PDA

View Full Version : Realized something about my hair type

SeRe
July 3rd, 2018, 11:13 AM
I was going through old pictures today. It turns out I had ringlets (2c/3a) as a baby!

I looked at high school pictures too. My hair was 1c till my ears and then 2c/3a after that. I had shoulder length hair back then.

I then looked at college pictures. Here I had uniform 2a hair and only the last 1-2 inches of my hair curled more, like a 2c/3a. Here I had bra strap length hair.

My hair now is 1c/2a, with the last 1-2 inches being a 2a or 2a/2b. My hair is almost at tbl.

My hair had changed a lot! The only thing that remains constant is that the ends of my hair wave/curl.

I’m not sure what caused this type change. Just felt it was interesting enough to share.

Please share stories if you underwent a change too.

MusicalSpoons
July 3rd, 2018, 11:22 AM
I haven't, beyond 1a as a young child to 1b as an older child, still 1b. My sister, however, used to have ringlets as a baby/toddler, then gradually lost them as she became an older child. She still has the odd baby hair curl here and there, and her texture might now be 1c or 2a as a young adult (I don't quite know, not having seen it airdried for many years).

ravenskey
July 3rd, 2018, 11:45 AM
Oooh, I'm the opposite of you, I went from stick straight 1a to a wavy/wurly 2a/2b.

Stray_mind
July 3rd, 2018, 11:52 AM
My hair always switches between 1c and 2b... Usually my hair from the top of my head till my ears is rather straight, but further down it can be either still 1c or 2a, or 2b, depending on the weather and the general mood of my hair, hahaha

Margarita
July 3rd, 2018, 12:00 PM
My hair was a lot better when i was a child. Till my 10s i had great hair, beautiful curls, volume, my hair was longer and frizz-free. When i reached my 11s-12s my hair started to get worse(probably due to hormonal changes or just my haircare routine). Damn years i started being fanatical over straight hair and i would torture my hair after shower to make them straight, ugh. I also started dying my hair at 14-15 and it was the time i had bleached my hair 3 times within 1 and half year. As for now, im grateful im caring much more for my hair, my hair is 5 times better than it used to be. It also tend to make some failures like frizz and easily ruined curls but im really happy its a lot better now :o