PDA

View Full Version : What to do with 2 bottles of conditioner?

guska
July 5th, 2018, 11:00 PM
So I've decided to go back to WO earlier than planned but I still have 2 bottles of conditioner left. :doh: I don't know what to use it for. It's organic and pretty expensive stuff so nothing I'm gonna waste.
Technically I could use it as a body wash but I prefer to WO my body. I could also give them away to my friends but I don't meet them until like in mid-August.

Thanks for any suggestions!

MidnightMoon
July 5th, 2018, 11:31 PM
You could try to sell them in the swap thread, or gift them there as well.
Mid August doesn't seem far away, though.

Groovy Granny
July 5th, 2018, 11:59 PM
What I didn't like to use on my head, I always used for shave cream :)

Milkchocolate
July 6th, 2018, 02:31 AM
Yes shaving cream most definitely!

guska
July 6th, 2018, 02:48 AM
Yes shaving cream most definitely!

What I didn't like to use on my head, I always used for shave cream :)

Thanks for the suggestions but I shave only once a year :rolleyes:

lapushka
July 6th, 2018, 03:36 AM
Maybe wait to go WO until you have used everything up? That would seem the least wasteful to me.

chomsky
July 6th, 2018, 04:15 AM
I found this article

https://www.buzzfeed.com/amphtml/becagrimm/20-insanely-helpful-new-ways-to-use-your-hair-cond-en98#am

I hope that link works. It's got some novel uses for hair conditioner. :o

embee
July 6th, 2018, 04:42 AM
I used conditioner to wash woolens. Made them nice and soft.

lapushka
July 6th, 2018, 05:40 AM
I used conditioner to wash woolens. Made them nice and soft.

That depends on how thick of a consistency the conditioner is, if it is still a tad runny, fine, but a thick glob? I would not pour that down the machine.

MoonRabbit
July 6th, 2018, 07:44 AM
Could always donate them to your local thrift store or women shelter.

Groovy Granny
July 6th, 2018, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the suggestions but I shave only once a year :rolleyes:

Oh wow...ok :lol:

I am fair, have virtually no extra hair off my head due to age/thyroid/adrenal issues....and I still 'shave' what little wisps that sprout weekly :o

embee
July 6th, 2018, 11:02 AM
That depends on how thick of a consistency the conditioner is, if it is still a tad runny, fine, but a thick glob? I would not pour that down the machine.

I handwash most woolens and if I use a machine (like for a blanket) I dilute heavily.

lapushka
July 6th, 2018, 11:23 AM
I handwash most woolens and if I use a machine (like for a blanket) I dilute heavily.

Oh I see. We have a delicate cycle and a few wool cycles (with the woolmark) on our machine, one is 30°C and one is 40°C. It depends on what you need to wash. Diluting is an option that hadn't run across my mind. :)

Arciela
July 6th, 2018, 11:31 AM
I use conditioners that I don't like as shaving cream :flower: Hehe or give them away, I've done that as well :)

Rehab350
July 6th, 2018, 03:18 PM
I just used conditioner to wash my clothes. The smell is so nice and it does the job very well.
My clothes wasn't that dirty or stained.

Nightshade
July 6th, 2018, 03:19 PM
You could also add them to your bathwater. It'd make for a lovely, moisturizing bath :)

Salwety
July 8th, 2018, 08:02 PM
Adding to the above suggestions, if it smells good use it in a spray bottle with water as a cleaner ( to wipe dust) or fabrics refresher for the furniture. If you have carpets with static energy, just spray them and they will be fine for weeks.

guska
July 8th, 2018, 11:06 PM
Thanks for the suggestions!