PDA

View Full Version : how long did it take you?

abqbelly
March 22nd, 2008, 11:22 AM
for all of you long hair veterans, i know hair grows about 1/2 a month, but judging by your experience and accoutning for breakage and all that stuff, how long do you think it will take me to reach waist? or how long did it take you when you were at my length?

suicides_eve
March 22nd, 2008, 12:55 PM
well assuming that hair grows 6" a year i am just guessing but it looks like you need at least another foot so i would say a year and a half more of growth then you will reach your goal

MissHair
March 22nd, 2008, 01:02 PM
well assuming that hair grows 6" a month

Month? Or year? :eek::eek::eek:

Xandergrammy
March 22nd, 2008, 01:04 PM
I don't think your hair looks like it's a foot away from waist, unless I'm looking at the picture incorrectly. How many inches do you figure you have from your hemline to your waist?

suicides_eve
March 22nd, 2008, 01:06 PM
LOL thats what i get for typing with a 2 year old shoving easter eggs in my face:lala:. ...6" a year is what i meant:o

abqbelly
March 22nd, 2008, 01:12 PM
i have about 4 inches. does it really look like a foot?

davidvs
March 22nd, 2008, 01:25 PM
My hair seems to have reached a terminal length at just below my shoulder blades. I'm pretty sure this is due to my hair care habits. In particular, I don't avoid the shedding that happens when I brush it often, and I even brush it wet after a shower.

My guess is that if I were to switch to finger-combing or a widely spaced wooden comb my hair length would continue to increase. I know my length is not "truly" terminal because it needs occasional trimming to keep even. So less hair lost should result in longer hair remaining, right?

Until it reached this effectively terminal length it seemed to grow at a linear rate, although I did not measure to confirm this.

So, in response to your question, were I foolish enough to extrapolate based on a data set of one item, I would conjecture that your rate of hair growth will stay constant until it stops, and changing habits of hair care could increase that terminal length if desired.

Does that seem right to other people?

sweetkandi
March 22nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
I dont think it looks like a foot...

abqbelly
March 22nd, 2008, 01:30 PM
wow. thanks for the responses!

i dont know if waist is the same to me as other people, but i only hair 4 inche suntil it brushes the smallest part of my body. to me, thats waist. i'm pretty short, so maybe thats why it looks like more than that, but a foot would take it below my butt.

anyhow, it seems to be pretty much stuck at this length (or around), but i'm still shotting for waist length (or pretty much waist length) by january 1rst.

i hope i can

FrannyG
March 22nd, 2008, 01:40 PM
I think you could easily be at waist by the new year. :happydance:

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 02:10 PM
4" to go = 8 months growing left so November you should be at waist, if you grow the average 0.5" a month!

tiny_teesha
March 23rd, 2008, 05:44 AM
at least 6 months i would say.

Carolyn
March 23rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
i have about 4 inches. does it really look like a foot?I think it looks like a foot because you have low rise pants on in the picture. When I was growing to waist it took me about a year to net 3" of gain. I grew half inch per month but with trims I lost about half of what I'd gained. It depends on how much you trim whether or not you'll get there within a year.

embee
March 23rd, 2008, 10:00 AM
Seems to me that a Big Growth Stall often occurs around bra-strap or just-below-shoulder-blade length. It feels like Terminal, because the hair just doesn't seem to get longer.

I don't know what that is, because when I was younger I was convinced my hair could not grow beyond BSL - yet here I am at Classic. :) Benign Neglect is my friend. I put my hair up and did not measure or trim or otherwise worry about it. And one day my normal updo didn't work right *at all* - and that was because my hair had grown - it was almost waist! (happy dance all over my house!)

So keep your chin up, your hair likely has not stopped growing at BSL. Also, when your chin's up your hair looks longer.... ;)