PDA

View Full Version : Conditioner recommendations

Arciela
July 15th, 2018, 12:24 PM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend some conditioners for me. Currently, I am growing out my bleached hair, my natural hair is about to my neck, but from there down its a tangled nightmare. My issue is..I can't use shampoo, I can only cowash as I am allergic to shampoos, but the bleached part of my hair is so tangled that it needs cones and from what I know, cowashing can't wash out certain cones. I've tried wen and it just makes my hair waxy. I am looking for conditioners like Hello Hydration but without protein or coconut ingredients, my hair doesn't seem to like that.

Does anyone know any good conditioners that have the evaporating cones? Like Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone or the ones with PEG in front of it? If I am correct those are the ones that can be easily washed out or evaporate? Or any conditioner without protein that has cones that I could cowash out..

I can't put sulfate on my length either, for allergy reasons..ugh and even if I did my hair would get so tangled I would probably be forced to cut it.

My hair is very dry and thick, so anything with moisture in it would be great. I've tried so many, but in the end, my hair just gets super tangly unless I put light cones on it..then its just fine. Thanks for reading :flower:

MusicalSpoons
July 15th, 2018, 01:02 PM
I can't recommend any specific conditioners but just wanted to add that Amodimethicone might also be an ingredient option - it's not water-soluble but it apparently doesn't build up on itself.

Are you allergic to cocamidopropyl betaine? I've read quote a few times that it washes out most cones, including dimethicone. D'oh, just reread your post and you said no coconut ingredients. Sorry! :doh:

Arciela
July 15th, 2018, 01:46 PM
I can't recommend any specific conditioners but just wanted to add that Amodimethicone might also be an ingredient option - it's not water-soluble but it apparently doesn't build up on itself.

Are you allergic to cocamidopropyl betaine? I've read quote a few times that it washes out most cones, including dimethicone. D'oh, just reread your post and you said no coconut ingredients. Sorry! :doh:

Oh nice! If I can use amodimethicone then that opens up a lot of options :)

LittleHealthy
July 15th, 2018, 04:06 PM
Hi, I’m only new here and not up with the terminology, but I have bleached ends, and the only way I managed to stop losing length via breakage was with Tresemme’s ‘Moisture Rich’ conditioner. It’s been amazing, I’ve been using it for the past 8 months and all of a sudden I’m gaining length again. It’s relatively cheap, too.

https://www.priceline.com.au/tresemme-moisture-rich-conditioner-900-ml?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIuJeW246i3AIVkSy9Ch2uxwwZEAQYA iABEgJbs_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Dark40
July 15th, 2018, 05:37 PM
You can try Pantene Pro-V conditioners. They have a lot of cones and dimethicones or cones in them. I use them all of the time, and they give my hair a very nice slip! Plus, they all give my chemically-treated hair a beautiful shine as well, and they also condition and seal in split ends as well! They all prevent split ends or damage. I used to bleach my hair to many years ago. I had to, because I have relaxed hair, and I can't mix bleach with the kind of relaxer I use.

Arciela
July 15th, 2018, 07:44 PM
Thank you both! I'll try Pantene and the Tresemme! :) I've been really wanting to try Pantene for a while now!

nycelle
July 15th, 2018, 07:50 PM
I looked and couldn't find anything with all your requirements. In fact, it was my mission while stuck in 4 hour traffic earlier..lol

The only one I can recommend, is "Klorane Conditioner with Mango Butter (https://www.kloraneusa.com/hair-care/products/hair-care-conditioner/conditioning-balm-with-mango-butter)" but it does not contain silicones. It's also free of everything else on your list (sulfate, protein, coconut.)

It's definitely hydrating, but my hair only has some environmental damage from the sun so I don't know if it would be enough for you. What may work is using either this product, or something similar, and then using a leave-in with cones on the damaged parts.

Arciela
July 15th, 2018, 11:07 PM
Thank you nycelle!! That conditioner looks amazing o.o I'll give it a try too! I do have a coney leave in..so maybe I can combine the two :)

And yeah..I live in NYC too, the traffic here is horrible lol ; ;