PDA

View Full Version : Hip length and Tailbone, come in please..

M.McDonough
July 13th, 2018, 06:27 PM
Hi there

If you you have hip length or tailbone length hair, how long did it take you to reach either of those? And please tell us where you started your growth from. Pixie, chin length, shoulder length, etc.

Robi-Bird
July 13th, 2018, 07:44 PM
I started my growth at a chin length bob, six years ago, and I am now at tailbone length. I've trimmed an inch or more several times.

Arciela
July 13th, 2018, 09:41 PM
I think from growing out from the roots (cuz I kept cutting off all the damage bleach parts as I went along, only keeping natural hair) it took me from September 2012 - May 2015 to be solid TBL. So not terribly long :) 3 years ^^

Groovy Granny
July 13th, 2018, 10:57 PM
It took me 3 years to grow from Chin length to Hip, but I have a short torso and am also shrinking (hip is 30 inches on me):o

Andthetalltrees
July 13th, 2018, 11:31 PM
I'm not quite hip, But from just shy of chin to waist+ has been 2 year, I should be hip by december or less so like 2.5 years in theory(I'm at 31" currently, Hip is 33-ish)

MidnightMoon
July 14th, 2018, 12:06 AM
From APL to hip was rather quick, for some reason, in less than 2 years I was there. Cut in February 2015, and looking at pictures from October 2016, I was at hip. But my ends were and still aren't in good condition. I've been cutting them, stuck at tailbone for a long time now, and feel like my hair is stalling in general. I'm even thinking it might not effectively grow past classic...

Jas
July 14th, 2018, 01:33 AM
Just at TBL now, had my hair cut January 2017 at MBL+ so a year and a half - much shorter time than I imagined :) I'm still a way from classic though, reckon it'll be next year I get there

kitcatsmeow
July 14th, 2018, 04:23 AM
Gonna take a guess and say two years from bsl to hip. I really wasn’t paying much attention or taking pics when I started and didn’t even really have a goal in mind.

ravenskey
July 14th, 2018, 04:28 AM
In June 2017 I was at MBL and now I'm HL+ but I have had a couple of trims since then - one a home trim in July 2017 and one at the hairdressers in March - combined they took off about 5".

squirrrel
July 14th, 2018, 06:09 AM
I was at BSL/24” when I joined. I was at hip+ (34.5”) a month and a half ago, but trimmed around 2”. I have done this at least a couple of times since joining, but only cut once in around 12+ months. Heading for 4 years to fully gain 10” it would seem (maybe 16-18” if including the amount I sometimes take off...).

Joules
July 14th, 2018, 06:13 AM
I was a tad below APL in March 2016, I called solid unstretched hip length this year in June (and stretched in the end of April). I trimmed my hair regularly until September 2017 though, without trims I could have gotten there at least 6 months earlier, maybe even sooner.

lapushka
July 14th, 2018, 08:15 AM
You might want to check out the "waist to tailbone" thread. Plenty of people there with answers for you. Might even want to read through that thread. :flower:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=5483

MoonRabbit
July 14th, 2018, 09:40 AM
Started at bsl in September 2015. Called hip September 2017, and I reached tailbone June 2018.

Reyn127
July 14th, 2018, 12:26 PM
I shaved my head in September 2010. Almost exactly two years and a few trims later, I was at collarbone length. I wasn't paying too much attention to my hair for a few years after that, but I know I was at waist when I joined here, which was nearly two years ago, so 2016. I did kind of a lot of trimming during that time, I specifically remember trimming off about 15 inches in total during those years. Wow! So I was hovering near waist for a little bit before I joined here, and since then I've basically not cut my hair besides two tiny trims and a bunch of S&D. Hip came around New Years 2017, and I called tailbone sometime after my birthday (October) of last year also. So 7 years and nearly a foot and a half of total trims, and I reached tailbone. It was five years from collarbone to tailbone for me, and I trimmed probably almost 12 inches during those years.

AutobotsAttack
July 14th, 2018, 01:50 PM
Started from a pixie/near chin length.

I’m a bit passed TBL completely stretched, and next month I’ll be three years since I’ve started growing it out again.

Milady_DeWinter
July 14th, 2018, 04:02 PM
It took 1 year and a half from BSL to hip (32") for me :)

M.McDonough
July 14th, 2018, 05:38 PM
I think from growing out from the roots (cuz I kept cutting off all the damage bleach parts as I went along, only keeping natural hair) it took me from September 2012 - May 2015 to be solid TBL. So not terribly long :) 3 years ^^

Wow! Your hair grows fast. Do you have a special routine or something..?

Jo Ann
July 15th, 2018, 10:17 PM
It's taken me about three years to grow from about BSL (see my avatar picture) to thisclose to TBL. In all, I've had about eight inches trimmed :confused: ...I think...

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 15th, 2018, 11:08 PM
took me about 3 years, i have had to cut off at least 6" in the 3 years that I have been growing.
and because of that, I have trimmed a lot of length and not currently at hip anymore.

*Wednesday*
July 16th, 2018, 07:03 PM
Oct 2015 I started at MBL. Oct 2017 I made it to hip. That was 2 years. I will measure again in Oct and hopefully be closer to BCL.

M.McDonough
July 16th, 2018, 11:11 PM

Sorry, but I'm having trouble believing that you went from roots to tailbone in only 3 years. I know that everybody's hair grows differently, but c'mon. It's about half in inch every month so in 3 years it should be around 18 inches long.

kitcatsmeow
July 17th, 2018, 06:55 AM
Sorry, but I'm having trouble believing that you went from roots to tailbone in only 3 years. I know that everybody's hair grows differently, but c'mon. It's about half in inch every month so in 3 years it should be around 18 inches long.

Yeah I’m kinda doubting this too. Maybe there was a miscalculation in the time frame? My hair grows quicker than average I’d say and here is almost 3 years starting a little past APL.

https://i.imgur.com/MyReFb8.jpg

Astrid Carlisle
July 17th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Yeah I’m kinda doubting this too. Maybe there was a miscalculation in the time frame? My hair grows quicker than average I’d say and here is almost 3 years starting a little past APL.

I honestly can't get over your hair, it's amazing!!

kitcatsmeow
July 17th, 2018, 09:42 AM
I honestly can't get over your hair, it's amazing!!

Thank you :)

M.McDonough
July 18th, 2018, 02:56 AM

I agree your hair is lovely

draysmir
July 18th, 2018, 04:49 AM
I started growing my hair February 2015 (three and a half years ago) at SL. I joined LHC with MBL hair in July 2016, and made it to HL October 2017. So it took me 2 1/2 years to get from SL to HL unstretched :)

I'm TBL stretched right now but temporarily maintaining. I would be TBL unstretched if I didn't trim for another month or two, so theoretically I could have made TBL in 3 1/2 years unstretched but will likely be there closer to 4 years due to trims.

I love comparing other people's hair growth journeys with mine, everyone's before and after pictures look amazing! :D

kitcatsmeow
July 18th, 2018, 09:25 AM
M.McDonough thank you so much

Addy
July 18th, 2018, 10:08 AM
I went from a pixie in March 2013 to tailbone in 5 years. I was cutting the pixie into a bob as I was growing out. If I'd of not done that, I'd probably be around classic with layers right now.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
July 18th, 2018, 01:20 PM
I joined in June 2016 and found myself at hip stretched in January 2018. Which makes it 1.5 year. I am currently at tbl stretched but hip curly, making the later 2 years.

Andthetalltrees
July 18th, 2018, 02:07 PM

I grow averaged 0.75" a month and 3 years is about how long it takes from above shoulder to tbl for me, I definitely see it possible. I went from shoulder to classic in 3.5 years one time. I have had years of 10" of growth too, So yeah some people grow well beyond 0.5" a month, Edit; Also to add if you're shorter or have milestones closer together someones TBL might be 35" while another is 49" so it would skew the results too

Pumpkin3826
July 18th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I started with a chin length inverted bob back in April 2014. I just got to TBL a few months ago. So it took me about 4 years. I am 5'10" if that helps for reference.

kitcatsmeow
July 18th, 2018, 05:06 PM
I grow averaged 0.75" a month and 3 years is about how long it takes from above shoulder to tbl for me, I definitely see it possible. I went from shoulder to classic in 3.5 years one time. I have had years of 10" of growth too, So yeah some people grow well beyond 0.5" a month, Edit; Also to add if you're shorter or have milestones closer together someones TBL might be 35" while another is 49" so it would skew the results too

Gah I always forget about height effect. However I still can’t see roots to tbl in that period. If she truly can grow that fast that’s amazing and I’m super jelly though!

Dante
July 19th, 2018, 05:04 AM
My hair was a chin length bob in October 2014, and hit hip length in April this year (both measured wavy). I’m 5’10” for reference.

Will try to attach pics but not having much success of late (has something changed?)

https://i67.tinypic.com/2lxdmrn.jpg

kitcatsmeow
July 19th, 2018, 07:05 AM
My hair was a chin length bob in October 2014, and hit hip length in April this year (both measured wavy). I’m 5’10” for reference.

Will try to attach pics but not having much success of late (has something changed?)

https://i67.tinypic.com/2lxdmrn.jpg

I am not able to use tinypic or flikr anymore either. Imgur works! I downloaded the app and it’s super easy.

Belgrade Beauty
September 25th, 2021, 11:31 AM
Hi!
I started from shoulder length in March 2018, now I'm on tailbone length in September 2021. So, three and a half years. Buuuut, I did trim it 10ish times in that period, not large trims, upkeeping. So, it would probably be less than three years.