PDA

View Full Version : How do you deal with frizzy new hairs

Hairismypower
July 11th, 2018, 11:36 PM
I have tiny frizzy hairs over my entire head - mostly on my scalp that are growing in and they defy gravity. No matter how much oil I put in or how soft and moisturised my hair is those stubborn hairs are just the bane of my life.

Groovy Granny
July 11th, 2018, 11:44 PM
It may very well be new growth :thumbsup:

You can also try aloe gel or hair spray; Biosilk serum helps mine now that it is longer.
With shorter growth I found that using a BBB followed by a spritz of hairspray tamed it for important occasions .
Aloe never worked for me; my hair is too fine/wispy.
You have to experiment, and just embrace it for what it is (yay for new growth)...it will pass for the most part (until the next round)....but may never be fully controlled ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
July 12th, 2018, 12:00 AM
I ignore them :)

ursaV
July 12th, 2018, 12:37 AM
I ignore them :)

Haha this^ whatever my hair decides to do I accept.

Maybe use oil or aloe and then a thick, soft headband or bandanna to train them down?

Arciela
July 12th, 2018, 04:55 AM
Sounds like new growth! I just ignore em because I know its new growth and that's always a good thing ^^ hehe I enjoy the volume.

nycelle
July 12th, 2018, 06:10 AM
Frizz is the bane of my existence.

Gels, or pomades/hair balms work. For something natural, you can make your own gel with Flax seeds.

Also, I found out that sleeping with all my hair in a silk cap, and leave-in conditioners that I prefer to use when my hair's dry, got rid of my frizz.

eta: If you're not opposed to silicones, Ouai hair oil is the best product I've ever tried for frizz. Can be used every day without weighing your hair down. I was using it a few times a day and my hair never got oily.

lapushka
July 12th, 2018, 06:31 AM
I have tiny frizzy hairs over my entire head - mostly on my scalp that are growing in and they defy gravity. No matter how much oil I put in or how soft and moisturised my hair is those stubborn hairs are just the bane of my life.

That is pretty much the norm. Hair grows in cycles, some shed out, some grow back, it is an ongoing cycle of regrowth, otherwise we would lose all our hair in one go (bald) and then regrow, which is why a constant "fluff" on the head is normal.

You can slick them back with a little AV (Aloe Vera gel) or flaxseed gel (homemade from flaxseeds), or use a regular gel or paste of some sort. Or even a tiny bit of hairspray. Spray a toothbrush (new, of course), then "comb" over your head, tadaa.

flowerbabies
July 12th, 2018, 07:28 AM
I use aveda air control hairspray or Alterna Cavia omega+ anti frizz oil. It’s really nice on my fine hair but I can’t use much or it gets oily.

I don’t like the l frizzies either! It’s not noticeable when my hair is up though, so that could be another solution!

nycelle
July 12th, 2018, 08:26 AM
@flowerbabies Alterna has good products.
Before going silicone free I got their 10 in 1 cc cream and it also helped with frizz. Was a good cream for lots of things.

TreesOfEternity
July 12th, 2018, 10:19 AM
I had tones of those floating all over my head, and wearing a satin scarf on my hair while sleeping absolutely solved it, I don’t have to put gel or products on top of my hair anymore :)

MoonRabbit
July 12th, 2018, 10:28 AM
For my hair, making sure it is really moisturized helps the most. If I use a deep conditioner my hair really likes, 80% of those little hairs will corroborate.

Kake
July 12th, 2018, 12:39 PM
Gel for me. I've been trying silicone and sulfate free and I think my hair is generally less frizzy now. I smooth some gel over the canopy and that helps a lot with the new growth.

Peppergirl
July 12th, 2018, 12:44 PM
I condition regularly. Even though I didn’t think I needed it, I really did. Frizz is gone!

Kake
July 12th, 2018, 12:53 PM
^ you're so lucky.

kitcatsmeow
July 12th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Ugh I have a ton of these at my temples and nape thanks to my postpartum shed and now regrowth. Super annoying. I use a bb brush to smooth them and if I’m going out and want to keep it looking decent I use chi keratin flexible hairspray. It’s th only hairspray I use. It doesn’t get sticky and brushes easily.