PDA

View Full Version : Another milestone - I can do a cinnabun!!

DecafJane
November 1st, 2008, 07:22 PM
I'm so excited! I tried this again, using my Quattro micro set, and it actually worked and stayed!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3071/2993968972_e1ca5c234c_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3168/2993968932_2c5113afec_m.jpg

I then tried it using a Monkthemonk bun stick and this held, too!
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3252/2993969024_3a9bc35f45_m.jpghttp://farm3.static.flickr.com/2191/2993968882_bdc9b63ac7_m.jpg

It is very much a baby cinnabun, but the fact that I can now do it and have it hold is a HUGE milestone! It is surprisingly comfortable and the hair holds nice and loosely around my scalp - now I know why they are so popular!

I can't wait to have a gorgeous cinnabun like you ladies who can wrap your hair around several times, but for now I am very excited (hence the photos and post)! *does a little dance*

rapunzhell13
November 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Congratulations!! It makes your hair look really long. :D

AprilElf
November 1st, 2008, 07:28 PM
Congratulations! Really cute pictures. :)
And I like your choice of hairtoys.

BlndeInDisguise
November 1st, 2008, 07:29 PM
That's so exciting! It looks, great, too! :) You'll be wrapping it around several times before you know it.

DecafJane
November 1st, 2008, 07:30 PM
Congratulations!! It makes your hair look really long. :D
Wow, that is a huge plus - thanks!

Congratulations! Really cute pictures. :)
And I like your choice of hairtoys.
Thanks - I love my toys, too. I look forward to having hair as long and gorgeous as yours, but until then, I like to have fun. :D

DecafJane
November 1st, 2008, 07:40 PM
That's so exciting! It looks, great, too! :) You'll be wrapping it around several times before you know it.

Thanks! I have been relying on french twists for months now with my hairsticks, so it is lovely to be able to add something new. :D

intothemist1999
November 1st, 2008, 10:06 PM
Oooo, I like your bun! :cheer: Congrats on your milestone!

I wish I could get mine to look like that. Even though I'm now 31" mine ends up like a little knob and even with blunt ends, seems to taper away -- I only get to coil around 2 times at most...little wee coils. :shrug: And they don't hold well. I've only ever worn them around the house, usually as part of an experiment!

DecafJane
November 1st, 2008, 10:12 PM
Oooo, I like your bun! :cheer: Congrats on your milestone!
I wish I could get mine to look like that. Even though I'm now 31" mine ends up like a little knob and even with blunt ends, seems to taper away -- I only get to coil around 2 times at most...little wee coils. :shrug: And they don't hold well. I've only ever worn them around the house, usually as part of an experiment!

Thanks!
It is a shame that you can't do one at the moment. Hopefully later on you will have more luck!

StephanieB
November 1st, 2008, 10:56 PM
Congrats on your cinnabun, Jane! It looks great. :banana:

I still can't make a cinnabun out of my hair; it's just too thin.

How do you use hair sticks with a French Twist?
Where do you place the sticks?

DecafJane
November 1st, 2008, 11:05 PM
Thanks, StephanieB! This is where I put sticks in in a French twist. I am not sure if it is a real French twist, but it is close enough for me. :)
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3011/2609824316_6edca9c444_m.jpg

Here are the instructions from YouTube by Mei Fa (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPt81TzFn0).

Vitalai
November 2nd, 2008, 12:17 AM
Congratulations! :cheer: That's fantastic!

Your hair looks very healthy and shiny, and I adore your hair toys.

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 01:31 AM
Thanks, Vitalai! I have an obsession with collecting my hairtoys. I call it my "collection" because that it what it is, even though nobody else outside LHC understands. :D

Rae~
November 2nd, 2008, 03:33 AM
w00t w00t! Yay for getting to cinnabun stage. :D :happydance:

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 03:52 AM
Thanks, Rae. I think I should go and purchase some more Quattro sticks to celebrate. ;)

Rae~
November 2nd, 2008, 04:04 AM
Oh, most definitely. :nods seriously:

:eyebrows:

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 04:13 AM
Hahaha, you enabler! I need NO encouragement to buy Quattro. :P
I'm thinking of asking him to make me something in bright, bright blue to celebrate finishing my end of year exams. :)

Dolly
November 2nd, 2008, 04:37 AM
Nice bun Jane! Congrats!

My hair is BSL, but like Intothemist, mine just looks like a little knot. Its a skinny skinny cinnabun. But, I figure what the heck and wear it anyway!

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 04:42 AM
Thanks, Dolly. Hey, if you are having fun with it, go for the skinny cinnabun! I'm sure it looks great, anyway! :)

jessie58
November 2nd, 2008, 04:50 AM
That looks great and it's not as small as you think. When your hair grows some more, it's going to be huge. :)

Dolly
November 2nd, 2008, 05:16 AM
Thanks, Dolly. Hey, if you are having fun with it, go for the skinny cinnabun! I'm sure it looks great, anyway! :)

Oh, I am......I am one who "normally" wears my hair loose, but decided that when I am working, it would probably annoy me less if it were out of my way. So, I bought some ketylos (I'm addicted, for sure), and I have been wearing it in a cinna-KNOT (or cinna-BUMP) pretty often lately. Also, I make sure it is damp when I put it up, so that when I take it down, I have some pretty nice bun waves going on.....

Arctic
November 2nd, 2008, 05:32 AM
vERY NICE! cONGRATULATIONS! yOUR HAIR IS SO THICK THE BUN LOOKS BIG TO ME EVEN NOW!
(Oops, sorry, caps lock was on)

paper
November 2nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
That looks very pretty! Congrats!

neon-dream
November 2nd, 2008, 06:04 AM
Thats gorgeous :)
I might try something like that!
xxx

suicides_eve
November 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
good growing girl! it looks great! i never got around to be able to play with sticks. looks likes it would be fun to do- i 'm plain ol' pony tail girl myself.

Indigosails
November 2nd, 2008, 07:48 AM
Your cinnabun is gorgeous. It does make your hair look longer and I do love your hair toys. I need some hair sticks.

jojo
November 2nd, 2008, 12:52 PM
that is not a baby bun, more a toddler bun but a chunky one at that!

Well done it looks great!

DecafJane
November 2nd, 2008, 03:23 PM
That looks great and it's not as small as you think. When your hair grows some more, it's going to be huge. :) Yes, this is a bit of a concern - perhaps I'll have to have two large ones on either side of my head, just like Princess Leia . . . :D

vERY NICE! cONGRATULATIONS! yOUR HAIR IS SO THICK THE BUN LOOKS BIG TO ME EVEN NOW!
(Oops, sorry, caps lock was on) Thanks! I'm lucky to have thick hair - good hair genes, I think. :)

Thats gorgeous :)
I might try something like that!
xxx
Go for it! Playing with hair is so much fun. :)

good growing girl! it looks great! i never got around to be able to play with sticks. looks likes it would be fun to do- i 'm plain ol' pony tail girl myself.
Hair sticks are so much fun! Perhaps you can shout yourself a pair or two for christmas. ;)

Your cinnabun is gorgeous. It does make your hair look longer and I do love your hair toys. I need some hair sticks.
Thanks, any style that makes my hair looks longer is a good one. :D
And yes, you need some hair sticks. ;)

that is not a baby bun, more a toddler bun but a chunky one at that!
Well done it looks great!
Hahaha! Toddler bun - I like that. :D

Amara
November 2nd, 2008, 03:26 PM
Nice! I loved being able to put my hair up in a bun for the first time and pretend it was super long and nobody knew it. Heehee.

WritingPrincess
November 2nd, 2008, 05:42 PM
Congratulations on your cinnabun! I like your calling it a "baby cinnabun". Very pretty.

tomm
November 2nd, 2008, 06:37 PM
Congratulations! Your did a wonderful job, I can't believe that it's your first attempt.

teacher_mom2
November 2nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
I can't wait for bun length hair! Seems like forever............

sahiba
November 4th, 2008, 03:52 AM
Congrats .I'm so happy for you.:)

DecafJane
November 4th, 2008, 04:06 AM
Thanks, everybody! It really didn't take as long to get to as I thought, however I can't wait until it gets a couple of inches longer so that the hold is just a BIT better. :)