PDA

View Full Version : silicone free spray leave in conditioner?

blushy
July 14th, 2018, 07:40 PM
(Sorry if this thread has already been made, I searched and couldn't find my answer!)

I used to use a spray leave-in conditioner to set my hairstyles, refresh my hair, and make my hair feel soft but it had silicones in it and I'm completely silicone free! I haven't found a replacement since! :(
I was wondering if any of you have any recommendations for silicone free spray leave-in conditioners
or maybe a more natural solution? Like, would mixing water and oil or aloe in a spray bottle do the trick?
Thanks! :)

akurah
July 14th, 2018, 09:16 PM
Carol’s daughter has silicone free spray in conditioner.

poli
July 14th, 2018, 11:43 PM
I just own one leave-in and it's silicone free - Urtekram coconut.

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 14th, 2018, 11:48 PM
I use a cream leave in, not a spray.
The sprays tend to contain a lot more alcohol and for whatever reason dont make my hair feel nice at all.
The one I have is the Garnier legendary olive leave in conditioner.
you can, however, take a basic silicone free conditioner that you like: mix it with water in a spray bottle.
There you go, a leave in conditioner. I personally didnt have success with this method but others have.

SeRe
July 14th, 2018, 11:54 PM
Shea moisture has one with coconut, I think it's silicone free. It's a spray and I have used it, it's pretty good. A small sized bottle is about $3 so it's affordable too.

lapushka
July 15th, 2018, 04:25 AM
Alikay naturals has a good one, forget what it's called...

Ylva
July 15th, 2018, 05:23 AM
I've also used the ones by Urtekram, but for now I don't use any leave-ins, because they tend to make my hair feel very sticky. I did quite like the coconut one by Urtekram, though, but it's gotten a bit pricey where I used to get it from (Luxplus).

You can also make your own by mixing water, a bit of conditioner of your choice (make it silicone free in this case) and whatever else you may wish to put in there. Water and oil alone won't mix. :)

kitcatsmeow
July 15th, 2018, 07:07 AM
I actually use Shea Moisture curl and style milk. I have curly hair even though I wrap it to straighten. I also like adama minerals leave in. My favorite but so expensive.

nycelle
July 15th, 2018, 07:50 AM
My absolutely favorite that's turned into a HG product is, Briogeo - Rosarco Milk Reparative Leave-In Conditioning Spray. I use it on damp hair, dry hair, in-between washes, whenever I want basically. Love the way it leaves my hair, love it. Just amazing stuff.

As far as oils go, I use either Sweet Almond oil, or Argan oil on my very ends sometimes for slip, but oils alone don't moisturize

lapushka
July 15th, 2018, 08:33 AM
I've also used the ones by Urtekram, but for now I don't use any leave-ins, because they tend to make my hair feel very sticky. I did quite like the coconut one by Urtekram, though, but it's gotten a bit pricey where I used to get it from (Luxplus).

You can also make your own by mixing water, a bit of conditioner of your choice (make it silicone free in this case) and whatever else you may wish to put in there. Water and oil alone won't mix. :)

The key to using a leave-in product is not to use too much. When I use leave-in, I use about a coinsize amount for my classic length hair. Spread through palms and applied and that is more than enough.

blushy
July 15th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Wow thank u so much everyone! I'll be checking all of these out! :)

Ylva
July 15th, 2018, 10:18 AM
The key to using a leave-in product is not to use too much. When I use leave-in, I use about a coinsize amount for my classic length hair. Spread through palms and applied and that is more than enough.

I used sprays and I definitely didn't use much. Using something other than a spray would be totally out of question for me. :)