PDA

View Full Version : Transitioning to semi colours and silicone free. Advice?

LillithTheFirst
July 8th, 2018, 11:12 PM
I’m growing out henndigo, and black permanent dye. Never using anything but Demi/semi colours ever again. Went through an ordeal removing dye, bleach bathing. My hair at the crown-shoulders came out red/orange and my lengths green. Had to go over it with a mahogony. Not near my natural colour but at least not black. Planning to just use semi colours like Adore and mix with conditioner to get different tones and eventually get my natural colour back - which will take a while for a level 5-6 brown. Needed to cut my hair from CL to BCL from the damage - to be fair probably needed it anyway - the ends were looking scraggly and detangling was a nightmare. Very ‘clingy’ ends.

I am also looking to transition to sulphate and silicone free hair care trying Tresemme Botanique as I heard it has more slip. Do I need to do a few clarifying shampoos first to get rid of silicones or do I just get into the new routine???

akurah
July 8th, 2018, 11:42 PM
You might be ok just using a sulfate, but clarifying first probably wouldn’t hurt. I’m not sure transitioning away from silicones with damaged hair is going to be a good idea but your mileage may vary.

lapushka
July 9th, 2018, 05:05 AM
I would wait going silicone-free until the damage is out your hair. Not coating damaged hair in enough slippery (siliconey) conditioner might lead to mechanical wear and tear and breakage, and might not be conducive to growing it and or keeping the length.

Arciela
July 9th, 2018, 06:19 AM
I'd clarify first then change the routine, if you want to try silicone free :) if your hair doesn't like being cone free you can always go back to the cones.