PDA

View Full Version : is my growth fast or slow?

Ireland
July 2nd, 2018, 11:54 AM
So I joined last year and I wasn't very active but now I'm back with a vengeance! :cool:

My hair a year ago was to my collar bones and now its an inch past armpit length!
is this slow growth or normal rate?

I have SUPER fine hair but a lot of it for being naturally dark straw. blonde!

Please let me know, and if it is slow how can I speed it up?

ravenskey
July 2nd, 2018, 12:35 PM
How many inches is that, because different people have different measurements?

Average hair growth is 0.5" a month.

spidermom
July 2nd, 2018, 01:30 PM
It sounds maybe on the slightly fast end of normal rate. In a year, mine has grown from barely shoulder length to barely APL, and that includes 2 trims. So it sounds like our growth rates are similar.

samanthaa
July 2nd, 2018, 01:38 PM
It sounds about average to me. The only way to tell for sure is to take a soft measuring tape (the kind they use for sewing) and measure to where your was then and where it is now. 6" of growth in a year is about .5" a month.

ETA: Actually, you can probably use some yarn, mark it, then measure the marks on the yarn with a standard ruler/measuring tape if you don't have a soft one.

Ireland
July 2nd, 2018, 02:42 PM
Would I need to part my hair in the middle? Do I measure from the part?

samanthaa
July 2nd, 2018, 02:47 PM
I would measure the same way you take length measurements. Place the tape measure at your hairline at the front, then measure over your head and down the back. I usually brush all my hair back, but it shouldn't really matter, since the longest strands are likely coming from the hairline at the nape of your neck (unless you have a totally blunt hemline).

lapushka
July 2nd, 2018, 02:48 PM
You would need to measure from your hairline at your forehead, back over your head and down your back - that's how most of us at the LHC measure, because your forehead gives you a constant for a starting point from which to measure!

Corvana
July 2nd, 2018, 03:52 PM
I'd say it sounds about average, considering it's close to what I've grown. But our markers are all different, so what's CBL to APL for one person may be 6" but on another it's 8".

lithostoic
July 2nd, 2018, 04:12 PM
Well I'm not psychic so I don't know your height, but CBL-APL in a year sounds about average to me.

Andthetalltrees
July 2nd, 2018, 04:28 PM
I'd say it's probably average too, It seems like shoulder-ish to APL is around 5-6" for most people so that would be inline. I grow a bit above average around 0.75 a month and I went from CBL to BSL in a year

Ireland
July 5th, 2018, 08:00 PM
I've never measured my growth, im excited to have a more accurate idea about my hair's growth!