PDA

View Full Version : 11 years of growing and 4 years on LHC! Lots of pics!

TatsuOni
July 2nd, 2018, 09:12 AM
11 Years have now passed since I had a side cut and decided that I wanted long hair.

https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2007_593ea6549606ee4e5116a007.jpg
I cut all of the hair to the same length (0,5 cm, so a little shorter than in the picture), but kept bangs to have less of a buzz cut. But since I hate having bangs, so I soon cut it off too.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2008_593ea6b92a6b223b35931d93.jpg
Back then I used a really dull scissor to cut my hair and would continue to do so for years.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20091_593ea6e72a6b222ab5da0cd4.jpg
Don't ask me why, but I bleached my hair... Above is the "carrot phase".

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2009_593ea7219606ee4e3f6790c3.jpg
Blond and abused hair.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20101_593ea7602a6b222ab273a090.jpg
And of course, I soon missed having black hair.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20102_593ea792ddf2b35e672b92b5.jpg
I decided to for the last time in my life, bleach my hair before dying it red and then go back to black once and for all. And thus the "carrot phase" again.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20112_593ea7ee2a6b22a7e0c032f4.jpg
I also used to let a friend heat style my hair.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20113_593ea8469606ee4e56bbc28c.jpg
I really enjoyed the color hair, but what a hassle to keep it red!

https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2012_593ea8642a6b222ad8fbf90f.jpg
After I had to wash it with some special stuff before surgery, most of the dye washed out and I decided to let the bleached hair grow out and slowly cut it away before dying it black.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20131_593ea8b2ddf2b35e325f86d2.jpg
Before jumping in to the shower to do my first CO-wash.

TatsuOni
July 2nd, 2018, 09:13 AM
https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20141_593ea9052a6b222ab273a0bd.jpg
This is what my natural hair color looked like after a year of CO-washing and when most of the bleach had been cut away.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20142_593ea949ddf2b35e672b92d5.jpg
I decided to never again use chemical dyes again and wanted to be a henna head for a while, before starting the process of getting it black with indigo.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/20151_593ea996ddf2b35d8a3a364a.jpg
The process of getting it black. It took some time and effort, but was worth it. Also, my hair finally started to get longer for real, now that I now longer mistreated it.

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2016_593ea9b89606ee4e3261c486.jpg
Black again.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2017_593ea9ffddf2b35e325f8703.jpg
Uneven hemline because of my braid waves.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/2018_5b3a4030ddf2b36cb878b447.jpg
And this is today! I'm closing in on classic and am going for terminal!

Although my hair would have been a lot longer if I would have taken as good care of it all the way, as I'm doing today. I have no regrets! I had a lot of fun trying different colors and doing stuff with my hair!

illicitlizard
July 2nd, 2018, 09:36 AM
Omg your hair has been through so many colours! (And they all suit you so well I'm envious as). The length you're at now is gorgeous too. Honestly this post gives me hope, it's so nice to see someone's journey from really short hair!

lapushka
July 2nd, 2018, 09:38 AM
Wow! That is a lot of progress. You went through a dye phase, just like me. ;)

It looks amazing! :D :applause
Well done!

TatsuOni
July 2nd, 2018, 10:12 AM
Omg your hair has been through so many colours! (And they all suit you so well I'm envious as). The length you're at now is gorgeous too. Honestly this post gives me hope, it's so nice to see someone's journey from really short hair!

Thank you! :blossom: I've learned that the most important things (other than taking care of your hair) is to have patience and fun :)

Wow! That is a lot of progress. You went through a dye phase, just like me. ;)

It looks amazing! :D :applause
Well done!

Thank you! :flower: I had to go through that phase while my hair was still short ;)

pailin
July 2nd, 2018, 10:26 AM
True, shorter hair is great for experimenting with color! I'm glad you got to enjoy super short hair, and heat styling, and lots of colors. And your hair looks fantastic now!

I used to have a pair of glasses that looked just like the ones in your 2009 blond picture.

Anyway, congratulations on your anniversary, and on some truly gorgeous hair!

TatsuOni
July 2nd, 2018, 10:29 AM
True, shorter hair is great for experimenting with color! I'm glad you got to enjoy super short hair, and heat styling, and lots of colors. And your hair looks fantastic now!

I used to have a pair of glasses that looked just like the ones in your 2009 blond picture.

Anyway, congratulations on your anniversary, and on some truly gorgeous hair!

Thank you! :flower: I still have a pair of glasses that looks pretty much like that :p Whenever I need new glasses I buy frames that's the same style as my previous :p

pailin
July 2nd, 2018, 10:50 AM
Actually my current second pair is still the same too-except for being blue!
Your hair really is gorgeous, and it's also good to see you haven't been afraid to enjoy it.

Ireland
July 2nd, 2018, 12:06 PM
Wow this is so inspiring! Its also really nice to see that you achieved all this and still had a lot of fun with color and eventually got a color you just maintain!

ravenskey
July 2nd, 2018, 12:38 PM
Happy 11 years of growing and :thud: your hair now is gorgeous and very inspiring.

TatsuOni
July 2nd, 2018, 01:02 PM
Actually my current second pair is still the same too-except for being blue!
Your hair really is gorgeous, and it's also good to see you haven't been afraid to enjoy it.

Thank you again! I think that hair is supposed to be fun :)

Wow this is so inspiring! Its also really nice to see that you achieved all this and still had a lot of fun with color and eventually got a color you just maintain!

Thank you! :blossom: Now I'm enjoying trying new hairstyles and buying hair toys instead of dying it :sun:

Happy 11 years of growing and :thud: your hair now is gorgeous and very inspiring.

Thank you! :flower:

maybeinaforest
July 2nd, 2018, 01:36 PM
That's quite a journey! My hair didn't start as short as yours (bob) but my "phases" looked very similar. Dark, red, carrot, dark, carrot, dark, etc... It's amazing mine never fell out. Your hair looks fabulous. A wonderful ending to a fun beginning. (Also, hello fellow gothy person :demon: )

lapushka
July 2nd, 2018, 02:54 PM
Thank you! :flower: I had to go through that phase while my hair was still short ;)

Did that too, the farthest I got was almost BSL to BSL and due to a dye disaster (chemical cut & burn), I went back to chin. I think when you dabble in dye and are impulsive about it (change colors a lot) it is hard to grow long. When sticking with one color, I'm sure that is *very* different but you can't be a vat of impulses when trying to grow long.

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
July 2nd, 2018, 03:09 PM
Your hair looks wonderful! And what a fascinating journey it has been through to get to where it is now!

prairie lark
July 2nd, 2018, 03:19 PM
wow, I would never have thought your gorgeous black isn't natural. Beautiful results, tatsu.

length, shine ~ #hairgoals

Wildhorserider
July 2nd, 2018, 03:32 PM
This is stunning! You really did look great with every color you tried. It looked so healthy in all the pictures. And I must add; those EYES 👀! My word!! Absolutely mesmerizing!

embee
July 2nd, 2018, 03:39 PM
My goodness, that's a bunch of changes! Glad you were able to have that fun. Your long hair now looks lovely. :)

Corvana
July 2nd, 2018, 03:58 PM
Happy LHC-iversary!!

Lizabeth94
July 2nd, 2018, 08:22 PM
Your hair looks gorgeous, you can really see the difference in how healthy it looks, and I would say that the henna and indigo dyes look much better than the chemical dyes you were using before! I've always assumed in your pictures that your hair is naturally black!

Katsura
July 2nd, 2018, 08:28 PM
Your hair is stunning.:heartbeat

rika_jane
July 2nd, 2018, 08:32 PM
Your hair is so beautiful!!! It's super inspiring to see people who've made it aaaall the way from hair as short as mine, gives me hope that one day I can get there too :D

Crystawni
July 2nd, 2018, 10:53 PM
Your hair is really coming into its own now, Tatsu! Love it, and congrats on sticking with it.

Ligeia Noire
July 3rd, 2018, 06:13 AM
Can't imagine you with any other colour than black. So that was a trip.
Congratulations! You came a long way and it looks beautiful.

school of fish
July 3rd, 2018, 07:17 AM
I agree with Crystawni, your hair really is coming into its own - it's just beautiful! Loved seeing all the progression along the way - you've really made the most of every stage :)

eresh
July 3rd, 2018, 07:31 AM
Wow your hair looks amazing!
And you had lots of fun with colours

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2018, 10:46 AM
That's quite a journey! My hair didn't start as short as yours (bob) but my "phases" looked very similar. Dark, red, carrot, dark, carrot, dark, etc... It's amazing mine never fell out. Your hair looks fabulous. A wonderful ending to a fun beginning. (Also, hello fellow gothy person :demon: )

Thank you and hello! :waving:

Did that too, the farthest I got was almost BSL to BSL and due to a dye disaster (chemical cut & burn), I went back to chin. I think when you dabble in dye and are impulsive about it (change colors a lot) it is hard to grow long. When sticking with one color, I'm sure that is *very* different but you can't be a vat of impulses when trying to grow long.

Your hair looks absolutely gorgeous! :D

True :) Now I'm all about length and health :) And thank you again! :blossom:

Your hair looks wonderful! And what a fascinating journey it has been through to get to where it is now!

wow, I would never have thought your gorgeous black isn't natural. Beautiful results, tatsu.

length, shine ~ #hairgoals

Thank you! :flower: My father has black hair (or rather grey and black now), and I have black eyebrows and eyelashes so that might be some of the reasons it looks natural on me :)

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2018, 10:47 AM
This is stunning! You really did look great with every color you tried. It looked so healthy in all the pictures. And I must add; those EYES ��! My word!! Absolutely mesmerizing!

Thank you for those sweet words! :flower:

My goodness, that's a bunch of changes! Glad you were able to have that fun. Your long hair now looks lovely. :)

Thank you! :flower: Now I can have fun with my hair in more healthy ways :p

Happy LHC-iversary!!

Thank you! :blossom:

Your hair looks gorgeous, you can really see the difference in how healthy it looks, and I would say that the henna and indigo dyes look much better than the chemical dyes you were using before! I've always assumed in your pictures that your hair is naturally black!

Thank you! :blossom: Henna and indigo does indeed look more natural than chemical dyes :)

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
Your hair is stunning.:heartbeat

Your hair is so beautiful!!! It's super inspiring to see people who've made it aaaall the way from hair as short as mine, gives me hope that one day I can get there too :D

Thank you! :flower: I'm sure you'll get there someday! :)

Your hair is really coming into its own now, Tatsu! Love it, and congrats on sticking with it.

Thank you! :flower: Long, black and healthy are the goals I'm sticking with now! :)

Can't imagine you with any other colour than black. So that was a trip.
Congratulations! You came a long way and it looks beautiful.

Thank you! :flower: Black is the color that I like best :)

TatsuOni
July 3rd, 2018, 10:51 AM
I agree with Crystawni, your hair really is coming into its own - it's just beautiful! Loved seeing all the progression along the way - you've really made the most of every stage :)

Thank you! :blossom:

Wow your hair looks amazing!
And you had lots of fun with colours

Thank you! :blossom: I sure did! :)

cathair
July 3rd, 2018, 11:59 AM
:thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: Happy anniversary!

Guitargod
July 3rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
Nice series of pictures and quite a journey from teenager to "supposed to be grown up by now" :)
When I first came here I actually thought you were Asian because your hair is so black and shiny. It suits you very well.

CindyOfTheOaks
July 3rd, 2018, 03:10 PM
Wow ! What a journey !
Love all the pics !
Happy anniversary :cake::flowers:

iforgotmylogin
July 3rd, 2018, 03:14 PM
In my tenure here I've only ever played favourites twice - pili's toothbrushing photo is my fave member pic, and your long, shiny black hair my favourite member's hair. Whilst you told me once that you henndigo it it never really sunk it that is wasn't just always that way. ägd

MidnightMoon
July 3rd, 2018, 11:14 PM
It's looking amazing, Tatsu :crush:
And it seems you still have a lot of growth potential, given how thick and healthy your ends look!

C_Bookworm
July 4th, 2018, 12:42 AM
So amazing to see where you’ve been to get to this point. Your color, shine, and thick hemline are consistently a source of inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing :flower:

TatsuOni
July 4th, 2018, 07:51 AM
:thudpile: :thudpile: :thudpile: Happy anniversary!

Nice series of pictures and quite a journey from teenager to "supposed to be grown up by now" :)
When I first came here I actually thought you were Asian because your hair is so black and shiny. It suits you very well.

Thank you! :blossom: My username might also be a bit misleading :p

Wow ! What a journey !
Love all the pics !
Happy anniversary :cake::flowers:

TatsuOni
July 4th, 2018, 07:52 AM
In my tenure here I've only ever played favourites twice - pili's toothbrushing photo is my fave member pic, and your long, shiny black hair my favourite member's hair. Whilst you told me once that you henndigo it it never really sunk it that is wasn't just always that way. ägd

Thank you so much! :flower:

It's looking amazing, Tatsu :crush:
And it seems you still have a lot of growth potential, given how thick and healthy your ends look!

Thank you! :flower: Are we still on for the race to knee?

So amazing to see where you’ve been to get to this point. Your color, shine, and thick hemline are consistently a source of inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing :flower:

Thank you for those kind words! :flower:

MidnightMoon
July 4th, 2018, 07:58 AM
Thank you! :flower: Are we still on for the race to knee?

You're welcome. And you bet :rockerdud!

But being serious, I think you're winning. I'll measure distance to knee later :lol:

TatsuOni
July 4th, 2018, 08:03 AM
You're welcome. And you bet :rockerdud!

But being serious, I think you're winning. I'll measure distance to knee later :lol:

It feels as if I got more of a chance now that you've trimmed your hair :p I should measure the distance later too :p

MidnightMoon
July 4th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Came back from measuring. Supposedly, it's 37cm, about 15 inches. Which means about 3 years given I have ends to trim and don't think my hair can withstand so long without at least some dusting.
I did comb my hair, which makes it a tiny bit straighter than usual... and can't tell my exact length in cm or inches at the moment because I only have one of those long hard wood rulers, not a measuring tape :lol:

I'm about 168cm tall, but I feel a bit surprised, I mean, my butt is big and probably covers more of my thighs than someone's skinny butt does, but it doesn't seem like so much to go when you see it in a ruler and not in your body. In any case, I still think you're going to win haha. Better hair condition, care, texture helps, and I'm thinking I'm a bit taller. But when I do get there we can toast :beerchug:

Dendra
July 4th, 2018, 12:22 PM
Congrats TatsuOni, your hair is super gorgeous and only getting nicer! Thank you for all the pictures, I love a good hair journey :heart:

TatsuOni
July 4th, 2018, 12:37 PM
Came back from measuring. Supposedly, it's 37cm, about 15 inches. Which means about 3 years given I have ends to trim and don't think my hair can withstand so long without at least some dusting.
I did comb my hair, which makes it a tiny bit straighter than usual... and can't tell my exact length in cm or inches at the moment because I only have one of those long hard wood rulers, not a measuring tape :lol:

I'm about 168cm tall, but I feel a bit surprised, I mean, my butt is big and probably covers more of my thighs than someone's skinny butt does, but it doesn't seem like so much to go when you see it in a ruler and not in your body. In any case, I still think you're going to win haha. Better hair condition, care, texture helps, and I'm thinking I'm a bit taller. But when I do get there we can toast :beerchug:

I am short (156 cm), so I only have 34 cm to knee from here. But a lot can happen, so we wont know for sure until we get there :hifive:

Congrats TatsuOni, your hair is super gorgeous and only getting nicer! Thank you for all the pictures, I love a good hair journey :heart:

MidnightMoon
July 4th, 2018, 12:43 PM
I am short (156 cm), so I only have 34 cm to knee from here. But a lot can happen, so we wont know for sure until we get there :hifive:

Race is still going strong, then :cool:
Gotta go back to wearing it up!
And that smiley is very cute :lol:

Arciela
July 4th, 2018, 03:37 PM
Wow TatsuOni! You have beautiful hair, thank you for sharing! :blossom:

TatsuOni
July 5th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Wow TatsuOni! You have beautiful hair, thank you for sharing! :blossom:

Groovy Granny
July 5th, 2018, 04:59 PM
Wow...I just saw this after being away....congrats :applause:

What a journey....it looks amazing :crush:

Kat-Rinnè Naido
July 6th, 2018, 01:07 PM
Wow! Well done and congratulations. Your hair looks awesome. No matter your colour choice they all suited you well.
Happy growing and good luck as you continue on your hair growing journey.

TatsuOni
July 7th, 2018, 02:41 AM
Wow...I just saw this after being away....congrats :applause:

What a journey....it looks amazing :crush:

Wow! Well done and congratulations. Your hair looks awesome. No matter your colour choice they all suited you well.
Happy growing and good luck as you continue on your hair growing journey.

Serimel
July 8th, 2018, 05:25 AM
Stunning Tatsuoni, thank you for sharing progress. Late congrats!

TatsuOni
July 8th, 2018, 05:45 AM
Stunning Tatsuoni, thank you for sharing progress. Late congrats!