PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your front pieces?

SallySue
June 29th, 2018, 01:57 PM
Just wondering how people generally style the front wisps when you leave your hair down. Do you twist them? Pin them back?

(Assuming they are shorter and wispier than the rest of your hair, as a lot of people's tend to be. I personally like to keep mine cropped around chin/collarbone, as they get damaged and thin out really unattractively when worn much longer)

lapushka
June 29th, 2018, 02:16 PM
I have no face framers, so it all goes back. I just have the thin wisps from my front hairline and they are a few inches long.

lithostoic
June 29th, 2018, 03:22 PM
I have a lot of baby hairs that are around 2-3 inches and I have no idea what to do with them! They just stick straight out/down from my hairline.

Robot Ninja
June 29th, 2018, 03:47 PM
I used to just leave them to stick out wild and free. Then I got bangs and the bangs assimilated the wispies. Except for a few 1-2 inch bits on the side where I part my hair; they're rebels. I just let them be themselves because I can't be bothered to really do anything about them.

littlestarface
June 29th, 2018, 03:59 PM
Well since I have bangs I like to braid them so they stay out of my face and away from my ears. I'm never cutting bangs again!

spidermom
June 29th, 2018, 04:14 PM
I've been know to use a tiny dab of gel on wet fingers to twirl them around, coaxing little curls out of them. Or just smooth them down with a dab of gel. I've got a couple of areas that will stick straight out if I let them. Sometimes I let them.

Lizabeth94
June 29th, 2018, 04:15 PM
I have super annoying short pieces right above my ears, they drive me crazy! They never grow long enough to be incorporated into a braid, but they grow long enough that if I tuck them behind my ears they curl around behind my ear and point towards my face. I don't cut them in the hopes that they will magically grow long enough someday to go back, but maybe I should. I normally end bobby pinning them to the sides of my head behind my ears, or using bobby pins like a needle and thread to weave them into the hair that is pulled back and hoping they stay. I can't wear them out either (pulled in front of my ears) because they don't hang down straight, they curl and look funny.

sophia_
June 29th, 2018, 05:12 PM
I have growing-out bangs that I keep long enough to put in my buns and braids, but sometimes I leave them out if I'm going for that look lol

Stray_mind
July 1st, 2018, 12:03 AM
I just let them do their own thing untill they're long enough to be tied back with the rest of my hair.

chomsky
July 1st, 2018, 12:57 AM
I just let them do their thing and roam free. A lot of the hair at the front is the same as the rest and just goes up, but those little baby hairs give me a little halo. I don't mind. :o

maybeinaforest
July 1st, 2018, 10:38 PM
They do whatever they want. I can't contain them, especially if it's windy, which it's almost always windy here. I've learned to embrace it.

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 2nd, 2018, 01:46 AM
I cut the side bits to about chin / collar bone because past collar bone they get REALLY thin and damaged.
I might as well cut some small face framing layers, since I already have bangs.
Having long hair makes my face look “dragged” and old, idk. I don’t look great with long hair
But bangs and face framing layers really help make the long hair suit me.
Plus it suits my hair type. The natural side bits curl on their oWn, I don’t use styled on them.