PDA

View Full Version : About to go to the store and need some help please

Milkchocolate
July 7th, 2018, 06:36 PM
I’ve been feeling very down about my hair lately. I don’t know what’s been going on, but lately it’s just so crispy looking, dull, dry and lifeless. And it’s breaking like mad! And I’m not easily prone to breakage! And if you have very long hair, I feel like it looks more obvious. It could be the hot weather we have been having, (its been in the 100s for the past few days) I just don’t have an explanation. I’ve just been trying to hide it because it’s bumming me out :(
So I’m going to the store later and look for the best deep conditioner or hair mask! What is the best one you can recommend to me when you are in absolute need of repair?! I’m particularly going to Sally’s if anyone from here is familiar, but will be willing to try anything with any price range as long as it’s a miracle! Something that will add moisture and repair the living heck out of this dry lifeless long hair :(

DoomKitty
July 7th, 2018, 07:03 PM
I love HASK conditioners. I use the keratin and Argan as my two conditioners in CWC and their Argan Deep Conditioning treatment is awesome. I usually leave it in for 4 hours. My hair is bleached and dyed and I've found that those conditioners plus coconut oil as a detangler and a pre poo on dry hair (wet hair + coconut oil is a no-go for me) have done wonders for my hair.

Obsidian
July 7th, 2018, 07:07 PM
You might also look at the a chelating and clarifying shampoo. Sallys has one called quantum, it does what its supposed to but I really like joico clarifying better if you can find it. I second hask, its a great brand. I don't get to sally's often but when I do, I usually pick up a few different masks in little packs. They are cheap and its a good way to experiment without breaking your wallet.

Milkchocolate
July 7th, 2018, 11:40 PM
Thank you guys, I will definitely be purchasing hask tomorrow <3

lapushka
July 8th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Seconding the HASK products. Shea & Maui Moisture are nice too, as is Garnier Whole Blends' line of masks & conditioners.

I noticed some breakage today too, for the first time, but I wasn't as gentle with my pre-wash detangling. :o

Milkchocolate
July 8th, 2018, 03:02 PM
Seconding the HASK products. Shea & Maui Moisture are nice too, as is Garnier Whole Blends' line of masks & conditioners.

I noticed some breakage today too, for the first time, but I wasn't as gentle with my pre-wash detangling. :o

I just purchased some Hask deep conditioners in Argan and Keratin! Thank you all for your recommendations! So excited to see the results :) I also purchased Carols Daughter hair sheen and a hair masque sample of Shea Moisture repair masque. I love trying new products, so excited :)

Dark40
July 8th, 2018, 03:24 PM
You may want to try Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. It really works wonders for my dry over-processed hair! It really deep conditions my hair by repairing it and moisturizing it to the follicles. I use it once a week. I also do light protein/moisture treatments once a week as well. That really work wonders for my hair!!!

Belle03
August 4th, 2018, 02:28 AM
You may want to try Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair Conditioning Cream. It really works wonders for my dry over-processed hair! It really deep conditions my hair by repairing it and moisturizing it to the follicles. I use it once a week. I also do light protein/moisture treatments once a week as well. That really work wonders for my hair!!!

I use Aphogee 2 minute Keratin Reconstructor (light protein treatment). Then follow up with a moisturizing deep conditioner. I use the light protein once a month, & I'm texlaxed (4c hair).