PDA

View Full Version : I know I’ve asked this before, but...

Katem
July 8th, 2018, 05:52 PM
Is it time to cut my bleached hair? It’s come to a point where I just don’t know what to do. I have tried protein treatments (eggs, gelatin), moisture treatments (SMT, almond oil, rose hip oil), co washing, going back to shampoo, tea rinses, chelating, clarifying, ACV, etc. But I cannot shake this horrible feeling. It literally feels like someone taped hay to my hair. I know I’ve said that in the past, but it wasn’t nearly severe as what it’s like now. There’s a crunchy feeling, and when I rub it together it feels so strange. It’s only from the chin down, though. Everything above that feels silky smooth. Also, the ends are acting weird in the sense that they are very moldeable- not like clay, but they take on whatever shape they were in & become super frizzy and dry. So if I put it in a bun, it emerges from the bun like extremely curly hair that’s been brushed out (but extremely dry- not just healthy curls that have lost their shape). Any last ideas before I chop? I am going to post pictures in an hour or so, then you guys can see exactly what I’ve got here & hopefully diagnose.

Thanks for the help again!

DoomKitty
July 8th, 2018, 07:10 PM
Have you tried Curaplex or Olaplex? I used Curaplex on my bleached hair and it really helped. I'm currently using coconut oil as a detangler and night-before-pre-poo and my hair loves it.

Obsidian
July 8th, 2018, 07:11 PM
There is a point that hair becomes so damaged that no amount of care is really going to help.

If you can't ignore it or find some way to hide it, with a heavy silicone serum for example, then it might be best to cut.

softheartedandl
July 8th, 2018, 07:21 PM
I know it's tough and emotional and I hate to say it, but I think cutting it would be best. There might be some wonder product out there that could make your bleached ends look or feel as if they weren't damaged but there's not really anything that can reverse damage.

illicitlizard
July 8th, 2018, 07:27 PM
If the texture is that bad, it sounds damaged beyond repair. Could just be best to cut it at this point... You could hide the damage with silicones or some other filler product but you won't be able to repair it.

spidermom
July 8th, 2018, 07:37 PM
I would try a protein treatment containing hydrolyzed protein. I believe that the molecules of eggs and gelatin are too big to penetrate the hair shaft, so they aren't going to do much. Do protein followed by moisture or use a product that gives both.

Robi-Bird
July 8th, 2018, 07:52 PM
If you haven't tried it already, give Olaplex a shot. It is not a miracle worker, no such thing exists, but it does improve the feeling of hair, and the strength of it.

Arciela
July 8th, 2018, 08:40 PM
I'm in a similar position. From the neck down I've got bleached hair and its damaged. After doing olaplex, protein treatments followed by SMT and using Hawaiian silky leave in..I didn't have to cut it, but I was close to doing it a couple days ago.

If your hair really feels damaged beyond repair, then I'd just cut back by milestones and see how it feels. :)