PDA

View Full Version : I'm baack! (Hair Update Picture)

CatsAndCoffee
June 22nd, 2018, 06:01 PM
Hi everyone! I had joined this forum years ago when I first started really trying to grow my hair out. To summarize my intro, I've had short hair all my life. I've wanted long hair for years but have a bad habit of chopping (or bleaching it to the point of total loss and THEN chopping). As such I've been stuck in and around BSL for years.

Unfortunately, stress and major life changes pushed this forum to the back burner for a long time. After a traumatic event, I started experiencing major stress-related hair loss, and decided to chop to above shoulder length, again. Although I'm in a much better place mentally/emotionally now, I still hadn't put much thought into my hair or this forum: Two major moves (one international), working full time, adopting and raising two puppies, and going back to school kept me pretty occupied.

Until today as I was blow drying my hair and realized that being so busy must've helped my hair because I am officially below BSL for the first time EVER in my life! :joy:I was so excited and I realized that I only knew one place to properly celebrate this hair victory: Long Hair Community!

So, here I am, and without further ado, here's my hair:
https://i.imgur.com/0Q3grIhm.jpg

It's a little poofy from the blowdryer and unfortunately still not back to its original thickness following the period of hair loss, but I'm pretty happy with how it looks and being (I think) a few inches from waist! I would love tips on getting to waist, regrowing after hair loss, and how y'all take such lovely pictures of your own hair!
https://imgur.com/0Q3grIh

Khristopher
June 22nd, 2018, 09:08 PM
Welcome back, and congrats on your growth! Your hair looks great :D for me the biggest improvement I did when growing to waist was oiling my ends daily, but the best tip you can get is what you're doing right now: keep yourself busy and being neglect :cool: you'll be at waist in no time for sure (be sure to share a pic when it happens!)

Bookprincess
June 22nd, 2018, 11:28 PM
Your hair looks lovely! It actually seems pretty thick to me :D The best advice I'd give is probably to oil your hair often with coconut or olive oil depending on what works best for you to protect the length of the hair from damage. And maybe try cutting out the blow dryer or at least drying it with cold air ;) Stay active in protecting and treating your hair regularly to maintain the growth, and soon you'll be at waist!

Stray_mind
June 23rd, 2018, 12:43 AM
Welcome back. Congratulations on your milestone! Your hair is looking great :)

Kitty-Zen
June 23rd, 2018, 04:42 AM
Welcome back! Ive been on a bit of a lhc hiatus as well. Seconding the sugguestion to oil your ends! Have you tried the SMT/ experimented with aloe and honey conditioning?

lapushka
June 23rd, 2018, 07:57 AM
It looks great! :D Welcome back! :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
June 24th, 2018, 10:55 AM
Hello and welcome back. Your hair looks lovely. Enjoy your hair growing journey. Good luck just be patient.

CatsAndCoffee
June 24th, 2018, 04:57 PM
Thanks everyone :D

Follow up questions:

* What oils are recommended for fine hair? I've done deep conditioning with coconut oil, but I can't imagine using that as a leave-in. It'd make my hair so weighed down and greasy.

* What is SMT?

Lizabeth94
June 24th, 2018, 08:25 PM
Congrats on your hair growth! Looks amazing!