PDA

View Full Version : What is slippage?

Starchild494
June 29th, 2018, 12:16 PM
I'm a little lost.... Can someone explain to me what slippage is? I think I have an idea of what it is, but I would like more clarification.

Dendra
June 29th, 2018, 01:21 PM
People talk about wanting 'slip' from their conditioner, which means a nice thick, slippery texture which allows for good moisturising and enables easy detangling.

From personal experience a nice rich conditioner with good slip makes my hair silky smooth, which is great but can make it tough to keep in a bun because it slithers its way out!

Someone else might have a different definition but this is what I understand slip/slippage to be :)

lapushka
June 29th, 2018, 02:21 PM
Slippage, or "slip" is the amount of softness and "slip" you get from your conditioner; actually it is pretty self-explanatory. It is what helps you detangle easily.

nycelle
June 29th, 2018, 04:02 PM
How slippery your hair is. You want some slip for easy detangling.

ravenskey
June 29th, 2018, 04:10 PM
Something I never have :lol:

It's basically how slippery and smooth(I get this) your condition makes your hair + how easy it is to detangles after(I don't get this).

sophia_
June 29th, 2018, 06:09 PM
How slippery your hair is/how easy it is for hairs to separate from one another. I struggle with having too much slippage, as I have fine hair, my buns never stay in place! Usually people with coarser hair or bleached/damaged hair will have less natural slippage, and people with fine "silkier" hair will have more slippage. It can be added with conditioners, silicone products add more slippage, but, for people with dry coarse/curly hair, they can stop moisture from entering the shaft sometimes and cause more harm in the long run.

Beckstar
June 29th, 2018, 06:21 PM
It when the lace of your slip is showing because it's a wee bit longer than your skirt. ;)

Nah, it's how slippery your hair is or how easily you can get a comb through it. I get great slippage with coney conditioners.

Starchild494
June 29th, 2018, 07:55 PM
Ok now my other question is....

Why do I get great slip on day 2 after wash? And how can I get more slip after washing? It gets frizzy and poofy. Am I using the wrong products?
Should I use a cone after my wash ?

TreesOfEternity
June 29th, 2018, 08:19 PM

Why do I get great slip on day 2 after wash? And how can I get more slip after washing? It gets frizzy and poofy. Am I using the wrong products?

My hair is most slippery the day after wash because it has lost all the humidity that made it poofy and not silky. Once the water outside the hair dries and the moisture gets locked in it has better slip, maybe that’s your case as well. I use a leave in cream, spray and oil on damp hair (sort of modified LOC method) and braid it overnight after a wash.

Dark40
July 4th, 2018, 12:25 PM
I agree with everybody what slippage means. It when you use a conditioner that has moisturizers in it, and it's gives your hair, "slip," and easy detangling.

lapushka
July 4th, 2018, 02:33 PM

Slip doesn't exactly apply to "dry" hair, and hair that's been "done". It refers to hair that is wet and about to be or fully coated in conditioner.