PDA

View Full Version : Forum Glitches Today

Groovy Granny
July 15th, 2018, 02:39 PM
Anyone else?

Long loading times

Disappearing posts

I can see my post in my profile and the main forum listing but it doesn't show when I click on it :hmm:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126669&page=365&p=3573996#post3573996

I am on google chrome on my laptop and I cleared cookies and cache.

Every other site I am on is working just fine :p

It feels like the TWILIGHT ZONE :couch:

ETA: Now they are BOTH there :run:

LittleHealthy
July 15th, 2018, 03:41 PM
Morning (in Australia) but yes I was on last night (about 12hrs ago) and a few times I replied to posts and they doubled up as two identical posts. I was on my mobile, though. I don’t seem to have any issues now.

Groovy Granny
July 15th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Morning (in Australia) but yes I was on last night (about 12hrs ago) and a few times I replied to posts and they doubled up as two identical posts. I was on my mobile, though. I don’t seem to have any issues now.

Thanks for the feedback....nice to know I am not alone ;)

I see you are new to LHC ~ welcome!

ETA: 2 hours later it seems to be working fine now :shrug:

LittleHealthy
July 15th, 2018, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the feedback....nice to know I am not alone ;)

I see you are new to LHC ~ welcome!

ETA: 2 hours later it seems to be working fine now :shrug:

Hello! Yes I am new. I actually stumbled upon this website whilst looking for some photos on google images for my hair inspiration board. Now I feel as though I don’t need a board, as I’ve found a virtual one!

Groovy Granny
July 15th, 2018, 04:49 PM
Hello! Yes I am new. I actually stumbled upon this website whilst looking for some photos on google images for my hair inspiration board. Now I feel as though I don’t need a board, as I’ve found a virtual one!

Great; you will find oodles of inspiration here :cheer:

I saw you like to crochet ~ join us on The Official Crochet Thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=345&page=266&p=3574010#post3574010)

Groovy Granny
July 15th, 2018, 05:33 PM
7:31 pm EST it is still glitchy....they must be doing updates or something :shrug:

Time to go knit....before I throw my mouse at my laptop :p :lol:

I'll be back when this resolves :waving:

Groovy Granny
July 15th, 2018, 05:34 PM
ETA 7/16 Case in point....I just noticed this was a double post from last night :p

lapushka
July 16th, 2018, 06:57 AM
I got the dreaded dbase error one time about an hour ago, I think (guessing).

It's been slow, veeery slow when I got on there this afternoon.

ETA:

Now it seems to be speeding up!

Groovy Granny
July 16th, 2018, 12:37 PM
I just logged in, and so far it seems to be moving along smoothly :pray:

Joules
July 16th, 2018, 12:46 PM
I was getting the database error for good 7 hours.

The most productive 7 hours of my life :rolling:

Garnetgem
July 16th, 2018, 12:53 PM
I got database error last night and its slow and stalling today...

Groovy Granny
July 16th, 2018, 12:59 PM
I was getting the database error for good 7 hours.

The most productive 7 hours of my life :rolling:

LOL I hear you ;)

So it isn't just 'me'....hope it is resolved soon :cheer:

lapushka
July 16th, 2018, 01:46 PM
When I got on here this afternoon, up to this point: dbase error.

I mailed the LHC staff to inform them; but I reckon they might already know. But at least I did what I felt I was supposed to do. ;)

Groovy Granny
July 16th, 2018, 01:50 PM
When I got on here this afternoon, up to this point: dbase error.

I mailed the LHC staff to inform them; but I reckon they might already know. But at least I did what I felt I was supposed to do. ;)

Yes, in that case :thumbsup:

I haven't gotten any error messages; I logged off when it was slow loading and was missing posts that showed up later :confused:

Until I started getting feedback (thank you all) :flowers: I thought it was my google chrome (which can act very weirdly at times) :p

Chromis
July 16th, 2018, 08:46 PM
I haven;t been getting it, but we are about to list our house for sale in a couple of days and in hardcore cleaning and staging mode so I have not been on my normal multiple times a day. I will do some checking when I can!

iforgotmylogin
July 17th, 2018, 06:42 AM
The server is straining under the weight of all the hair

Joules
July 17th, 2018, 06:57 AM
The server is straining under the weight of all the hair

It might be the rogue 40" mane playing tricks on us...

iforgotmylogin
July 17th, 2018, 07:50 AM
the plot thickens!

brickworld13
July 17th, 2018, 08:29 AM
I think Chromis’s mane is protesting her absence from LHC to move.

Chromis
July 18th, 2018, 08:36 PM
I think Chromis’s mane is protesting her absence from LHC to move.

House lists on Friday! My days are a blur, things are crazy, really this could be a sitcom or something.

EdG
July 23rd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Here is a clue about the "disappearing posts" bug.

Robot Ninja posted reply #31 to this thread (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=147120&page=3), right after my post #30. It is visible under "New Posts" and in the Mane Forum.

My post #30 shows up at the bottom of page 3.

Post #31 should begin a new page (page 4), but the software mistakenly thinks the thread ends with post #30. There are no links to page 4. I bet as soon as someone posts #32, both #31 and #32 will show up on page 4.
Ed

Joules
July 28th, 2018, 08:35 AM
I was getting the database error for good 18 hours! It was traumatizing :violin:

LittleHealthy
July 28th, 2018, 08:54 AM
I was getting the database error for good 18 hours! It was traumatizing :violin:

So was I. I was under the impression that meant the site was being worked on. I assumed that because I’m in Australia they’d chosen to take it down during a non-peak time for those majority of users (USA).

Chromis
July 28th, 2018, 09:48 AM
Our apologies for the downtime!

lithostoic
July 28th, 2018, 10:05 AM
So was I. I was under the impression that meant the site was being worked on. I assumed that because I’m in Australia they’d chosen to take it down during a non-peak time for those majority of users (USA).

It was down when I got off work at 2pm and all day until I went to bed! Didn't try til just now. Was getting antsy haha.

Garnetgem
July 28th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Was down for me most of the day,who here was having LHC withdrawals? i sure was lol

ravenskey
July 28th, 2018, 10:12 AM
Was down for me most of the day,who here was having LHC withdrawals? i sure was lol

Definitely had withdrawals here :lol:

LittleHealthy
July 28th, 2018, 07:16 PM
Haha yes some withdrawals, but definitely no need for apologies!! The internet isn’t a magical place where things just somehow ‘work’ all the time with no maintenance haha!

C_Bookworm
July 28th, 2018, 10:08 PM
Haha yes some withdrawals, but definitely no need for apologies!! The internet isn’t a magical place where things just somehow ‘work’ all the time with no maintenance haha!
Yes, this!!! Thank you to all the lovely people taking care of the site behind the scenes. :grouphug: Nothing like losing it for a few hours to realize how much I value the site.

lapushka
July 29th, 2018, 03:12 PM
Our apologies for the downtime!

It happens, I guess. I had mailed the issue to the staff e-mail the first time, but the second time it happened it lasted for much longer and I didn't report it then again, figuring you guys were working on it and knew by now. :flower:

The issue is we're so used to this place. :lol:

MusicalSpoons
September 5th, 2018, 04:56 PM
Disappearing posts again! They have been on and off all day for me - not my posts, but when I click on the 'read unread posts' bit the new posts don't show up. It just takes me to the last page of the thread (sometimes what actually *is* the last page, sometimes what should be the penultimate page).

Groovy Granny
September 5th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Yesterday and today I have gotten a few double posts...but all the posts have been visible :hmm:

Chromis
September 5th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Disappearing posts again! They have been on and off all day for me - not my posts, but when I click on the 'read unread posts' bit the new posts don't show up. It just takes me to the last page of the thread (sometimes what actually *is* the last page, sometimes what should be the penultimate page).

I have been seeing those too, but have not solved their cause yet. They are so intermittent!