful have and the color is just amazing!

Exactly. This result is ok, but it's what I would expected from a non professional. If a friend cut my hair and it ended up like this I would have been very happy. It looks good, but it's not $90 good...

And thank you! :D

Your hair look awesome, and I'm glad to hear you're Ok with her cutting more than you wanted. The good thing is your hair is still super long, and looks to be in great shape.

I had a similar experience with a stylist back in May, posted it about it somewhere too. Like you, will never have anyone other than my own stylist cut my hair again. I feel for ya there.

Thank you! Yeah, the length is nice. It's about 1 inch shorter than what most people recommended in my first thread, and that's totally fine.

I'm sorry you had a bad experience as well. Seems like it's almost more common having a bad experience than a good one for us long-hairs.

lapushka
July 18th, 2018, 12:17 PM
I wouldn't call it choppy, I would call it *super* straight; perhaps due to her use of the clippers. It's not a bad thing! You can leave that hemline alone for *so* long, OMG; think of the possibilities and joining no trimming (one can dream, right ;)) - anyway, I like it. :D

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 12:25 PM
pili and ravenskey, thank you both. I will definitely be sticking with my regular one for sure!

I had to triple read the part where you said that she suggested to cut to bsl.... my eyes almost popped out. And using force to remove tangles... /shudders. I had that happen many times and I just die inside imagining this.

But your hair is great, personally I really like the hemline and it looks so fresh cut on the ends, I love it. And generally your hair :crush:

Right!? Hahaha. I was quite shook when she suggested bsl AFTER I had specified that I wanted to keep the length... it seems that many hairdressers just don't like long hair..

Thank you, both! Yeah, the length is nice :)

Right!? I feel like if I asked her about my hair she would say "Uh about this short" while pulling out the razor and shaving cream

Hahaha! That's funny :p

Dendra
July 18th, 2018, 12:36 PM
I wouldn't call it choppy, I would call it *super* straight; perhaps due to her use of the clippers. It's not a bad thing! You can leave that hemline alone for *so* long, OMG; think of the possibilities and joining no trimming (one can dream, right ;)) - anyway, I like it. :D

Oh is that what choppy means? I actually love the super straight hem! I think it's very pretty.

Jas
July 18th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I really like the look of a super straight/blunt hem on your hair - it looks thick right to the ends :D The slightly longer side I wouldn't have noticed unless you'd pointed it out (and from that one front picture I can see it) - hopefully it'll even out with time. Are you going to go for no trimming for a while?

It's still very long and so pretty, hopefully you're happy with your braid tail now

Kat-Rinnè Naido
July 18th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Congratulations on your hair cut. Sorry that you lost a bit more hair than you had planned. Glad to read that you are okay considering your experience. The good news you now have healthy hair and can enjoy your hair. Your hair is gorgeous. I have always admired it and still do:blossom:

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 12:53 PM

I agree that it looks good in the pics and with natural movement as well, but the choppyness is pretty apparent when combing through the ends. It's difficult to get it completely even on 1a hair though, but my regular hairdresser does a better job than this.

As long as the clipper blade was fresh, I guess it's not that bad. But judging by the state of the brush I wouldn't bet on that. Everything was clean, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't new.... I'll just have to wait and see. If old blades was used I'll get split ends faster, so then I'll know :p

Thank you! I always join the non trimming challenges. They are fun and fit my "cutting every 1-2 years" perfectly :D

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 12:59 PM
Oh is that what choppy means? I actually love the super straight hem! I think it's very pretty.

I thought choppy was uneven. That was what I meant at least. Its not cut straight.

lapushka
July 18th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I thought choppy was uneven. That was what I meant at least. Its not cut straight.

Did I misunderstand? :hmm: :o I didn't do it on purpose, honestly, I just thought it was very even. Of course hair never lays the same, it pays taking several pictures and then seeing how the hem behaves.

sugar&nutmeg
July 18th, 2018, 02:19 PM
I don't know why I read these threads, they always give me minor anxiety attacks. On the other hand, they remind my why I'm growing out my hair.

*lucid* your hair still looks long and lovely. After a while, once individual growth rates assert themselves again, the slight length differences won't be at all noticeable. Even now, you're probably the only one to notice any difference, in 'real' life.

LittleHealthy
July 18th, 2018, 03:05 PM
Oh my goodness. I would’ve been so terrified! I’ve never been to a hairdresser in my life as my mother always cut our hair, luckily she is good at it!

Ligeia Noire
July 18th, 2018, 03:40 PM
I trim my own hair and it always ends up uneven. My texture hides it well. Not when i braid though... which annoys me a bit but I just let it be. Because I don't trust anyone else to trim it but if I had to, I would definitely go to a barber. It looks lovely though. Very neat. And you can always even it out as the ends grow.

Dendra
July 18th, 2018, 03:51 PM

Did I misunderstand? :hmm: :o I didn't do it on purpose, honestly, I just thought it was very even. Of course hair never lays the same, it pays taking several pictures and then seeing how the hem behaves.

Me too, I think I have always had a different understanding of the word choppy. Just googled it and I was wrong. lucid I see what you mean about the unevenness from the front, your hair is still stunning though.

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 06:44 PM
Oh, I'm so sorry for your experience. That blowdryer thing was kind of weird... I've seen one of my friends hair cut with a clipper. Wouldn't let that evil machine touch my hair! Also this violent detangling.. I don't get it. Hairdressers should respect their customers more. I don't know is it about the rush to get the job done or what. Most times I go to a hairdresser I feel anxious the whole time.

I have no idea why she did that, it was only one pass over my hair, and I was ready to tell her to stop. I don't see what you can gain by blowdrying already pin straight dry hair :p

Yeah, the violent detangeling, I don't get that either. But just ripping through tangles seems to be pretty common among people in general... And if you're gonna keep the hair short, or above bsl as most people, the extra damage doesn't really matter that much... So I guess that's one of the reasons :confused:

And thank you, I read your other comment as well. Appreciate it :)

Your hair looks amazing lucid, and still super long! I'm sorry it wasn't a great experience though.

I know what you mean about not feeling safe in the chair, I had a trainee hairdresser cut my hair once and she was wailing 'I caaaan't do iiiit' to her supervisor. In front of me. And he would try and calm her down and she'd go 'I don't know why you're telling me I can do it when I know I can't'.

Thank you!

Oh wow, that's a horror story right there... How did your hair end up?

Sorry, you've lost length that you didn't espect to lose. I've always hated hairdressers trimming or cutting on my hair. Especially, these days. They always want to cut off more than what you've agreed on. That's why I've always believed in trimming or cutting my own hair. But your hair is gorgeous!!! It does look very healthy!!! Thank God it's still superlong! It's a good thing she didn't chop it off to bsl!

Thank you! I'm not going back to this person. Only my regular hairdresser from now on, if not I'll have to look into self trimming... It's hard on pin straight hair though, it's not as forgiving as wavy hair. It's just so easy to spot mistakes.

I really like the look of a super straight/blunt hem on your hair - it looks thick right to the ends :D The slightly longer side I wouldn't have noticed unless you'd pointed it out (and from that one front picture I can see it) - hopefully it'll even out with time. Are you going to go for no trimming for a while?

It's still very long and so pretty, hopefully you're happy with your braid tail now

Thank you! I like a blunt hemline on my hair as well. The reason I usually have a soft U, is because my sides grow quite a bit slower - especially the left side. So i don't really have a choice :p

Yeah, I'll be going for no trimming 2019. I may get a small trim by new years depending on how my hemline feels at that time. Normally I go 1-1.5 years between each cut. :)

Congratulations on your hair cut. Sorry that you lost a bit more hair than you had planned. Glad to read that you are okay considering your experience. The good news you now have healthy hair and can enjoy your hair. Your hair is gorgeous. I have always admired it and still do:blossom:

Thank you, that is so nice to hear :D And yeah, length wise I'm happy, and all in all it ok. It just feels bad paying for something a regular person could have done just as well. :p

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 06:52 PM

The hem is horizontally straight, but the individual strands are just uneven. It's pretty easy to see when the ends aren't flippy. I asked my boyfriend right after the appointment, and he said he could see it and that he would go back to get it fixed.. But I didn't want them to chop of even more... It will definitely even out, another 2 weeks and it won't be visible any longer, so I'm not super bummed out about it. I just expect it to be even when I pay money to have it cut :p

It is nice to hear that you (and others in this thread) thinks it looks straight and even already :D

And regarding the shape, I usually have the bottom one, straight in the middle and softly rounded at the edges. But now it's more like the top one, so it's not as soft, and of side is longer than the other, so that the shorter side has a steeper angle. It's still ok, just not great.
https://s26.postimg.cc/j8r3dkzkp/Uten_navn.png

I don't know why I read these threads, they always give me minor anxiety attacks. On the other hand, they remind my why I'm growing out my hair.

*lucid* your hair still looks long and lovely. After a while, once individual growth rates assert themselves again, the slight length differences won't be at all noticeable. Even now, you're probably the only one to notice any difference, in 'real' life.

Haha, yeah... It seems like experiences like these are quite common. Mine wasn't even any bad compared to lots of other hairdresser horror stories I've read on LHC :eek:

Thank you so much! You are right about that! It feels much better now as well, my hair needed that cut, and now it's done :)

lucid
July 18th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Oh my goodness. I would’ve been so terrified! I’ve never been to a hairdresser in my life as my mother always cut our hair, luckily she is good at it!

You're lucky! I may ask my mom next time. She did cut me and my siblings hair when we were younger, and I think she did a decent job.

I trim my own hair and it always ends up uneven. My texture hides it well. Not when i braid though... which annoys me a bit but I just let it be. Because I don't trust anyone else to trim it but if I had to, I would definitely go to a barber. It looks lovely though. Very neat. And you can always even it out as the ends grow.

Yeah, that's why I haven't dared to self-trim my hair.. Any unevenness is just so visible on 1a hair... I don't even know the difference between a barber and a hairdresser, and if there is barbers where I live :p
Thank you, and yeah I think I might have to even out the longest side after a while, since that side grows faster than the other.

Wendyp
July 18th, 2018, 07:05 PM
Still beautiful lucid. Sucks you had that experience. I don’t let hairdressers cut my hair anymore. I found I have to micromanage everything they do even brushing. Done with it. I was having them Do the olaplex but I bought it from amazon and now even do that myself.

*Wednesday*
July 18th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Looks beautiful Lucid.

OUKess
July 18th, 2018, 08:15 PM
Lucid your hair is beautiful!! Glad she did not cut it ti BSL!!

lucid
July 19th, 2018, 05:24 AM
Still beautiful lucid. Sucks you had that experience. I don’t let hairdressers cut my hair anymore. I found I have to micromanage everything they do even brushing. Done with it. I was having them Do the olaplex but I bought it from amazon and now even do that myself.

Thank you!! Haha, it's so weird... and to hear that my hair is damaged to bsl, to the point where it has to go, when looking at the people in the salon with super processed hair that is stiff from all the styling products...it's just ironic.

Don't get me wrong, I have some damage throughout my lengths and will have until the highlights are grown out, but it's not very prominent at all.

I felt like she didn't like my hair, and that she'd just rather cut it all off. I usually don't care that much what other people think, but it just feels a lot better when the person working on your hair actually likes it. My usual hair dresser always pays me genuine compliments. Last time I said I wondered if my hair was getting to long for my thickness, and she abruptly said 'no, not as long as it's healthy', and she ended up taking of less than my max, cause she said no more was needed... so there are good hairdressers out there :)

lucid
July 19th, 2018, 05:28 AM
Looks beautiful Lucid.

Thank you so much!!

Lucid your hair is beautiful!! Glad she did not cut it ti BSL!!

Thank you!! Yeah, me too. I said no immediately tho, haha. But I'm glad I made the other thread, if not I would have probably been more insecure and perhaps believed her when she said it all had to go...

lapushka
July 19th, 2018, 05:40 AM
The hem is horizontally straight, but the individual strands are just uneven. It's pretty easy to see when the ends aren't flippy. I asked my boyfriend right after the appointment, and he said he could see it and that he would go back to get it fixed.. But I didn't want them to chop of even more... It will definitely even out, another 2 weeks and it won't be visible any longer, so I'm not super bummed out about it. I just expect it to be even when I pay money to have it cut :p

It is nice to hear that you (and others in this thread) thinks it looks straight and even already :D

And regarding the shape, I usually have the bottom one, straight in the middle and softly rounded at the edges. But now it's more like the top one, so it's not as soft, and of side is longer than the other, so that the shorter side has a steeper angle. It's still ok, just not great.
https://s26.postimg.cc/j8r3dkzkp/Uten_navn.png

Oh gosh I feel so silly, I know what you mean, I think... I think... when it's just too blunt of a cut you can see the "chop" marks, making it seemingly uneven - that would be my own definition? I think in a few weeks your ends will have grown over that. I'd give it time rather than chop more, who knows where you'll end up, and will the next hairdresser even "get" it. You see how difficult this is. :o It shouldn't be for a hairdresser, though!!!

Happy growing, lucid! Yay! :cheer:

Wendyp
July 19th, 2018, 06:04 AM
Thank you!! Haha, it's so weird... and to hear that my hair is damaged to bsl, to the point where it has to go, when looking at the people in the salon with super processed hair that is stiff from all the styling products...it's just ironic.

Don't get me wrong, I have some damage throughout my lengths and will have until the highlights are grown out, but it's not very prominent at all.

I felt like she didn't like my hair, and that she'd just rather cut it all off. I usually don't care that much what other people think, but it just feels a lot better when the person working on your hair actually likes it. My usual hair dresser always pays me genuine compliments. Last time I said I wondered if my hair was getting to long for my thickness, and she abruptly said 'no, not as long as it's healthy', and she ended up taking of less than my max, cause she said no more was needed... so there are good hairdressers out there :)

The last time I went to the salon I thought the same thing. All the hairdressers had short fried fake looking hair. Your hair is one of the prettiest on here so I can’t imagine she didn’t like it. Never know peoples motives sadly. I got tired of saying 1/4 inch and getting 2 inches off. I’m happily trimming myself now.

Messyhair
July 19th, 2018, 10:00 AM
Like, I couldn't see what actually happened behind my back, and how much she cut off.

♡ This is how I ended up with my hip-length hair being chopped off to my collarbone! I only became aware when the pieces started falling in front of my shoulders... I had some pieces that short anyway, but suddenly there was WAY too much hair that short! I cried...

Jas
July 19th, 2018, 10:21 AM
Oh wow! How much did you ask for off, messyhair?

lucid
July 19th, 2018, 01:03 PM
♡ This is how I ended up with my hip-length hair being chopped off to my collarbone! I only became aware when the pieces started falling in front of my shoulders... I had some pieces that short anyway, but suddenly there was WAY too much hair that short! I cried...

Oh my.... yeah, I also wonder how much you actually asked for. :eek: