PDA

View Full Version : Banana clip - Did I do this right?

cjk
July 12th, 2018, 02:10 PM
https://i.imgur.com/sh5vt3X.jpg

I've never worn one of these things before. Is this correct?

MoonRabbit
July 12th, 2018, 02:18 PM
Yep :) I love banana clips though I haven't worn one in years. I loved how they made my shorter ponytail look much longer than it really was.

Dark40
July 12th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I also love banana clips too. I also haven't worn them on years too. They do help my BSL hair look longer than that.

cjk
July 12th, 2018, 03:07 PM
It's odd. Ponytail yes, but it almost feels long and narrow like a Mohawk.

This is my first time.

Dark40
July 12th, 2018, 03:32 PM
Yes, I know. It is odd, and sometimes it does feels long and narrow like a Mohawk.

Groovy Granny
July 12th, 2018, 04:18 PM
Yup, you're good :thumbsup:

I love and still use them!

Robot Ninja
July 12th, 2018, 04:19 PM
It's odd. Ponytail yes, but it almost feels long and narrow like a Mohawk.

This is my first time.

Yes, it's supposed to somewhat resemble a mohawk.

I never had one in the '80s because my mom thought they were stupid, and haven't thought about them in years but now I kinda want to see if I can find one....

velvetpuddles
July 12th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Yes, it's supposed to somewhat resemble a mohawk.

I never had one in the '80s because my mom thought they were stupid, and haven't thought about them in years but now I kinda want to see if I can find one....

I'm not sure where you are, but I actually just saw them at Walmart the other day. It was a multi-pack. I've been hearing about them more recently, they may be coming back again? Who knows. But if they are, shouldn't be too hard to find.

Now I'm curious...

cjk
July 12th, 2018, 04:46 PM
My local Dollar Tree carries them, regularly. Multiple designs too. Figured for a dollar I'd try it, got a black and a brown in a 2-pack.

Beckstar
July 12th, 2018, 04:50 PM
It looks great. I had so many of them back in the 80s. I have one I purchased in 2001 and that's what I use to check my growth progress. I can finally get my hair into one without using bobby pins.

MoonRabbit
July 12th, 2018, 05:21 PM
My grandma gave me hers. I will have to dig them out of storage. If memory serves me correctly, I remember having different sizes, maybe the smaller ones will work better and give you less of a mohawk vibe.