PDA

View Full Version : What hairstyle can make my face look smaller, slimmer?

Sweetalexandria
June 27th, 2018, 03:25 AM
So I am a normal weight but my face is full and it's not small.I know I can't change the shape of my face.

I want to choose a hairstyle that can make my face visually appear smaller, jaw smaller, slimmer?. Anyone have any tips?

Milady_DeWinter
June 27th, 2018, 05:22 AM
Mm, I'd say that the higher the bun is, the better. In a way that it could be seen from the front :)

I guess some people will come with more and better tips, but it's a starting point :flower:

ravenskey
June 27th, 2018, 05:39 AM
I have quite round cheeks and find that just pulling my hair back makes my face look slimmer but I'm not sure of any specific hairdos.

TreesOfEternity
June 27th, 2018, 05:50 AM
Layers and a deep side part usually work well with square faces :)

MidnightMoon
June 27th, 2018, 06:15 AM
My face looks slimmer with a middle part and hair loose on the sides. If I put it behind my ears everything is exposed. In front means the hair literally covers a bit of skin.
I really dislike a side part having a round heart face myself.

queenbee1
June 27th, 2018, 09:06 AM
contour makeup might help

lapushka
June 27th, 2018, 09:10 AM
If you are wanting long hair, there's barely a choice. You either wear it up in a bun, or wear it in a braid, or down.

If you're wanting to go for a stylish cut, you risk the stylist cutting huge bits off, and never reaching longer lengths (like classic, or beyond).

At some point you have to decide...

I think maybe wearing a bun high up (peeking over the crown) is the best way to wear one in your case. It's how I wear mine, and my face is pretty round. It gives me a more "stern" image.

Stray_mind
June 27th, 2018, 09:15 AM
Side part/side sweapt bangs usually help. You could also try wearing your hair in the front, so it covers parts of your face.

MoonRabbit
June 27th, 2018, 10:37 AM
Anything with volume. Hair down with lots of volume at the roots. Updos with a high bun and volume in the scalp hair. You don't want to slick all your hair down and back. Also some messy pieces of hair pulled out of the hairline, ears and such.

The idea is to create an illusion that you have more of an oval face shape, to make your face appear slimmer. Do styles that draws the attention vertically.

MidnightMoon
June 27th, 2018, 12:49 PM
Contour doesn't help with my face shape, it looks extremely fake and weird because there's not really any depth to begin with, so it just looks like I put brownish paint on/under my cheeks :lol:

Mademoiselle
June 27th, 2018, 12:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cmSTXnIEzg
Here are some good examples, in very round faces =) I think that is what works best, it can be with or without bangs, I hope I have helped you !:blossom::flower:

daisy rei
June 27th, 2018, 01:06 PM
I've found that lower buns make my face look fatter (chubby cheeks here) so I try to wear my hair higher up. But honestly, having a "fat" face is a genetic blessing. It may look irritating to you now, but people with extra fat in their faces age waaaaay better then people with gaunt faces.

Aredhel
June 27th, 2018, 01:21 PM
I have a very round face and I've found that a side part (and side bangs, even) is the most flattering for me. Or at least an off-centre part. A centre part just accentuates the roundness. :)

Lizabeth94
June 27th, 2018, 01:29 PM
I would say high buns, deep side parts, and side braids. Lol my hubby was just teasing me yesterday that doing a french braid made my cheeks look big. :wigtongue

hellomimi
June 27th, 2018, 01:43 PM
I usually go for something soft, like a soft braid with maybe some little pieces coming out, I like to have two little bits "Lara Croft style" like my boyfriend calls them :rolleyes: but with less hair coming out.
I find it looks very feminine and masks my cheeks.

I don't feel my best with all my hair pulled back, I feel like my face looks too serious..and round he he

Sweetalexandria
June 27th, 2018, 05:56 PM
I have a full oval face, its not exactly round but i just dont have any sharp angles to my face.

I find that when i wear my hair in a high pontail or high bun, my face looks smaller, slimmer too. People say i look i should get layers.

But as lapuska said, i have to choose and i have a urge to cut my waist length hair to medium length and put it in a high ponytail. With long hair, i aleays have it in a plait.

Chromis
June 27th, 2018, 06:15 PM
I don't think hairstyle influences this much. Makeup can for some faces, but I think contouring works better if you have a sharp bone structure to start, it does not add what is not there already, only enhance.

Mademoiselle
June 28th, 2018, 03:43 AM
my face is also oval, and the layers favor me, a couple of years ago I had it without layers and my face seemed more elongated without angles, then I made layers at the height of my chin and without a doubt I feel that they favor me, they give more volume and angles to the face. The only bad thing is the days of frizz the short layers do not behave well hahaha

ravenskey
June 28th, 2018, 06:42 AM
If you find that a high ponytail works then you could make one and then just plait it, That way you get the height but it's still protected.

And just to clarify what I said above, because pulling hair away from the face is kind of the opposite of what others said, pulling my hair back works for me because although the apples of my cheeks are pretty round my cheekbones are quite high and reasonably defined which means that if I let my hair fall over my face it only shows the roundness(also my hair puffs up around my face making it look bigger too).

Rebeccalaurenxx
June 30th, 2018, 12:20 AM
Getting layers around the face would help with this case.
Soft layers, side swept bangs are usually good.
No blunt cuts or short short bangs.
Side swept bangs suit most face shapes and are easy to accomplish.