PDA

View Full Version : It's that time again! My 6th LHC Hairiversary!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 04:27 PM
Yep, time really flies! Has it really been six years since I joined the LHC?!!! Wow.... :p

So when I joined here my hair was dyed brown and at a length of between shoulder length and APL. Soon after joining I decided to stop dying my hair and let the greys show, but was horrified at the contrast between the silver hair and the brown dye, so then I decided to dye my hair blonde and hope that the brown dye would fade - which it did, so that when I did grow out my natural hair colour the contrast wouldn't seem so obvious.

Then my plan was to gradually decrease the processing time of the blonde dye on my hair, so that gradually my own colour would show through more and more. This process took four years but I have been delighted with the results - a non obvious demarcation line! (It is now just below APL).

So here are photos, one from each year here (I get about 7.25" growth a year. I started here with 20" of hair, now it is coming up to 56"... :) I am currently micro trimming to thicken the ends up a bit, it's working well :) Then I hope to grow to ankle, if I can).

https://i.imgur.com/03Wofmx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Hc9GB7Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iUtflTk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9LB3tFb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OSUXEJZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/suHaCLY.jpg

lapushka
June 19th, 2018, 04:33 PM
Congratulations!!! :D :happydance:

You sure came a long way!

Dendra
June 19th, 2018, 04:35 PM
Congrats Sarahlabyrinth, that's such a lot of progress in six years :cheer: your waves are gorgeous.

It's inspiring to me that you started with 20" of hair :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 04:36 PM
Congratulations!!! :D :happydance:

You sure came a long way!

Yes, it's been a looong journey - and still not finished :D It's mostly been fun, apart from two big sheds.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 04:37 PM
Congrats Sarahlabyrinth, that's such a lot of progress in six years :cheer: your waves are gorgeous.

It's inspiring to me that you started with 20" of hair :)

Well, we all start with short hair... :p Mostly those are braid waves. I love braid waves.

prairie lark
June 19th, 2018, 04:44 PM
Lovely, lovely Sarah :crush:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Lovely, lovely Sarah :crush:

Thank you, Prairie Lark :)

EdG
June 19th, 2018, 04:47 PM
Happy anniversary, Sarah! :thud:
Ed

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 04:50 PM
Thank you very much, Ed :D

MoonRabbit
June 19th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Congrats SL. Your journey is very inspiring and I love how your hair appears to glow from within. Beautiful!!

Ligeia Noire
June 19th, 2018, 05:01 PM
Sarah congratulations. I love your hair and your progress is very inspiring. I am in awe at your rath growth per year. More than seven inches is amazing. Mine is five inches with one or two small trims. Anyway, you will be at ankle in no time and like the photoshop picture hinted, it will be beautiful.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 05:02 PM
Thank you, MoonRabbit. It does love the sunshine :D

FennFire911
June 19th, 2018, 05:04 PM
Your hair is absolutely amazing. Congrats on your 6th! :)

Dark40
June 19th, 2018, 05:15 PM
Congratulations Sarah! :) :applause

You have come a long way! Happy Anniversary!

Aunt Rapunzel
June 19th, 2018, 05:21 PM
:thud: Your hair is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing pictures!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 05:22 PM
Sarah congratulations. I love your hair and your progress is very inspiring. I am in awe at your rath growth per year. More than seven inches is amazing. Mine is five inches with one or two small trims. Anyway, you will be at ankle in no time and like the photoshop picture hinted, it will be beautiful.

Thank you, Ligeia, I do hope I will be able to reach ankle, I have no doubt at all that you will :D and beyond, too.

Thank you so much, FennFire :D

Congratulations Sarah! :) :applause

You have come a long way! Happy Anniversary!

Thank you Dark40 :flower:

Robi-Bird
June 19th, 2018, 05:29 PM
Look at you grow! Your hair is gorgeous!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 05:31 PM

:thud: Your hair is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing pictures!

Awww, thank you! :o

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 05:33 PM
Look at you grow! Your hair is gorgeous!

Thank you Robi-Bird :)

Remi
June 19th, 2018, 06:37 PM
I couldn't pass by this thread without looking at all your amazing hair pics. Congratulations on getting to knee. :) . Wishing you many more years of healthy hair!

Saige
June 19th, 2018, 06:37 PM
Congrats on 6 years! Your hair is looking fantastic, as it always does!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 06:42 PM
Remi and Saige, thank you very much :flowers: :flowers:

darren
June 19th, 2018, 07:08 PM
Awesome progress! That is really cool to see how much hair can grow when you take care of it and have enough patience.

CopperButterfly
June 19th, 2018, 07:37 PM
I'm pretty new here, but your hair really stands out. I love the silver glow, and it's so long. When I "grow up" I want long silver hair like you.

cailinbee
June 19th, 2018, 07:40 PM
Congratulations! That's amazing that you had the delicacy and patience to slowly let your natural color come through...with incredible results!

Ligeia Noire
June 19th, 2018, 08:20 PM
You know what? Most of all enjoy it, that is a cliché, I know but that is what counts, the ride.

Borgessa
June 19th, 2018, 08:22 PM
Congrats on 6 years :)

spidermom
June 19th, 2018, 08:40 PM
Wow, I remember that first photo, but I didn't remember it was you.

Beckstar
June 19th, 2018, 09:11 PM
Happy anniversary. That's a lot of growth.

chiapommama
June 19th, 2018, 09:13 PM
Happy anniversary Sarah. Gorgeous hair. Like I've said before , reminds me of a silver waterfall.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 09:24 PM
Thank you all! I wouldn't have had the patience to keep at it without all of you to encourage and support me :D

Groovy Granny
June 19th, 2018, 09:40 PM
Awesome progress ~ looks great ~ congrats :applause

Alissalocks
June 19th, 2018, 09:54 PM
Your progress is really inspirational to see, and your growth rate is enviable!! Lovely :flower: happy growing!

Arciela
June 19th, 2018, 09:57 PM
Happy anniversary Sarah!! You have amazing growth and beautiful hair!! :blossom:

pili
June 19th, 2018, 10:09 PM
Congratulations on six years. Your hair is so beautiful and inspirational!

Stray_mind
June 19th, 2018, 10:31 PM
Amazing progress in just 6 years. Cingratulations! :cheer: :toast:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 19th, 2018, 11:18 PM
Thank you guys! :D

Kat-Rinnè Naido
June 19th, 2018, 11:53 PM
Congratulations on your 6th LHC year.
Your story is inspiring. You have come a long way and will get there. Good luck on your journey onwards.

Hexen
June 19th, 2018, 11:59 PM
Considering 6 years ago mine was pretty much the same length as it is now, Im quite astounded and thoroughly impressed by your photos and hair growth timeline. What a wonderful adornment. Congratulations. And Happy Hairiversary!

https://image.ibb.co/ds6CLJ/headbanger.gif

diddiedaisy
June 20th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Beautiful Sarah. I can’t believe you’ve only been growing 6 years, that’s a lot of hair!!! :)

Milady_DeWinter
June 20th, 2018, 01:08 AM
So beautiful Sarah! Your growth is such an inspiration, now looks better than ever :) Love it!

Katsura
June 20th, 2018, 01:54 AM
Congratulations on your 6th year anniversary. I love your princess Tuvstarr hair. :heart:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2018, 03:16 AM
Your story is inspiring. You have come a long way and will get there. Good luck on your journey onwards.

Considering 6 years ago mine was pretty much the same length as it is now, Im quite astounded and thoroughly impressed by your photos and hair growth timeline. What a wonderful adornment. Congratulations. And Happy Hairiversary!

Beautiful Sarah. I can’t believe you’ve only been growing 6 years, that’s a lot of hair!!! :)

So beautiful Sarah! Your growth is such an inspiration, now looks better than ever :) Love it!

Congratulations on your 6th year anniversary. I love your princess Tuvstarr hair. :heart:

Thank you all so much:) I have (mostly) enjoyed, and will continue to enjoy the journey. Hair is a lovely blessing :)

chomsky
June 20th, 2018, 03:33 AM
Congratulations! And your ends are coming along very nicely, they look even fuller every time I see them! :blossom:

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2018, 03:52 AM

Congratulations! And your ends are coming along very nicely, they look even fuller every time I see them! :blossom:

Thank you, it's lovely to hear that! :D

embee
June 20th, 2018, 04:39 AM
Very clever work with the dye. Your hair is lovely and it sure did grow out! :) Happy anniversary.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2018, 04:43 AM
Very clever work with the dye. Your hair is lovely and it sure did grow out! :) Happy anniversary.

Thanks, embee :D It was a theory I thought up, about the dye and luckily it seems to have worked.

ravenskey
June 20th, 2018, 05:10 AM
Congratulations on your 6th LHC anniversary!

Your hair is very :thud: worthy.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2018, 05:53 AM
Many thanks, ravenskey :D

nycelle
June 20th, 2018, 06:33 AM
WOW..very nice! And it's grown super long, very impressive. Congrats!!

MusicalSpoons
June 20th, 2018, 08:50 AM
Oh wow :thudpile:

That would be impressive growth for 10 years, let alone 6! As always your hair looks stunning, but in that last photo your ends look amazing - so much more even and the thickness is obviously travelling down. Beautiful! :cloud9:

TatsuOni
June 20th, 2018, 09:01 AM
Congrats! Your hair looks amazing! :)

samanthaa
June 20th, 2018, 12:03 PM
Beautiful hair, Sarah! Your strategy for growing our your blonde is the same strategy I (tried) to use growing out my henna, but yours is so much more subtle and gradual. Very beautiful hair.

Pumpkin3826
June 20th, 2018, 12:28 PM
Wow, what a journey! Congrats! :joy:

Elizabeth E
June 20th, 2018, 01:15 PM
Wow, Sarah, that is amazing! :o
You hair is gorgeous and very inspiring; would love to see it at ankle-length!

CindyOfTheOaks
June 20th, 2018, 03:48 PM
Happy anniversary !
What a lovely journey !

cathair
June 20th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Happy anniversary! It's been a pleasure to watch your journey :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 20th, 2018, 08:33 PM
Thank you all :) :crush:

Jas
June 21st, 2018, 05:11 AM
I love these threads :D 6 years! wow. I think I said before, but your hair was the first head of hair I saw when I came on the forum and it definitely made me jawdrop because it's so pretty! I can't believe how far you've come in the last 6 years.

eresh
June 21st, 2018, 08:17 AM
Congratulations!!
Your hair is very beautiful!

tangocurl
June 21st, 2018, 09:27 AM
Beautiful, and what a graceful transition with the color!

melikai
June 21st, 2018, 05:15 PM
Wow you have such lovely hair SL! Congratulations on 6 years. Also - your hair grows incredibly quickly! It's also much wavier than it used to be. Really pretty. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
June 21st, 2018, 11:16 PM
Thanks, all! :D Melikai, they are braid waves.

Xan
June 21st, 2018, 11:26 PM
Yep, time really flies! Has it really been six years since I joined the LHC?!!! Wow.... :p

So when I joined here my hair was dyed brown and at a length of between shoulder length and APL. Soon after joining I decided to stop dying my hair and let the greys show, but was horrified at the contrast between the silver hair and the brown dye, so then I decided to dye my hair blonde and hope that the brown dye would fade - which it did, so that when I did grow out my natural hair colour the contrast wouldn't seem so obvious.

Then my plan was to gradually decrease the processing time of the blonde dye on my hair, so that gradually my own colour would show through more and more. This process took four years but I have been delighted with the results - a non obvious demarcation line! (It is now just below APL).

So here are photos, one from each year here (I get about 7.25" growth a year. I started here with 20" of hair, now it is coming up to 56"... :) I am currently micro trimming to thicken the ends up a bit, it's working well :) Then I hope to grow to ankle, if I can).

https://i.imgur.com/03Wofmx.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/Hc9GB7Q.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/iUtflTk.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/9LB3tFb.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/OSUXEJZ.png

https://i.imgur.com/suHaCLY.jpg
Wow Sarah very cool profession, close to ankle wow:)

Xan
June 21st, 2018, 11:29 PM
Wow Sarah very cool progress, close to ankle wow:)
Hate spell check .lol

Sparklylady82
June 22nd, 2018, 12:21 AM
Congratulations! Did you trim very much along the way? Your hair grows so fast!
*Sparkly*

_fred_
June 22nd, 2018, 12:51 AM
Happy Anniversary! :happydance: This is inspirational, and it's amazing this has only taken 6 years!

AutobotsAttack
June 22nd, 2018, 01:52 AM
Hair is looking thicker and thicker!

Love the color gradient too!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2018, 03:11 AM
Congratulations! Did you trim very much along the way? Your hair grows so fast!
*Sparkly*

Thank you all :D

Sparklylady82, most years I did a couple of small trims, one year I did no trims, one year I did micro trims for six months and this year I have done four micro trims so far, and plan to do another three... so a bit of a mixture, really :p

Lady Stardust
June 22nd, 2018, 03:48 AM
Your hair always looks amazing. I particularly love the second picture showing the colour transition. You did that so well!

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2018, 04:59 AM
Your hair always looks amazing. I particularly love the second picture showing the colour transition. You did that so well!

Thank you so much :)

Peppergirl
June 22nd, 2018, 07:37 AM
You are such an inspiration to me! I have learned so much from being here in such a short time...….. :)

AndreaNOR
June 22nd, 2018, 09:38 AM
That's amazing growth, congratulations

StartingFrom0
June 22nd, 2018, 09:55 AM
Amazing! Patience pays off. What's your secret? Any phases of total benign neglect?

teemee
June 22nd, 2018, 10:25 AM
your silvery mane is beautiful and don't you forget that! Congratulations on your journey!

Guitargod
June 22nd, 2018, 04:11 PM
Congratulations Sarah! I've admired that hair since I came here.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2018, 04:41 PM
That's amazing growth, congratulations

Thank you :flowers:

Amazing! Patience pays off. What's your secret? Any phases of total benign neglect?

Patience, and always being gentle with my hair. Plus add to that a fast growth rate and that's it, I think. And permanent benign neglect. It's always either bunned or in a sleep cap for its own good! (Otherwise it would fly around getting caught, tangle and break off, being fine).

your silvery mane is beautiful and don't you forget that! Congratulations on your journey!

Thank you so much :crush:

Congratulations Sarah! I've admired that hair since I came here.

Thank you Guitargod, that's so sweet :D

Sarahlabyrinth
June 22nd, 2018, 04:43 PM
You are such an inspiration to me! I have learned so much from being here in such a short time...….. :)

Thank you so much Peppergirl! :D There is such a lot to learn at the LHC, but it's very much worth it for anyone who wants long healthy hair, or just healthy hair :) I do love it here :D It's awesome to think that I could be an inspiration to anyone here.

Salwety
June 22nd, 2018, 11:09 PM
Congratulations SL :cheese: amazing growth and beautiful hair, and your hemline is noticeably improving. I am starting to think how it would be in another six years .... wooooow.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 23rd, 2018, 01:16 AM
Congratulations SL :cheese: amazing growth and beautiful hair, and your hemline is noticeably improving. I am starting to think how it would be in another six years .... wooooow.

Thank you! I sometimes think of how it could be in another two or three years' time - you are thinking way ahead of me :p