PDA

View Full Version : How did you feel when you reached your goal length?

softheartedandl
July 8th, 2018, 08:02 PM
I'm quite bummed. Classic is my goal right now and I thought I had just reached tailbone. Turns out I'm still stuck at hip. I must have subconsciously had my head tilted when I measured.

To lift my spirits I thought it would be nice to read about how it feels when one finally reaches their goal length! So if anybody would like to share please feel free to!

Thanks in advance!

emilyogini
July 8th, 2018, 08:28 PM
Before I cut all my hair off, I made it to my goal length of mid back. I felt like I was HOME, you know what I mean? If it got longer, great. If it didn't, great. I'd found my sweet spot and every day I was already happy with how it looked and felt. --Now I'm just making my way back to (at least!) that length again. I've got you all here to inspire me to go even longer someday, should I want to:)

Arciela
July 8th, 2018, 08:37 PM
When I reached tailbone I felt pretty happy! It finally started to feel long...although my goal is just as long as I can stand it, but TBL was my original goal. :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
July 8th, 2018, 09:24 PM
I was happy, of course, then I felt kind of at a loose end, like I had nothing to aim for any more, so I extended my goal length :laugh:

Groovy Granny
July 8th, 2018, 09:44 PM
Thrilled :joy:

I never expected to be a silver long hair at my age! :hmm:

I enjoy the freedom of style is gives me each day; it is so much fun....with never a bad hair day :)

Put it up and forget it; you'll be at goal before you know it :cheer:

Rhoward
July 8th, 2018, 10:04 PM
I was super happy that I reached my goal length, but reality was definitely different for me than the expectation!

I had a pretty modest goal of MBL, I reached it - and it drove me nuts! I shed more and it was a pain in the butt to look after. I cut it to BSL and that's where I keep it now, its my happy length. ;)

Wildhorserider
July 8th, 2018, 10:38 PM
I’ll get back to you in about 5 years... 😉

ravenskey
July 9th, 2018, 03:03 AM
I’ll get back to you in about 5 years... ��

Same here really - only 2 years not 5.

WL was my original goal before LHC but I reached it and have now surpassed it because it just didn't feel long, now I want to reach Classic length by the time I graduate secondary school which seems feasible - less than 10" to go and just under 2 years to grow.

embee
July 9th, 2018, 05:06 AM
I was heading to Terminal Length, so it was a long journey. When I got there I was astonished.... pleased... and also a little disappointed that it wasn't a bit beyond Classic. Would have been really neat to get to Mid-Thigh, where my longest racer hairs (all 3 of them) reached.

That said, Classic is a great length for me, and I'm not sure I'd have even really liked anything much longer. But I didn't realize that at the time. I suspect there is a point after which it is harder to comb or brush, and for me that feels like Classic. Unlikely to ever test it though. This is not a stall, I am at my Terminal Length. :)

MusicalSpoons
July 9th, 2018, 06:14 AM
I'm not there yet, but I remember after classic I didn't feel my hair was growing (I came to LHC at ~TBL) so when I reached my shorter-term mini goal of FTL, it felt amazing! I was so pleased to have sure proof that my hair was growing, I didn't bother measuring (either in inches or on my body) for many months afterwards :o

As for my main goal, I'll hopefully be able to comment further at the start of next year :) though I do have my sights set beyond the goal :laugh:

emilyogini
July 9th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Hey MusicalSpoons, what is FTL? I know it must be a length but I cannot find the meaning on this site

ravenskey
July 9th, 2018, 08:22 AM
Hi emilyogini I'm not MusicalSpoons(obviously) but FTL means Fingertip Length - for most it is somewhere between Classic length and Mid-thigh length.

Wildhorserider
July 9th, 2018, 09:14 AM
Same here really - only 2 years not 5.

WL was my original goal before LHC but I reached it and have now surpassed it because it just didn't feel long, now I want to reach Classic length by the time I graduate secondary school which seems feasible - less than 10" to go and just under 2 years to grow.

Hopefully it’ll be less than 5 years for me too. I just threw that out there because I’ve never actually tracked my growth. I have no clue how fast my hair will grow if I take good care of it. I’m short, 5’2”. 31” will be classic for me. I have 23” to go.

samanthaa
July 9th, 2018, 12:02 PM
I technically have met my hair length goal, the original one of TBL. But now the length goal is more like classic, and I have other hair goals, such as all virgin (3ish years to go) and a blunt hemline (I figure I'll achieve this when I cut out the henna in 3ish years).

Meeting TBL was underwhelming, mostly because I still have those two other goals to reach. My hair may be TBL, but it looks and feels more like hip just because of how fine/floaty is it.

velvetpuddles
July 9th, 2018, 12:40 PM
To be honest, I never really had a goal. I'm at TBL right now, and it just sort of... happened. I've usually kept my hair BSL or longer and just kinda stopped cutting it!

I'm curious to see how long it will go. If it doesn't drive me crazy before that!

lapushka
July 9th, 2018, 02:23 PM
It felt like I had reached a big milestone! Like: yay! :cheer:

And also... like it still wasn't long enough. LOL!

daisy rei
July 9th, 2018, 04:27 PM
I don't think I'm ever going to reach my goal length because it keeps getting longer! :twisted:

lunalocks
July 9th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Well, my first goal length was waist and it just didn't feel long enough. My next was just getting down to TB, then classic. I was very happy there. But curious. Could i grow longer? Fingertip was pretty cool and I'd probably be happy cutting back to that and staying there, but knee beckons. Only 3 inches to go.

After getting the length goals, I'm still not entirely satisfied because I want long AND a nice hemline. So that is my next goal - thicker ends. Which will mean either trimming or cutting back.

MoonRabbit
July 9th, 2018, 08:14 PM
My first big goal was hip. I reached hip last September but in my mind I was already thinking about longer goals lol. It was really exciting to reach my first goal. I remember standing in front of the mirror after I did a decent needed chop to almost bsl back in 2015, and thinking how long it was going to take to reach hip length. Before I knew it I was already there, it was like the years just flew by. I felt happy and accomplished and prepared for the next big journey.

clandestine
July 11th, 2018, 03:00 PM
My first goal was waist that I grew over years through many setbacks. Now that I'm here I want to focus on the quality of my ends so I'm planning on a trim of at least 1 inch. I have super old bleach damage so the trim doesn't stress me out very much.

MusicalSpoons
July 11th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Hey MusicalSpoons, what is FTL? I know it must be a length but I cannot find the meaning on this site

Hi emilyogini I'm not MusicalSpoons(obviously) but FTL means Fingertip Length - for most it is somewhere between Classic length and Mid-thigh length.

Yup, that's it exactly. [For me it was an inch or so over halfway between the two, so it felt like mid-though came relatively quickly after that :)]

ETA: Heh, I just remembered - the first several times I saw 'FTL' all I could think of was 'faster than light' and warp drives and time travel :laugh:

GrowingGlory
July 11th, 2018, 05:29 PM
It's nice, but somewhat anticlimactic.

spidermom
July 11th, 2018, 10:19 PM
Kind of anti-climactic really. I thought classic length would be "all that", and more often than not it was a gigantic pain in the butt.

Jo Ann
July 11th, 2018, 10:54 PM
Sheer contentment! :p

Onward to the next goal! :violin:

poli
July 12th, 2018, 03:38 AM
I had a modest goal of waist length and when I finally got there I was like : "Ok, let's stop here and see if I like having long hair"
Right now I think I will try to grow to hip :)