PDA

View Full Version : So what is your hair routine

DinaAG
June 23rd, 2018, 03:09 AM
Hello beautiful ones, I thought of starting this thread to share hair routine and advices and what helps you maintaining your hair, fir me beside the usual shampoo and conditioner I wash it with vinegar once aweek and I oil it with olive oil after each wash, put it in a bun and silk cap for 30 minutes when it is about to dry then remove the cap and enjoy it

ravenskey
June 23rd, 2018, 03:37 AM
Most days: WT comb, oil, comb again, sometimes brush with a paddle brush, then put up in whatever hairdo I feel like (a braid or braided bun).
At the end of the day I oil my ends again and then just sleep in whatever my hairdo of the day was.

Wash day: WT comb, oil, comb again, then CO wash(I comb again when the conditioner is in), air dry(if I'm staying at home I keep my hair down to dry but if I need to go out I will put it up), and because my hair stays wet for a long time it is generally still damp by the time I go to bed so I sleep with it loose.

I wash once every 10 days, and scritch my scalp once a week.

Zindell
June 23rd, 2018, 04:10 AM
I have been out of work for about a year, and what I've discovered during this time is that I really don't have to wash it all the time. (I used to wash my hair every 2:nd or 3:rd day).

Now I can easily go 2 weeks or even longer and my hair is fine! Amazing discovery. :o
I'm sure it was some days in the beginning with greasy hair, but I can't really remember it being a hassle.

So;

- I wash my hair maybe two times a month. (Shampoo, no conditioner)
- After the wash I detangle with a compact Tangle Teezer
- I brush my hair once a day with a compact Tangle Teezer

Now in the summer I usually put my hair up with a beak clip, but most time of the year I wear it down or in a half-up with a Flexi-8
(APL - Midback length, wispy bangs)

Zindell
June 23rd, 2018, 04:12 AM
I have been out of work for about a year, and what I've discovered during this time is that I really don't have to wash it all the time. (I used to wash my hair every 2:nd or 3:rd day).

Now I can easily go 2 weeks or even longer and my hair is fine! Amazing discovery. :o
I'm sure it was some days in the beginning with greasy hair, but I can't really remember it being a hassle.

So;

- I wash my hair maybe two times a month. (Shampoo, no conditioner)
- After the wash I detangle with a compact Tangle Teezer
- I brush my hair once a day with a compact Tangle Teezer

In the summer I usually put my hair up with a beak clip, but most time of the year I wear it down or in a half-up with a Flexi-8.
(APL to midback length with wispy bangs)

Xlena
June 23rd, 2018, 04:28 AM
I wash with sulfate-free shampoo and condition (only the ends, never the roots) every 2-3 days, depends on how oily my hair gets. Sometimes I use leave-in conditioner in between whases if I feel my hair too dry. Then I use a tangle teezer before leaving and before going to sleep. And once every 1-2 weeks (whenever I feel my hair needs it) I put coconut oil (or argan oil, but right now I have no left) in mid-ends and then wash with sulfate shampoo ;)

Stray_mind
June 23rd, 2018, 04:46 AM
Washing with no sulfate or sulfate shampoo (i interchange them), conditioning my hair from ears down. I wash every third day or so. The rest of the time my hair is up in a ponytail, half up or a peacock twist. I brush my hair once every few months, the remainding time i just finger detangle and put it up.

So in short - benign neglect.

ReptilianFeline
June 23rd, 2018, 05:16 AM
I wash once a week using a mix of chickpea flour and water/youghurt/fermented rye flour water depending on what I have. I add something to exfoliate, like neem powder or katam or henna and indigo. I make it a bit acidic because of the hard water. I scrub my scalp properly after the mix has been in my hair about 10 minutes, then rinse it out and finish witha magic water rinse to remove hard water buildup.
I brush through my hair once or twice a week and keep it most of the time in a bun or a lazy wrap.

Claireabelle123
June 23rd, 2018, 05:31 AM
I wash with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner once a week. Followed by a leave in. Other than that I just sort of put it up and leave it

AutobotsAttack
June 23rd, 2018, 05:38 AM
Usually I wash every 2-3 days.
Spray roots with diluted shampoo, coat the rest of my hair with conditioner and then rinse,
I deep condition every 2-3 days with a protein treatment followed by a moisturizing treatment.

I wear a lot of protective styles, right now I’ve been keeping my hair in four freestyle braids, or two English braids, or Senegalese twists. I’m trying to keep them in for a week so I can stretch my washes a bit more since I’m getting busier with school starting soon.

hollygolightly
June 23rd, 2018, 07:27 AM
the days that i don't wash my hair i wake up, brush it, oil the ends and then i wear a scrunchy or maybe some pins, or something that will make it look like 90s (i don't know why but lately i've been super into 90s hairstyles) and before i go to sleep i brush my hair, then i oil the ends and since i bleached my hair a while ago i've been thinking that my hair needs a more heavy oil so instead of using a blend of oils i just use coconut oil. the days that i wash my hair sometimes i like to oil all my hair the night before or just use a diy deep conditioning mask before i wash it, then i let it air dry. i'm trying to wash my hair every 4 days and is working pretty well

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 07:54 AM
I thought we just had a thread like this too; but anyway. My routine is in my signature. I sulfate wash, weekly with the WCC method, I use an oil rinse and do the LOC/LCO method.

Frankenstein
June 23rd, 2018, 08:31 AM
Currently my routine is:
Wash 3x a week with sulfate shampoo and condition (cones or no cones, it varies). Then for a final rinse I dunk my hair in a cup of distilled water and then pour the rest over my head. Comb, wrap in towel for 30 minutes then air dry usually and wear it up almost every day.

chiapommama
June 23rd, 2018, 11:02 AM
Co wash twice a week with Vo5 kiwi lime squeeze , condition with Garnier Pure Clean. Few drops of oil, right now my favorite is sweet almond oil, then gel either LA looks sport gel, or my new favorite, flaxseed gel. Plop in t shirt for 10 minutes or so, then take down and air dry.

Bookprincess
June 23rd, 2018, 11:34 AM
I lightly oil my ends daily and use a paddle brush. I wash once or twice a week. I alternate between applying some sort of hair mask (DIY or store-bought) or pre-wash conditioner every wash day. Then use a sulfate-free shampoo and condition again. Sometimes I use sulfate shampoo though if I feel too oily.

lithostoic
June 23rd, 2018, 03:31 PM
hollygolightly, sounds like a great routine!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2018, 03:36 PM
Wash twice a week with diluted shampoo, oil rinse, condition. Clarify once a month. Hair is bunned during the day and in a sleep cap at night.

I try to keep it simple :D

DinaAG
June 23rd, 2018, 03:56 PM
You are all so inspiring!

MusicalSpoons
June 23rd, 2018, 04:47 PM
I'm currently experimenting with tweaking my washing method, but my basic routine is:

Full wash ~once a week - diluted sulphate-free shampoo, oil rinse (MO or almond oil), conditioner. Wash in the evening so airdry (loose, draped over satin scarf over pillow) overnight
Every two days in between, half or full scalp wash
Detangle each morning with wooden WT comb, then bun
Sleep with hair loose in satin nightcap

sophia_
June 23rd, 2018, 05:00 PM
My routine changes in the winter but right now I wash daily with sulfate-free shampoo, condition with the macadamia deep repair mask, which I leave in for roughly 7 minutes, and use a nettle rinse (recently i've been adding hibiscus), then oil while wet and use cone serum to detangle while dry (my fine hair is impossible to detangle while wet)

Konfitura
June 27th, 2018, 02:24 PM
I'm currently washing two times a week, mid-week with clay and at the end of week I oil my hair (currently with grapeseed oil as it is very light and my hair loves it). While waiting I have some time to cook fresh flaxseed gel - half of it for "shampoo" and half for rinse. First half is then, when still hot, mixed with aritha, shikakai and amla or neem, one table spoon of each. I let it soak in the gel till it's cool. Other half of gel is mixed with filtered/boiled water and a splash of ACV. As I'm always washing my hair in the evening I try to dry my hair as much as I can with old T-shirt, scrunch for some wurls and then go to sleep.
I hope I could stretch no-wash period a bit more

nycelle
June 27th, 2018, 02:35 PM
Sulfate free shampoo, condition, and leave in conditioner, every 3-4 days, then air dry.

I also deep condition once a week, and started clarifying about every 4 weeks since going sulfate free.

Dark40
June 27th, 2018, 08:26 PM
I wash 3 times a week with shampoo and conditioner. Some days I'll co-wash with only conditioner. I deep condition twice a week. One day I'll deep condition with a light protein/moisturizing conditioner, and another day I will deep condition again with a moisturizing conditioner. I spray my hair with my leave-in conditioner, I let it air-dry up to 5 or 6 hours. Then, I apply some oil to my air-dried hair, and I will blow-dry it for only 5 minutes. Then, I'll put it in a ponytail or a bun.