PDA

View Full Version : Beauty is confidence and a state of mind

SeRe
July 6th, 2018, 03:45 PM
I used to receive many hair compliments until about 6 months ago. Then I started worrying about my hair and the compliments stopped.

Yesterday, I finally got over my breakup and woke up feeling good. I also decided it was time to accept my hair as it was, even if it was behaving in an eccentric way. Today I washed it, wore it down and didn’t feel conscious. I was surprising confident and cheerful. And I had 3 stranger women in my office cafe not only compliment me very nicely, but also asked me to share my entire hair care routine with them. Of course, I told them about LHC too!

The surprising thing is nothing changed but my attitude. My routine is the same as it was 6 months ago. The only thing that changed is I’m feeling more confident and happy, like my normal self again.

I used to hear that beauty is confidence, but I only realized it today. Your state of mind really affects how the world sees you.

spidermom
July 6th, 2018, 03:53 PM
I think part of that is approachability. Your hair may have looked as good on other occasions, but because of "reasons", you weren't approachable.

Hairismypower
July 6th, 2018, 05:25 PM
That's amazing thank you for sharing. It's crazy what the world is when you approach it from a different light. When you give off negativity you'll only get that back but when you are fully comfortable you allow other people to be the same.

Even though I know this is true I often don't think this way. I hardly ever leave my house and only when I deem myself 'perfect'. When I do go out I'm either pretending I'm fine so I'll feel good or not being comfortable in my skin. Sorry to put this here I don't want to make anyone feel negative. Sending good vibes to whoever reads this.

Arciela
July 7th, 2018, 07:05 AM
Yup, I find the more confident I am the more people can approach me. I'm glad you feel confident and happy now, SeRe :) it's a wonderful feeling!

Where I live (big city) I usually out on big sunglasses and put on my earbuds so people, mostly random guys trying to hit on me or whatever they call it, will leave me alone lol but on the days I don't do that, I walk around with my head up eye, smile etc, lots of people approach me, compliment, talk, etc :flower:

Margarita
July 7th, 2018, 07:24 AM
That. Beauty is indeed confidence, and it can affect your aura and feelings. I've noticed that too, when i felt very comfortable, i got compliments. When i felt uncomfortable, i did not received any compliments. My best friends almost compliment my hair all the time, "Your curls are pretty", "your hair is very beautiful". I also try to accept my hair's attitude and way time to time :)

browneyedsusan
July 7th, 2018, 07:54 AM
So true! A smile and good attitude go a long way. I've seen it lots of times, and experienced it myself. :)

browneyedsusan
July 7th, 2018, 09:19 AM
So true! A smile and good attitude go a long way. I've seen it lots of times, and experienced it myself. :)

daisy rei
July 7th, 2018, 01:34 PM
Even though everyone has a different idea of what is considered "beautiful" - I think most people can agree that confidence is sexy!

Groovy Granny
July 7th, 2018, 01:51 PM
I am more home bound these days and when I do go out I am in 'avoidance mode'....so this has given me a lot to think about in being aware of how I present myself :thumbsup:

On the other hand, I came to terms with my aging/health and how my long silver goes against the grain years ago.....and I am proudly ME on a daily basis :flower:

akurah
July 7th, 2018, 09:51 PM
So not to derail, but a thought:
Maybe they always thought your hair was gorgeous, but did not want to talk to you about it because you looked uncomfortable in general and maybe that you would prefer not to discuss it? And the change in attitude (gaining confidence) sort of opened the door for them to feel comfortable complimenting you (ex: they don't feel like they're bothering you by complimenting you)....

I was pondering this last night, but wasn't in a position to speculate.

Strawonaberry
July 7th, 2018, 10:05 PM
I'm happy you're feeling llike that :)
I agree with the others saying they probably always found you beautiful but were hesitant to approach you.
It happens to me too where some days I feel hideous and others I feel gorgeous, and it's not a conscious decision... but I do try to stay positive about myself too!

Strawonaberry
July 7th, 2018, 10:07 PM
I'm happy you're feeling like that :)
I too have days when I feel hideous and very self-conscious, and others when I feel gorgeous, and I don't know on what it depends... But I do try to stay positive about myself too!
Good luck

leayellena
July 8th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Indeed beauty is a state of mind, not fashion. I look awful with short hair but I look amazing (yes, I even receive the Amazing! compliments) with bunned hair. although I have round face I don't frame my face in any way (no bangs, no side bangs, no curtain bangs, no volume or high or top knots). Some fine wispy strands near my ears and eyes are enough to frame my face. Sometimes they stick up, some other times they curl/twirl a bit. It's not a huge greasy chunk of layers. Probably that's why I receive compliments - I don't know - because I show the world how effortless really is!

Belle03
August 4th, 2018, 02:36 AM
Indeed beauty is a state of mind, not fashion. I look awful with short hair but I look amazing (yes, I even receive the Amazing! compliments) with bunned hair. although I have round face I don't frame my face in any way (no bangs, no side bangs, no curtain bangs, no volume or high or top knots). Some fine wispy strands near my ears and eyes are enough to frame my face. Sometimes they stick up, some other times they curl/twirl a bit. It's not a huge greasy chunk of layers. Probably that's why I receive compliments - I don't know - because I show the world how effortless really is!

I agree with all the ladies. I believe having that inner confidence is extremely sexy. I realize the older I become, the more confident I am. The longer hair is also a pleasant addition.