PDA

View Full Version : Eight months! (Am I one of the lucky ones??)

Elizabeth E
June 23rd, 2018, 02:41 PM
Hi All,
I hope you're all well and persevering with your individual hair journeys. Mine started eight months (and a week, to be accurate) ago and I've seen a huuuge improvement so far. Okay, so I haven't been very active on the community the past couple of weeks, but that's simply because I felt I was obsessing about my hair too much and needed to take a break.
It looks like a few weeks of benign neglect and resisting the lure of the measuring tape gets the job done! Just for fun, I recorded a video of my hair today to properly see what it looks like and when I compared it to the first video I'd taken at the start of my journey, I was quite stunned. Not only is my hair obviously longer, but thicker too!
I do credit LHC for teaching me the importance of wearing my hair up and protected - it has made the single biggest difference to my length and thickness. And for teaching me patience! ;) Thanks to all of this, the measuring tape tells me that my length has increased by 14cm. And I am ​measuring correctly (from the hairline).
It was also my first time putting a video up on Youtube, so feel free to check it out and tell me what you think.
Happy growing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-OND4Div9I

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2018, 02:49 PM
Wow, that's a huge difference! :D

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 02:53 PM
I know it's unsolicited advice, but I find you are quite rough with brushing when the video started. :o Is that just me? I can see the difference in your hair though, so whatever you are doing now, it is working. :thumbsup:

littlestarface
June 23rd, 2018, 02:56 PM
Sorry but too much flipping and swinging for me, I cant tell how much its changed.

AutobotsAttack
June 23rd, 2018, 03:03 PM
It’s not uncommon to see large spurts of growth. So far these last two months I’ve received 3 inches, and will be at another inch by the end of This month. Happens a lot with seasonal growth as well for many others including myself.

Love your hair color! It’s looking very full and well kept! Happy growing!

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 03:10 PM
Sorry but too much flipping and swinging for me, I cant tell how much its changed.

I paused the video. That helped me look at the hair.

cathair
June 23rd, 2018, 03:19 PM
I skipped from the beginning to the end. Quite a difference! You must be so pleased :) did you trim at all during that time?

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 03:23 PM
I skipped from the beginning to the end. Quite a difference! You must be so pleased :) did you trim at all during that time?

I skipped bits too, because I just wanted to see the difference, but then it's a video, and not pictures, and I forgot that somehow. LOL! ;) :p

Lanalavallama
June 23rd, 2018, 03:29 PM
14cm in 8 months?!
That's fantastic.

And flipping your hair didn't affect my ability to see the difference.

Elizabeth E
June 23rd, 2018, 03:30 PM
I know it's unsolicited advice, but I find you are quite rough with brushing when the video started. :o Is that just me? I can see the difference in your hair though, so whatever you are doing now, it is working. :thumbsup:
No you're right, I brushed it too roughly then. I switched to gently detangling with a wide toothed comb and it works wonders.

Whoops, sorry - I should've expected it since my facial expressions, for example, tend to appear too intense in videos. Will keep stiller next time!

It’s not uncommon to see large spurts of growth. So far these last two months I’ve received 3 inches, and will be at another inch by the end of This month. Happens a lot with seasonal growth as well for many others including myself.

Love your hair color! It’s looking very full and well kept! Happy growing!
Thank you! Glad to hear you're getting so much growth :)

I did! I did two 1cm trims earlier this year and I trimmed off 2cm at the end of May because the left side being longer than the right bothered me. It seems to catch up very quickly, though.

lithostoic
June 23rd, 2018, 03:40 PM
Great progress!

Elizabeth E
June 23rd, 2018, 03:45 PM
I skipped bits too, because I just wanted to see the difference, but then it's a video, and not pictures, and I forgot that somehow. LOL! ;) :p

I would have preferred to put in pictures, but the problem is that I did not take any pictures of the back of my head when I started out. This is also the only video I have of that time - guess I was too unhappy with my hair's state then.

enting
June 23rd, 2018, 03:48 PM
It looks great!
After the first 8 months that I kept it up and protected all day (but not at night yet) I saw a lot of growth and improved health, more than I thought was possible with my hair. After 8 or 9 months of keeping it protected was the first time in my life that I heard from a hairdresser "wow, your hair is so healthy!" rather than "oh there's a lot of breakage here". It's really amazing what happens just by reducing the amount of damage!

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 04:05 PM
No you're right, I brushed it too roughly then. I switched to gently detangling with a wide toothed comb and it works wonders.

I am so glad to hear you found a better way to detangle! :D

chiapommama
June 23rd, 2018, 04:41 PM
Looks great! Amazing what lots of TLC will do.

Bookprincess
June 23rd, 2018, 06:05 PM
Great job! It's looking a lot thicker and I can see a significant increase in the length too. Keep it up :)

Elizabeth E
June 24th, 2018, 03:40 AM
Thank you All :D
Seeing the improvement definitely gives me the courage to continue!

Dendra
June 24th, 2018, 03:45 AM
Very nice, congrats Elizabeth E! Just goes to show what a better hair care routine can do. And the jump in length is very noticeable too.

Sarez
June 24th, 2018, 05:54 AM
Gorgeous! Bouncy and beautiful! Well done :D

kamileona
July 2nd, 2018, 12:49 PM
WOW! Only 8 months?? Im super impressed. Im definitely trying your routine. Sooo simple and such a great result!

ravenskey
July 2nd, 2018, 01:08 PM
I only just looked at this - excellent growth Elizabeth E :thud:

My first thought watching was that I wished my hair would show as much progress in 8 months time but on the other hand if I gained as much thickness as you did I'd be more hair than human :lol:

Lizabeth94
July 2nd, 2018, 08:30 PM
I can see the difference, it looks amazing! Much thicker, and longer, I would even say the color looks richer at the roots.

rika_jane
July 2nd, 2018, 08:59 PM
Wow, incredible progress!! Your hair looks so soft and healthy *o*

Elizabeth E
July 4th, 2018, 01:08 PM
WOW! Only 8 months?? Im super impressed. Im definitely trying your routine. Sooo simple and such a great result!

Aw, thanks! I hope it works for you as well :D

Elizabeth E
July 4th, 2018, 01:12 PM
I only just looked at this - excellent growth Elizabeth E :thud:

My first thought watching was that I wished my hair would show as much progress in 8 months time but on the other hand if I gained as much thickness as you did I'd be more hair than human :lol:
Well, everyone's hair is different. And I laughed so hard at the 'more hair than human' part!

I can see the difference, it looks amazing! Much thicker, and longer, I would even say the color looks richer at the roots.
Thank you! I don't know if the colour change is because I started using castor oil on my scalp - I think I once read that it can give your hair colour a boost. But I'm not 100% sure!